• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Q & A with Gator football coach Urban Meyer

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Interesting article at gatorsports.com today:

http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20080523/NEWS/949814764/1090/gatorsfootball&title=Q___A_with_Gator_football_coach_Urban_Meyer

Looks as though Tim Tebow's influence has inspired Coach Meyer to take a "working vacation" this summer as well -

Q:"Word is Tebow has been trying to get you to go on a mission with him. Is that going to happen?"

A:"I'm going on one, but not with him. I'm going on one this summer to the Dominican Republic with my family. We're going to be feeding the poor. We're going with a church group out of Orlando and with a good friend of mine. I'm looking forward to it. We'll be gone for five days. I've already talked to Tim about it. As it gets closer, I'm going to sit down with him. That's the impact he's had on me. He's something."

GatorFanInVA

Gator Fan
Awesome. Good on ya, Tim for the positive influence... and Urban for the positive impact you and your family will have in D.R.!

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
My favorite part of the q&a was when Meyer stated that he didn't care what outside perception of the Gator program was.

That's how all Gator fans should feel. If your'e not a Gator, who cares what you think about the program.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
My favorite part of the q&a was when Meyer stated that he didn't care what outside perception of the Gator program was.

That's how all Gator fans should feel. If your'e not a Gator, who cares what you think about the program.

To paraphrase Steve Spurrier, "If they hate you, you must be doing something right".

Yeah, let rivals, other assorted Gator-haters and the peanut gallery of pundits knock Florida football all they want - when we come out on top and enjoy success WE get the last, and best, laugh. What Urban Meyer's doing is right; he's put all his heart into Gator football and has the right intentions for this program heading into the future. He's brave enough to admit that he may have let his guard down a bit in 2007 as he alluded to in his speech I heard at the recent Orlando Gator Gathering, but he's determined to make sure we have an improved team out there with a new attitude in 2008 and get back on track.

Lawrence Wright said it best: "If you ain't a Gator, you must be Gator bait!"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema