• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Percy's Positive Result Is Confirmed

I can think of worse things too... you are missing the point. It isn't that he failed a drug test, I smoked pot at one time. But if you think he deserves millions after failing a drug test that he KNEW WAS COMING then no, I would never consider you intelligent. Failing a drug test is a stupid mistake, failing a drug test that you know is coming is WAY beyond a stupid mistake. Now, until some evidence is provided and it is truely confimed, I will give him a break. I wouldn't even care if he failed a drug test if it were a surprise test... my problem is that I just don't think anyone who fails a drug test they know is coming and what day it will be on should ever make millions of dollars.

First of all, I don't think that anyone playing a sport for a living should be earning millions of dollars. Our athletes' crazy-big salaries increase year after year while our poverty rate as a nation continues to climb. So no, I do not believe that he deserves to make millions of dollars after failing a drug test. Even if he knew it was coming, failing it may not have necessarily been much of a stupid mistake as it was a stupid choice to make when you have so much to lose. The percentage of players in professional, collegiate AND high school sports who drink/smoke pot is very, very high. All their life they have had their superiors look the other way while they could party. Because of that, athletes(especially those who are going to be making big money) know that at most they might receive a slap on the wrist, but still be able to play. It isn't just Percy doing this, believe me. Bottom line is that weed, while still illegal, just isn't considered much of an infraction. I can tell that we aren't going to agree on the subject so I will leave it at that.

shandsgator8

VIP Member
I agree what he did was stupid and a bonehead move. But that doesn't mean she doesn't deserve a chance. He messed up. People mess up every day. He probably hurt his draft stock - what little he had - but someoen out there will surely give him a chance. He just has to admit what he did was wrong and move forward.

Well said. If the rumors are true, Harvin will pay the price, and rightfully so. I just don't think he should be banned from the NFL for this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema