• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Percy better RB than WR?

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
Is it just me, or does Percy seem to be a better fit at RB rather than WR. I mean he doesn't have so great of hands at the WR spot, but at RB it seems so freaking natural to him. Now he will keep being a WR and running the ball at the same time but I'm not so sure he isn't a better fit at RB. Nothing wrong with this either, he is as close to Reggie Bush I've seen. Him of course, being more of a WR and Reggie more of a RB.

Thoughts?:D

GatorsDiva21

Hayley Loves her gators
I think he runs the ball alot better than ctaching, but in my opinion I think he can do both positions good...but as of late, maybe putting him at the RB wouldn't a bad idea, certainly be fun to watch him there during the bowl game.

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
I think he runs the ball alot better than ctaching, but in my opinion I think he can do both positions good...but as of late, maybe putting him at the RB wouldn't a bad idea, certainly be fun to watch him there during the bowl game.

I agree he can do both good. But I just think RB comes more natural to him and seems like a better fit, to me at least. But in all honesty, he will stay a WR. And I hope he does. Because when he becomes (and I bet he will) as good a WR as RB: Look out, cause it's Percy, not Tebow, for Heisman. Just my $0.02.:) :D

GatorsDiva21

Hayley Loves her gators
Well it sure wouldn't surprise me, I mean he is that good I love watching him...speed, agility, endorance, he's got it to be a surely runner for the heisman ;)

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
It would be cool if they put him back there for some returns, too. Whether they are punt or kick returns I don't know. Probably kick returns. But I have figured out K-Moore is back there to block for James, not to return, so who knows. But I do know Percy could break a few. And I wish we would stop getting penalties on James returns for Touchdowns, cause all he needs is one block and thats it, don't grab a guy or block in the back, it ISN'T NEEDED. When will they learn that?? Calling Meyer: Maybe he can fix that.:D

djg8tr22

VIP Member
He isnt bulky enough to consantly run the ball up the middle like a true RB. I dont care what you call him hes like a H-Back (Or what we call an H-Back in our system I play in) but whatever you call him keep him there. Make teams wonder if hes going in to run or to play a WR or whatever if you label him a RB then he becomes too 1 dimensional. and what about his hands? He has some of the best hands on the team.

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
He isnt bulky enough to consantly run the ball up the middle like a true RB. I dont care what you call him hes like a H-Back (Or what we call an H-Back in our system I play in) but whatever you call him keep him there. Make teams wonder if hes going in to run or to play a WR or whatever if you label him a RB then he becomes too 1 dimensional. and what about his hands? He has some of the best hands on the team.

Still not great hands. That's a fact.

Just get the ball in his hands. So I guess both is correct. :D

I do not know if he would be effective being a traditional back, but our veer plays and getting him around the ends on carries works. There is no reason to throw deep to him - that was Caldwell and Murphy's job. I would love to see some more deep balls though to see what he could do.

Just get the ball in his hands!

preachinGator

VIP Member
just a thot:
Percy Harvin stats:

rushing - Percy Harvin 70 599 8.6 5

receiving - Percy Harvin 50 781 15.6 3

Looks like pretty good hands to me!:bananajump:

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
Not saying he can't catch the ball. Just saying he seems a better runner than he is receiver. But who knows. Maybe I'm wrong.:D ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema