• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Roll Call for Fan Appreciation Day 2009

Jack&Dew

Gator Fan
I wish I could but busy this weekend. My wife went to the Ladies event and won the signed Gator History book by all the coaches. I would like to have it signed by Tebow, Spikes, and many others. Maybe I will get another chance in the future.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
"Talk of the Town": My Fan Day Experience

I went to Fan Day yesterday; even though I was one of the lucky few to get in line early as I arrived in Gainesville @ 8:00 in the morning, that didn't stop the ensuing chaos once the doors were opened a half-hour later than scheduled.

Even though I was able to get autographs from the running backs, kickers, punters and tight ends sans Aaron Hernandez, it was a madhouse in there. I had voicemails on my cell phone from two friends I was hoping to meet up with, but with such a large crowd there that was nearly impossible. To get to the other position tables tickets were being handed out, but unfortunately the QB table was cut off after a certain point. To me, it seems that Tebowmania was the main reason why the vast majority of the fans came.

I did see Chuck Steinmann, who's Billy Steinmann's (reserve OL) dad up from Volusia County. I had met and talked with him during a spring practice session I had attended on a Saturday before the O&B game, and I was happy that he remembered our conversation. I also noticed some of the other players' parents there also; Chas Henry's dad was speaking to his son just before I got to the autograph table, and earlier before doors opened I had noticed Rev. and Mrs. Tebow walking across the street en route to the football complex.

Around 1:30 or so, knowing it was going to be next to impossible to get other autographs on my poster, I headed over to the student union for lunch and some shopping; in spite of the fact that I saw a couple of guys with Bama and SOW gear on to my displeasure over there, I did pick up a nice Gator wine decanter for my glassware at home that I had an eye on. Some students were arriving back on campus, and it looks like Pi Chi sorority had some of their pledges there as well.

I headed back to Orlando @2:30 or so, not knowing which direction and/or how much of an effect Tropical Storm Claudette would have on the area since it was out there in the Gulf. Since we're hitting peak hurricane season right now, my travelling will come to a stop until later - now I need to start planning my gametime menus for the season! Still hoping to get some tix to the FIU game in November, though.

GO GATORS!!!!!! :gator::gator::gator:

FanSmack

VIP Member
As you stated on my blog - Wish we could have met up. Glad you decided to make the trip!

I run into Tim Tebow all the time at restaurants and the grocery store. I'll snag an autograph for you next time I see him.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema