• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

One tough call

News Bot

News Bot
Everything seems to be pointing toward a Florida loss on Saturday. The Gators are banged up, especially on the defensive line, the offense is coming off a putrid performance against FAU, the line can’t protect, Treon Harris is stone cold and Dalvin Cook is running red hot. It’s such a positive Seminole slant that it makes me think going with the Gators might be the way to go on this pick.

But, I just can’t do it.

Florida’s defense will make Cook earn his yards keep the Gators in the game, but I just don’t see how this inept offense is going to score enough points to win the game. I have a hard time seeing the offense scoring any more than 10 points, and that’s simply not enough.

The Seminoles, I’m sure, will take the same defensive approach to the Gators that Vanderbilt and FAU did. They’ll run blitz a whole bunch and come after Harris on obvious passing downs. And the offensive line will not be able to hold up against the steady pressure. I see a lot of negative plays for Harris and the offense.

FSU has struggled some on offense, too, especially on the road, where the Seminoles are averaging only 15 points a game. But if they can match that average Saturday night, it might be enough to give FSU its third consecutive win in The Swamp.

As for Cook, I see him eventually breaking off some long runs against a Florida defense that will eventually wear down because it’s on the field so long due to the UF offense’s inability to sustain drives.

Part of me says to pick Florida. But to stay perfect in the picks (I’m 11-0), I’ve got to go with the Seminoles on this one.

Prediction: Florida State 21, Florida 6 (a TD and a blocked extra point).

Source: GatorSports.com - Robbie's Playbook

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Honestly, I don't think it's a tough call. It doesn't look good for the Gators, Unless they can surprise like they did against Ole Miss. Hey there's a chance. Like I said earlier, the game is going to be 2011 bad.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Honestly, I don't think it's a tough call. It doesn't look good for the Gators, Unless they can surprise like they did against Ole Miss. Hey there's a chance. Like I said earlier, the game is going to be 2011 bad.

This team in week 13 bears little resemblance to the team we saw in week 5. FSU also has the advantage of a weak schedule with few injuries.

Florida can win this game, but I would not put any money down on a Gator win. Unless Treon Harris and the offensive line work some magic, I expect this team to lose its last 3 games.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
This team in week 13 bears little resemblance to the team we saw in week 5. FSU also has the advantage of a weak schedule with few injuries.

Florida can win this game, but I would not put any money down on a Gator win. Unless Treon Harris and the offensive line work some magic, I expect this team to lose its last 3 games.
Same here, unfortunately. I mean, all we've still got from wk 5 is our Coach and MOST of the defensive secondary...
Doubt that'll be enough, for all yr stated reasons and more. And this one is probably the "easiest" of what's left. Not good.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
(...and consider this: As things stand, this is basically how our "starting squads" look entering next season. Ouch.)

miltongator

Gator Fan
Food for thought from David Parker:
But one thing is always certain about this game, thin or flush: Florida State does, has always and will always unequivocally and without reservation, suck.

And they not only have personnel issues, but they have a number of distractions coming into this game. Chief among them is the cyclonic rumors that Less Miles will be fired after the weekend and Jimbo Fisher will be tapped as the new head coach of the Bengals. Don’t know how this might affect the players, but it sure has Semi fans in a tizzy. They look at Jimbo Fisher like their trophy wife. What they don’t realize is that it’s just a participation trophy. But a participation trophy wife is the iron ceiling for the folks in Tallahassee. Remember, FSU fans are the reason that eHarmony developed 29 Dimensions of Compatibility with livestock.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Food for thought from David Parker:
But one thing is always certain about this game, thin or flush: Florida State does, has always and will always unequivocally and without reservation, suck.

And they not only have personnel issues, but they have a number of distractions coming into this game. Chief among them is the cyclonic rumors that Less Miles will be fired after the weekend and Jimbo Fisher will be tapped as the new head coach of the Bengals. Don’t know how this might affect the players, but it sure has Semi fans in a tizzy. They look at Jimbo Fisher like their trophy wife. What they don’t realize is that it’s just a participation trophy. But a participation trophy wife is the iron ceiling for the folks in Tallahassee. Remember, FSU fans are the reason that eHarmony developed 29 Dimensions of Compatibility with livestock.

All joking aside, FSU really does have good athletes that do not act as a team. Florida has lesser athletes in many areas that do act as a unit and as a team. This offensive line even when healthy is not very large or athletic, but it has helped the team to a 10-1 record against some nasty defensive lines: Ole Miss, Tennessee, Missouri, and surprisingly, Vanderbilt. Not to mention that the offensive line was playing with second and third stringers as starters against FAU. On the defensive line, we really need Bullard, Cox, and Jefferson in order to dominate a team like Alabama, but against FSU we really just need Bullard and some kindergarten walk-ons, but Bullard is injured.

Yes, FSU sucks, but they deserve to be favored over Florida today due to the Gators' inability to adjust the offense to Treon Harris' limited skills, and the offensive line's inability to overcome injuries.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
(...and consider this: As things stand, this is basically how our "starting squads" look entering next season. Ouch.)

Well I know Luke Del Rio will play next season. Who knows maybe he'll take Treon's job from him. Unless there's some hotshot recruit that does well in training camp or Cardale Jones comes to Florida after he graduates clown college.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well I know Luke Del Rio will play next season. Who knows maybe he'll take Treon's job from him. Unless there's some hotshot recruit that does well in training camp or Cardale Jones comes to Florida after he graduates clown college.
That's my, ALL of ours hope.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema