• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Really Guys?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
(Groan...!) I actually came over to our site here this aft after getting alerts re first the Harris, THEN the Mornigweg incidents...
I really don't know what to say to ANY of this--let alone the timing of it all, especially the suspension of Treon when he was FINALLY poised to either start or put Muschamp in the "Do it or you're a stubborn IDIOT!"-position he apparently had to be backed into in ORDER to start him...Now he's somehow let the Coach off the hook and permitted him to do what I suspect he had a deep hankering to do ANYWAY: "Let it ride" on Driskel's shoulders.
I have no idea of guilt or innocence re the actual events here, only that in BOTH cases, our players HAD to know the situation, what was at stake in their own, the team's and the program's present and future, and somehow made (at the very least) DUMB choices--and in Treon's case, some sort of self-destructive stupidity that borders on...well, let's just see what that's about, and what actually happens before I launch full-on into my indictment of EVERYTHING "currently Gator".
I DID have a kind of sardonic "reverse reasoning"-moment, based on points E- has made of late regarding the choice between "clean'n'straight" and "down'n'dirty--but WINNING": The thought went through my mind as I got online here that maybe this is a GOOD sign, that the 'maladjusted bad-boys' are back, the kind of constantly-in-trouble, only-'safe'-place-is-on-the-field tendencies of the Gator teams that DOMINATED the SEC a few years back under Urban Meyer. Just a dark, wry thought, not that serious of course--but not exactly completely joking either!
Truth is, I can't FIND any possible "good side" to any of this at ALL...
One thing it SHOULD do, however, is utterly destroy Muschamp's last bit of "image defense": If even his sanitized-version of a Gator Team of "Discipline and personal responsibility" are still pulling bone-headed, screwed up moves like these, making such poor choices at the worst possible time, what's left of any point of defending, let alone keeping him?
I mean, if this is what's "just below the surface", waiting to burst free under any pressure from outside, then why NOT go get a "cynical amoralist" who at least knows how to RUN a program that dances on the dark side?

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
The Gator football program seems to be cursed. I blame George W. Bush...and Urban Meyer. (note that I used my sarcasm font on that one)

Leakfan12

VIP Member
The Gator football program seems to be cursed. I blame George W. Bush...and Urban Meyer. (note that I used my sarcasm font on that one)

Well I won't go there that much though I agree with blaming Meyer though Foley hired Muschamp. Also with the NCAA, they play favorites (the Gators were screwed big time by the SEC and the NCAA in the mid 1980's). It happens, a team gets good, getting these four-star five-star recruits, and those players underperform with the win-lose record suffering.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well I won't go there that much though I agree with blaming Meyer though Foley hired Muschamp. Also with the NCAA, they play favorites (the Gators were screwed big time by the SEC and the NCAA in the mid 1980's). It happens, a team gets good, getting these four-star five-star recruits, and those players underperform with the win-lose record suffering.
"Agree", BUT...Wish it were all that "simple" (like that's not tangled ENOUGH!). SO many different currents running through our fall at this point, so many things to address AND potential (perhaps even inevitable) problems and pitfalls ahead--I am beyond the "We gottta do this, this and that..."-stage. I WANNA just cut through the mountain-of-doo-doo somehow--so changes at the top appear to be de rigeur here, that much seems obvious. Same time, can't over-inflate expectations for whomever we get, nor (as E- has stressed since the start of our all coming around to this over time) even specifically envision WHO that will likely be--or even if "THAT guy" is out there!
We better do something, and get it RIGHT this time, though...We've tumbled back down to the base of the peak, and the yawning chasm of long term (and I mean LONG term) worse-than-mediocre is at our backs. We are on-the-edge, my brothers--a push in the wrong direction will finish the job for years to come.
It's that bad, that close, and that's a fall where you neither "land", nor "bounce" (and we're NOT gonna get the "help" from "powers that be" that the Notre Dames, Penn Sts, USCs, or Miamis do). We have only ourselves and the folks who actually make the decisions, get things done. I don't know exactly who they are, exactly what resources they have or the forces at work among them, but the "Gator Braintrust" damn well better have a collective IQ above mountain goat, I can tell you that much.
Cross your fingers: A little good fortune wouldn't hurt either...

miltongator

Gator Fan
Attorney: Treon Harris accuser withdraws complaint

Now, what repercussions should come her way? It ought to be severe since she very well could have messed up his career.

Escambia94

Attorney: Treon Harris accuser withdraws complaint

Now, what repercussions should come her way? It ought to be severe since she very well could have messed up his career.

This is much bigger than the game of football. If I were to guess, there will be no repercussions on either end, because this is really the story of two teenage, college students that messed up. It just so happens that when it comes to teenagers and young 20-year olds messing up, there is additional baggage if one or both of them are subject to NCAA Title IX rules.

I can relate to this, because I went to the University of Florida on an ROTC scholarship. Big scholarships like ROTC and athletic scholarships come with their own rules that get applied on top of school, state, and federal rules.

miltongator

Gator Fan
This is much bigger than the game of football. If I were to guess, there will be no repercussions on either end, because this is really the story of two teenage, college students that messed up. It just so happens that when it comes to teenagers and young 20-year olds messing up, there is additional baggage if one or both of them are subject to NCAA Title IX rules.

I can relate to this, because I went to the University of Florida on an ROTC scholarship. Big scholarships like ROTC and athletic scholarships come with their own rules that get applied on top of school, state, and federal rules.

You would think that there should be some downside for her. Otherwise, how can this kind of thing be curtailed?

Escambia94

You would think that there should be some downside for her. Otherwise, how can this kind of thing be curtailed?

It is in the student code of conduct. If a girl says it is rape, it is rape. The lesson here is that guys really need to be careful which girls they sleep with, because a girl can change her mind at any time and call it rape. This is the exact same policy the Department of Defense has with active duty military, and with ROTC or Academy cadets. This is the world we live in, and there is nothing that any university can do to change it. Young men just need to make better decisions.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator

Yeah, but...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
It is in the student code of conduct. If a girl says it is rape, it is rape. The lesson here is that guys really need to be careful which girls they sleep with, because a girl can change her mind at any time and call it rape. This is the exact same policy the Department of Defense has with active duty military, and with ROTC or Academy cadets. This is the world we live in, and there is nothing that any university can do to change it. Young men just need to make better decisions.
Yeah, BUT...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
"Rules" are one thing, and "No means NO", is one thing, but when a woman uses either to really mess with a young man's life, falsely, it demeans every man, woman, AND the SPIRIT of both of the above...
Meanwhile, what does it all say about a COACH who uses its "expediency of timing" to further HIS agenda?
And where was ANY care and/or protection for the young man accused--when they all DEFINITELY had his side, (and probably a certain amount of on-the-scene reporting) of what REALLY likely happened? Once the relief passes a bit, wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Harris starts to consider this...Another reason to get him on the field, let him put all this behind him and begin to build his future as a GATOR, however belatedly. I have little confidence or faith that this Head Coach does anything like "the right thing" now, though.
Here's a thought: SUSPEND THE COACH. Sit him down for a game or two. Let him WALK, if he chooses...and btw: Watch us win without him. It'd be like a huge load were lifted from this team.
What am I saying? It will BE "a huge load lifted from this team".
I am very seriously considering boycotting watching Gator games until he is gone. If students and alumni who normally attend games were to do this, more and more of whom are and/or will be joining the "Get RID of him!"-camp, his leaving would be accomplished all the sooner in this way.
How about it, folks? You have POWER. Who HASN'T "seen enough"? GOTTA be something better to do on a Saturday than watch our current Head Coach continue to dig a hole and BURY our program for years to come.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
(...and how mad and disgusted am I? I woke up at 5am Central on a Sunday morning after the game to check our site and say SOMETHING about all of this. I don't know that I even want to talk Gator football anymore for awhile, but here I am. Guess I am coming to the conclusion I WILL monitor and respond to specific comments here, especially in cases where I am specifically addressed of course, but I'm on-record now pretty clearly on how I feel, where I stand, and WHY I am no longer inclined for now to go on and on in the same vein--which is all I'm likely to do until this Head Coach is gone. This has been the most GodAWFUL display by those in charge, on and off the field, as I can recall in my decades as a Gator fan. For me, for the first time, thru' so many trials and tribulations, ups and downs, that it ISN'T so "great to be a Florida Gator". And that hurts, even more than losing.)

miltongator

Gator Fan
The boycott is on! Spread the word. Let's boycott all the sponsors of Gator Football. Hit them in the wallet.

Last edited:

Escambia94

Well, guys. I decided to throw logic and reason out the window. I am fed up with this Gator coaching staff. I do not want Muschamp, Roper, Durkin, Leak, or any of these guys coaching the Gators. There. I said it. I will stop trying to be logical and reasonable about this team.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema