• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Postgame--Week 5: "Remember Us?(Lol)"

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OK--We DEFINITELY don't wanna get ahead of ourselves: We 're still very young, we're still pretty thin, we 're still learnin' and growin'. We'll probably, in fact almost certainly WILL have an off game here and there, make big mistakes, lose our heads, and all the stuff that happens when you ARE young and thin and suddenly being told how GOOD you are again...BUT:
This Head Coach and his staff have had a plan, a way of doing things, realistic goals and both the patience and subtle skills necessary to pull off exactly what we're seeing here.
This TEAM (and that was and is Step One, building a sense of "us" where it had been mainly "me me me" for years) really IS growing together and (as Mac himself noted post game) growing up, game by game, right before our eyes.
Like I said, no need to get carried away. We're not going undefeated. But we get after each team we play. We GO for the win. And we are generally "trending upward", clearly.
We can't absorb clusters of key injuries like some teams out there have done thus far--so we have to stay generally healthier than has tended to be the case last few seasons--but whether luck or training regimen, things have been better there to this point.
It's like that line from deadpan comedian Steven Wright:
"I plan to live forever. So far, so good".
And if you get that joke, you know how we have to approach, and appreciate what's happening, what we're seeing with this team--for now, and for the future.
So far, so good.
SO good.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I do not have enough liquor in my cabinet to do anything but enjoy this game. We travel into two tiger dens: The Zoo, and Death Valley. Soak up this win for now, because the Tigers are tough to beat at home.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Of the two, our best chance is going on the road to Mizzou next Sat., but it has a lot of "trap" in that one. I trust our coaches to TRY and protect against the "self- inflicted" mistakes we were logging in fearsome numbers until, oh, starting round the mid-4th qrtr against the Vols--but how long before confidence and elation bring them back? And we CAN'T withstand the kind of attack-officiating we faced in the Swamp this past Sat. for long, either, obviously. Brutal schedule ahead, too. So "one game at a time" is the only way for US to stay sane, let alone the players to maintain THEIR edge. We will see.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema