• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Pouncey

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
If he keeps playing like this his draft stock will take a big hit. I did a little long snapping in high school and i am no where near the athlete he is, but i do know it was not that difficult. What bothers me is he wanted to come back and get more versatile to make his draft stock rise so i would think he was learning how to snap a football over the break and maybe getting some helpful advice from his brother. I'm not comparing high school football to college but the mechanics are not that different. He may truly not be able to snap a ball. Mistakes happen but i think it was espn who counted over 13 questionable snaps. That aint no mistake.

InkedAdrenaline

VIP Member
after that game if it were up to me he would b right back where he was last year and Roby would b in as center PERIOD. no second chances after that game. we have 2 games to prepare for bama and if we still look like that its gonna b 72 to nothing.

TenGator1

Gator Fan
Just gotta trust in Pouncey to get the snapping issue in check. Hard to throw a patch work O-line in there and expect them to just dominate. Several guys at new postions and it didn't help that Johnson was held out. Give credit to Miami (OH) for playing their asses off. Put it behind us and let's see how the team prepares and preforms against USF. It probably can't get much worse on offense. We need to work on the pass rush as well, a few bright spots there but nothing to write home about. Get these missing starters back and go form there. Blocking as a whole on Offense was very frustrating to watch, we just were not prepared to play the opening game. In all kinds of weather.......hang in there Gator fans!

GO GATORS!!!!

O-line was suposed to be a strength for us tho alot of experience i mean pouncey's a sr. i dont know what the hell that was but i hope the line gets rock solid by next week

tngator15

Gator Fan
Just gotta trust in Pouncey to get the snapping issue in check. Hard to throw a patch work O-line in there and expect them to just dominate. Several guys at new postions and it didn't help that Johnson was held out. Give credit to Miami (OH) for playing their asses off. Put it behind us and let's see how the team prepares and preforms against USF. It probably can't get much worse on offense. We need to work on the pass rush as well, a few bright spots there but nothing to write home about. Get these missing starters back and go form there. Blocking as a whole on Offense was very frustrating to watch, we just were not prepared to play the opening game. In all kinds of weather.......hang in there Gator fans!

GO GATORS!!!!

Through all kinds of weather, we'll ALL stick together for F-L-O-R-I-D-A!!!!!!

JvilleJohnny

I think Pouncey needs to forget everything he thought he knew about being a center. He was rising waaay too soon on those snaps. He's still stuck on being a guard and blocking before he has the ball in JB's hands. I think he is coachable enough to correct. But if it isn't getting any better in practice this week, throw Robey in and move pouncey to right guard again. But as bad as the offense looked yesterday it wasn't all Mike's fault. the offense had a case of the dropsies. And I trust in Meyer to have that corrected TODAY. haha

Vcize

Gator Fan
I don't know why they didn't make the switch during the game. We've seen tens of thousands of centers come through college football and never has one struggled like that, even at the smallest D2 schools.

Keep in mind this was in a heavily favored game against a patsy. Does anyone really feel comfortable with him snapping the ball on a crucial 4th down play on the road against Alabama, or something like that?

It's time to make the switch. This kind of thing gets into your head and never goes away, like Chuck Knoblauch syndrome.

JvilleJohnny

I don't know why they didn't make the switch during the game. We've seen tens of thousands of centers come through college football and never has one struggled like that, even at the smallest D2 schools.

Keep in mind this was in a heavily favored game against a patsy. Does anyone really feel comfortable with him snapping the ball on a crucial 4th down play on the road against Alabama, or something like that?

It's time to make the switch. This kind of thing gets into your head and never goes away, like Chuck Knoblauch syndrome.

I trust Pouncey to correct it as well as Addazio to help him. Stuff like this happens all the time, maybe not to the tune of 16 bad snaps. But hey, It humbled the kid as well as all of us. I think he'll be just fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema