• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Preview of the 2015 Florida Gators

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Bz8g1hYCUAA8FNZ.jpg

The 2014 Florida Gators finished a disappointing 7-4* (4-4). Those losses occurred at the hands of the SEC West champ (21-42, #3 Alabama), the SEC East champs (13-42, #23 Missouri), a CFP final four team (19-24, #8 FSU), and two SEC bowl teams by a total of six points (27-30, #13 LSU and 20-23 (OT) South Carolina).

Coach Mac looks to regain the pride of the Florida Gators by reintroducing this mythical thing called "offense" under new OC Doug Nussmeier-- something that has been missing since Urban Meyer turned into a zombie and Dan Mullen left for cowbell country. Once again, the defense will likely be the hallmark of the Gators in 2015, assuming their numbers can withstand facing five ranked opponents in a row, and a sixth to close the season!

Key Losses:
  • DL Dante Fowler, (Round 1, Jacksonville Jaguars)
  • OT D.J. Humphries (Round 1, Arizona Cardinals)
  • OT Chaz Green (Round 3, Dallas Cowboys)
  • RB Matt Jones (Round 3, Washington Redskins)
  • C Max Garcia (Round 4, Denver Broncos)
  • LB Neiron Ball (Round 5, Oakland Raiders)
  • WR Andre Debose (Round 7, Oakland Raiders)
  • OG Trenton Brown (Round 7, San Francisco 49ers)
  • WR Quinton Dunbar (UDFA, Washington Redskins)
  • TE Clay Burton (UDFA, Buffalo Bills)
  • DT Darious Cummings (UDFA, Carolina Panthers)
  • DT Leon Orr (UDFA, Oakland Raiders)
Key Returning Starters:
  • CB Vernon Hargreaves
  • LB Antonio Morrison
  • WR Demarcus Robinson
  • DE Jonathan Bullard
  • RB Kelvin Taylor
  • CB Brian Poole
  • S Keanu Neal
  • WR Ahmad Fulwood.
Newcomers to Watch:
  • Head Coach Jim McElwain
  • OC Doug Nussmeier
  • OT Martez Ivey (Apopka, FL)
  • DE CeCe Jefferson (Glen Saint Mary, FL)
  • RB Jordan Scarlett (Fort Lauderdale, FL)
  • RB Jordan Cronkrite (Miami, FL)
  • WR Antonio Callaway (Miami, FL)
  • C T.J. McCoy (NC State transfer, eligible this fall)
  • LT Mason Halter (grad-transfer from Fordham, two-time FCS All-American).
Predictions:

2015 Schedule:
  • Sept. 5 New Mexico State – W
    • Florida is favored by 38 and is 7-5 ATS. O/U is currently at 57.5. Florida should easily cover the spread. Prediction: Florida Gators 63, New Mexico State Aggies 3.
  • Sept. 12 East Carolina – W
    • The Pirates have a chance to get revenge from nine months ago. Neither of these teams is the same as the last time they met, but the results will be similar. I predict a 36-10 victory for the Gators.
  • Sept. 19 at Kentucky – W
    • Kentucky will probably bust out some new, sexy uniforms, as if they were dressing up for a funeral. I predict a massacre, 42-14 Gators. Coach Mac’s offense will pick up before the real SEC showdown next week.
  • Sept. 26 #25 Tennessee – L
    • Tennessee is the favorite here by 2.5 in the Swamp. The Gators will need to stay healthy on the offensive line in order to keep the TBD starting QB upright, and hope that a couple Gator receivers and tight ends can step up to mount some offense against the rising Vols. This will be the first gut check for Coach Mac. I predict a 27-30 loss to the Vols.
  • Oct. 3 #17 Ole Miss – L
    • The Rebels are favored by 6 at home. I predict a spanking, 14-32, Ole Miss.
  • Oct. 10 at #24 Missouri – L
    • The Gators have not figured out how to beat any team nicknamed the Tigers ever since Urban Meyer left. If Coach Mac does not figure out how to keep this game close, I will probably light my house on fire. Missouri is favored by 10. Prediction: 21-27, Missouri.
  • Oct. 17 at #14 LSU – L
    • See above. LSU is favored by two touchdowns. Gators lose, 9-10.
  • Oct. 24 off BYE
  • Oct. 31 #9 Georgia * – L
    • It was nice for the Gators to beat the Bulldogs last year, but it will not happen again this year. UGA is favored by 12, but they will not cover the spread. 33-42, Bulldogs.
  • Nov. 5 Vanderbilt – W
    • Now that Muschamp is gone, perhaps we can get back to slaughtering Vanderbilt. I call this one 45-10, Gators.
  • Nov. 14 at South Carolina – W
    • I think Coach Mac will start to pull away from the legend of Steve Spurrier by beating him more often than not, starting this year with a 32-13 win at Williams-Bryce Stadium. The Gamecocks are favored by 2.5 at home, but this team is not built as well as previous teams. If Coach Mac cannot beat USC this year, then do not expect the Gators to go bowling.
  • Nov. 21 Florida Atlantic – W
    • With the Gators sitting at 6-5, this 52-14 blowout will be a good warmup for FSU next week.
  • Nov. 28 #10 Florida State – L
    • FSU has gained too much steam under Will Muschamp’s butt buddy, Jimbo Fisher. The Gators should barely be bowl eligible after losing this one. FSU is favored by 4, but I expect this betting line to move as we get closer to game time.
My prediction, 6-6, with all six losses coming against ranked teams. Wins against Tennessee, LSU and Missouri are possible, but I cannot foresee an SEC East crown due to the strength of Georgia.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Who knows that would have happened if Grier wasn't busted, Oh well.

Will Grier was about to prove us all wrong and guide the team to at least a 12-2 season, maybe 13-1. Earlier in the season I used to post the stats on this site for all three of us active members to look at (four, if you count NewsBot). The Gators climbed to the 12th-ranked offense in the country under Will Grier before Treon Harris pulled us down to the 105th-ranked offense in the country.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema