• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Percy Harvin Failed Drug Test

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
I know this news broke about a week ago, but I wanted to get more information before I posted it here. I also wanted to see if the Percy Harvin camp would come out and confirm or deny the report... they never did. It was reported a week ago that Percy Harvin, among several other players, failed a drug test at the NFL Combine. He reportedly tested positive for marijuana. Late last night, <a href="http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/14/harvins-positive-result-is-confirmed/">ProFootballTalk</a> confirmed the reports saying Percy Harvin "indeed tested positive for marijuana at the Combine."

This shouldn't come as a total shock to anyone. I've heard on the radio that as many as 50% of NFL players spoke weed... even superstars like Randy Moss openly admit to it. It's just that most players in the NFL aren't stupid enough to fail a drug test for it. That's where this story hurts Percy. He knew he would be tested for drugs at the combine, but still used them anyway. The sheer stupidity of that act will cost him millions of dollars.

Percy went from possibly being a top 10 pick, to now a possible second round pick. That's a potential loss of over $10-15 million dollars in guaranteed money. Hell, even the Dallas Cowboys have taken Percy off their board because of character issues. With a little over a week remaining till the draft, Percy still has some time to repair his image. Let's see what he does.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema