• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Ridiculus!

InkedAdrenaline

VIP Member
When I first came to this site, I thought great a site to talk with fellow Gator fans, BUT now I see u are all bandwagon junkies!

U were praising Meyer and Gator nation with 2 titles and a bunch of SEC titles. NOW we get a POS O. Coor and a pansy ass QB who too afraid to break a nail if he runs and throws every ball 30ft n the sky over the receiver and u r turning ur back on Meyer.

Meyer WILL make the changes needed and will b back with a great season next year and u will ALL feel like shit.

I bleed orng n blu do u? CHOMP CHOMP:gator:

Like i said before the head coach does have the power right ? meyer is letting brantley and addazio run all over him so thats why ! get rid of those 2 ...MEYER CAN DO THAT.. but he wont .

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
waste their money? sounds like ur only a fan when we win. there will b big changes made in the off season u will see.

The people want changes now. We will not fire any coaches (O-coordinators) during the season, so we must wait. But what we can do now is make a QB change. I think a lot of people, including myself, want to see more Reed at QB.

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
When I first came to this site, I thought great a site to talk with fellow Gator fans, BUT now I see u are all bandwagon junkies!

U were praising Meyer and Gator nation with 2 titles and a bunch of SEC titles. NOW we get a POS O. Coor and a pansy ass QB who too afraid to break a nail if he runs and throws every ball 30ft n the sky over the receiver and u r turning ur back on Meyer.

Meyer WILL make the changes needed and will b back with a great season next year and u will ALL feel like shit.

I bleed orng n blu do u? CHOMP CHOMP:gator:

If you truly read the post you would find that most people have been tired of Addazio for a wile. Now its starting to build to Meyer. Wile most fans here if not all agree that Addazio must go we are not calling for Meyers head out right. If Meyer continues to make excuses for Addazio's lack of offensive game planning and inability to scheme a offensive around Brantley then yes I would have to agree Meyer is out of touch. Our offense was not that good last year and we had some good ball players. Tebow made our offense shine and that got us only so far. You can have all the talent around you in the world but if you have a guy calling horrible calls it will never work. He has said on numerous occasions that we are a smash mouth offense. Who's really scared of a 190 lb back running up the middle 30 times a game. We are not built for a smash mouth offense. Doesn't he remember we are supposed to be a spread offense which means you spread the defense out and get your speedy guys on the edges and running vertical. When has this guy ever done that, against Vandy, Kentucky and part of Georgia?He is also in charge of the offensive line which is horrible. This is the same line that has " all the leadership" and these guys cant block for nothing. Thats two units he is directly in charge of that continue to play bad. Come on man wake up, its not wrong to criticize a coach as long as it warranted. No one truly wants Meyer to step aside they just want his ass to wake up and see whats going on. Florida fans are not the only ones who see this. Numerous analysts have stated this offense is bad. Who takes the blame for that? First Addazio then Meyer for refusing to make any kind of changes. If you cant take a little criticizes from time to time then yes maybe you need to leave the site. To sit there and say there is not a problem as some like to say is dead wrong. Meyer has not been the same since last year. Once again is his head in it? If not then yes step aside. If he truly believes that Addazio and Brantley are the answer then we got a problem. I like most other fans want whats best for the program in the long run. I believe the old Meyer is the best coach in the country. Now if he can get back to what made him that then we will be just fine. One final point for I end my rant. This offense has showed zero improvement from game to game. Please tell me why? We have athletes.

If you truly read the post you would find that most people have been tired of Addazio for a wile. Now its starting to build to Meyer. Wile most fans here if not all agree that Addazio must go we are not calling for Meyers head out right. If Meyer continues to make excuses for Addazio's lack of offensive game planning and inability to scheme a offensive around Brantley then yes I would have to agree Meyer is out of touch. Our offense was not that good last year and we had some good ball players. Tebow made our offense shine and that got us only so far. You can have all the talent around you in the world but if you have a guy calling horrible calls it will never work. He has said on numerous occasions that we are a smash mouth offense. Who's really scared of a 190 lb back running up the middle 30 times a game. We are not built for a smash mouth offense. Doesn't he remember we are supposed to be a spread offense which means you spread the defense out and get your speedy guys on the edges and running vertical. When has this guy ever done that, against Vandy, Kentucky and part of Georgia?He is also in charge of the offensive line which is horrible. This is the same line that has " all the leadership" and these guys cant block for nothing. Thats two units he is directly in charge of that continue to play bad. Come on man wake up, its not wrong to criticize a coach as long as it warranted. No one truly wants Meyer to step aside they just want his ass to wake up and see whats going on. Florida fans are not the only ones who see this. Numerous analysts have stated this offense is bad. Who takes the blame for that? First Addazio then Meyer for refusing to make any kind of changes. If you cant take a little criticizes from time to time then yes maybe you need to leave the site. To sit there and say there is not a problem as some like to say is dead wrong. Meyer has not been the same since last year. Once again is his head in it? If not then yes step aside. If he truly believes that Addazio and Brantley are the answer then we got a problem. I like most other fans want whats best for the program in the long run. I believe the old Meyer is the best coach in the country. Now if he can get back to what made him that then we will be just fine. One final point for I end my rant. This offense has showed zero improvement from game to game. Please tell me why? We have athletes.

Agreed!

xradman07

Gator Fan
Bottom line is coaching involves improvisation on the go! This is what Urban does not want to do. Yes Addazio is terrible at the OC position move him back to OL and go from there. Burton could not be that bad of a passer and combine his abilities to move is the best option as Reed has said the QB position is too much for him. So make him the change of pace. As for moving our current DC he is terrible at preplanning, see our disastrous first half outcomes. And the changes at half are not enough or too little too late.
Next the players are good just maybe as advertised. Is it Urban that is keeping good freshmen off the field? Debose shows skills so put him out there to make it on the fly hell Percy was not a practice monster but blew people up. As for the rest of the D, tried tackling lately????? When Lattimore was touched by multiple Gators in the backfield and still gained 6 yards that sayss as much about him and even more about us.
And I do agree do not be band waggoners but pardon the pun, change is needed, NOW!! Is Urban really invested or skittish about grabbing the bull by the horns. Hopefully offseason changes ( that by the way were supposed to happen this past offseason, now that is laughable! ) will not be to late to deter recruits especially as we hear the premadonnas are already getting pissy whether it is warranted or not.

Get it together Gators!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
sounds like u have it all figured out.:poop:

It bothers you that St. Urban is being criticized? Goes with the territory, when you screw up--or worse, when you're the Head Coach and you seem to be shirking your responsibilities AND looking like the proverbial "deer caught in the headlights" out there. NO ONE IS BIGGER THAN THE PROGRAM.
Look, for whatever reason, he has has steadfastly left Addazio in a situation he has long since well-proven he cannot handle. It has gone beyond the point where we can just blame the over-matched, under-qualified OC for everything that is going wrong. When you factor in those vapid post-game performances, where the bland BS is sprinkled over the REAL pile of doodoo (yeah, saw that mature little graphic above--I'm trying to show you more patience and respect than you've shown others here): ie. when Coach M. tells us how all these guys "graded out as champions", well, I could go on and on as to the reasons for our having had enough, but the point is that responsibility ultimately begins and ends at the top.
We want to see some drastic changes--and we're not alone here at this site in asking some valid questions:
WHY? Why is Addazzio still in charge of that terrible offense? (I mean, that was a PUTRID performance!)
WHEN? When is some kind of real change going to take place? (Not just a few "tricky wrinkles" for a play or two here and there, but a shelving of The Brantley Experiment AND that "didn't-work-last-year you-just-had-Tebow"-offense?)
WHO? Who is responsible for the various decisions in coaches, scheme, and on-field personnel, if not Urban Meyer? (And since when did this can't-play-freshmen-rule come into effect? What about the idea of starting to prepare for NEXT year?)
I am trying to give you some idea of the thought and consideration of folks here that led up to where many of us are at now--but if you want to just stubbornly dismiss us, that's OK. The way this team is being run now is just PERFECT for that approach.

It bothers you that St. Urban is being criticized? Goes with the territory, when you screw up--or worse, when you're the Head Coach and you seem to be shirking your responsibilities AND looking like the proverbial "deer caught in the headlights" out there. NO ONE IS BIGGER THAN THE PROGRAM.
Look, for whatever reason, he has has steadfastly left Addazio in a situation he has long since well-proven he cannot handle. It has gone beyond the point where we can just blame the over-matched, under-qualified OC for everything that is going wrong. When you factor in those vapid post-game performances, where the bland BS is sprinkled over the REAL pile of doodoo (yeah, saw that mature little graphic above--I'm trying to show you more patience and respect than you've shown others here): ie. when Coach M. tells us how all these guys "graded out as champions", well, I could go on and on as to the reasons for our having had enough, but the point is that responsibility ultimately begins and ends at the top.
We want to see some drastic changes--and we're not alone here at this site in asking some valid questions:
WHY? Why is Addazzio still in charge of that terrible offense? (I mean, that was a PUTRID performance!)
WHEN? When is some kind of real change going to take place? (Not just a few "tricky wrinkles" for a play or two here and there, but a shelving of The Brantley Experiment AND that "didn't-work-last-year you-just-had-Tebow"-offense?)
WHO? Who is responsible for the various decisions in coaches, scheme, and on-field personnel, if not Urban Meyer? (And since when did this can't-play-freshmen-rule come into effect? What about the idea of starting to prepare for NEXT year?)
I am trying to give you some idea of the thought and consideration of folks here that led up to where many of us are at now--but if you want to just stubbornly dismiss us, that's OK. The way this team is being run now is just PERFECT for that approach.

Thank you ! i agree whole heartedly

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Even the honorable Pat Dooley agrees with most of us, even though the fans can afford to go a little more overboard:
Gator consolation the best team in the SEC East will be representing the SEC East in Atlanta. | Gatorsports.com

For Florida to lay such a nasty, smelly, rotten egg with so much on the line should be a wake-up call for the head coach who has enjoyed so much success in Gainesville.

Something has to change.

I have great respect for Meyer and I have great respect for the work Steve Addazio did when Meyer was getting healthy. But if that's the best offensive gameplan — which produced 67 yards in three quarters — that Addazio could come up with in a game that meant so much, well, Florida needs a new offensive coordinator.

And a nice summary:
Florida? It will be interesting to see where the Gators go from here. This was a lost year. The mojo disappeared. The Swamp was very ordinary, emptying out the way Williams-Brice Stadium often does in the fourth quarters.

But now Spurrier has changed that with one dominating win.

Only Gators get out alive? I don't think so, says Steve Spurrier:
"Sometimes the Gamecocks get out alive," Spurrier said as he walked out of the post-game press conference.

Welcome to a new era of Gator football, ladies and gentlemen. Protecting Saint Urban won't stop this from getting worse. The offensive coordinator is responsible for the offense. The head coach is responsible for the offensive coordinator. If Steve Addazio's head doesn't roll soon, then the Gator Nation's patience will be pushed beyond the "let's cut Urban Meyer some slack because he lost Tim Tebow and 11 current NFL starters" Get Out of Jail Free Card.

Also, using the Ron Zook Meter, compare an Urban Meyer coached team in a down year to a Ron Zook coached team in any year. As bad as we sucked under Ron Zook we never lost three in a row, never lost three home games, always kept the offense ranked in the top five--despite never beating a ranked opponent at home--under Ron Zook. Here is the kicker--Zook lost five games at home in his three years. Spurrier lost five at home in twelve years. Meyer has lost three at home in one year, plus one home loss in '07. A loss to Appalachia State in the Swamp would sink him just about to the Ron Zook level with five home losses in four years.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Ok so tell me why Meyer is allowing 90k fans to waste there money on this BS when reeds sitting on the bench.

For the last :censored: Reed is a TE like Burton, both are on the field. Also Inked let's face it, we're all pissed what's going on however I didn't think it's fair to said all of us are bandwagoners. Some of us support Meyer. I support Brantley though that's going to be more difficult. Addazio well I think he should be fired.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I agree on the bandwagoner bit. We are still posting on a Gator site. The bandwagoners left the day after Tebow left, or somewhere amidst this tail spin of a season, probably in October. The rest of us are here, still wearing orange and blue, but are pissed. If we were bandwagoners we would not be here, right?

The Zooker

VIP Member
Meyer gets a mulligan season in my book. He will have a long time to sit and ponder what happened this season. And I have faith that he'll make the necessary staff changes. If nothing changes by the beginning of the 2011 season then I will finally concede that Meyer has lost it. Maybe the guy just wanted to give Addazio a full season. Maybe he felt he owed it to his buddy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema