• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Postgame: Week 10 (Still holding my nose)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Put this up mainly for us all to vent a bit. Game that both PROVES that there IS such a thing as a "bad win", on the one hand--but that winning still "cures a lot of ills" after all. No matter what, at this point in the season there is no kind of loss that is "OK". But that doesn't change the fact that this Gator victory left me more frustrated, unsure of our future and real worth than our one LOSS just 3 weeks ago! Clearly Coach & Co. still have a LOT of work to do--to somehow "plug holes on BOTH lines" (ironically enough it looks like the O may get the help it needs with return of 2 players, while D will be missing a valuable piece for at least a half with #15's unfair targeting foul-call--can anyone tell me what good replay is, way it has been ignored in almost every case of blatantly obvious evidence refuting the call-on-the-field last few weeks?).
Well, at least they shouldn't have any trouble getting and holding their young team's attention and credulity...But then there remains the biggest question of all: How "good" or "bad" IS Treon Harris--and is he getting better, or WORSE? Is he even capable of getting much "better" than the best we've seen from him so far? Even more important, can he establish any kind of consistency of performance?
Coach Mac appears to give it to us straight, but what CAN he do now but try to be supportive, upbeat? One thing is clear: without a reliable O-line, a steady running game is iffy at BEST--leaving Treon's arm AND legs all the more important. For eg., in an interview on SAT-radio earlier this week Mac granted that when he drops back, by design now Treon's LEGS were "often choice #3 in his check-down" (!). Can Coaches Mac and Nussmeyer bring him along AND design and adapt an offensive scheme effective enough that young Harris can at least somewhat thrive, lead this team? What we saw today will NOT carry us much further.
Well, then again, we coulda been beat by a bolt-from-the-blue after seemingly having "done enough to win" at the very end, like so many others now on a weekly basis--Ol' Miss being the latest.
Yeah, bad as it looked, frustratingly painful and ugly as it was to watch, given all that we'll STILL take our "crap performance in a shaky win" over the alternative, RIGHT? No-brainer that one, at least.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
muschampuga-650x342-copy.jpg

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Luckily I had to work for most of the game otherwise I would either have a heart attack or broke a few things.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema