• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

OGT 2023 Week 5: #22 Florida (3-1) 14 at Kentucky 33 (9/30/2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Note:
I am not even watching the game anymore--I cut and ran after the Davis run for TD put them up 17-0...I knew it would only get WORSE from there.
Whole TEAM has somehow reverted to everything we were promised this Coach and staff would FIX.
I'm sorry, but a "lay-down" THIS thorough, by players we KNOW have uniformly performed FAR better on a regular basis up til now, HAS to be placed at the feet of the COACH--and THIS time he damn well needs to OWN it!
I'm sorry--but drastic soul-searching and resulting measures NEED TO BE TAKEN.
ACTIONS, NOT WORDS.
That first quarter (and presumably the whole first half--though I wasn't THERE) felt like the equivalent of one long extended "shoe-throw incident"!!!
We are back to asking, "What next?!!"--then immediately being sorry we did.
I'm not following THIS game anymore...and am now TRYING to find some way of not CARING so much how the rest of this season goes.
Personally, I must pullback:
I'm NOT for firing our Coach yet--the consequences of doing THAT would amount to ensuring perhaps another TEN YEARS OR MORE "in the wilderness" before we finally found and landed "the right guy", and then HE once more began the process Billy seemingly HAS going here now...(HAD going? How will our floundering inconsistency ultimately affect recruiting and the ongoing "team-building" process after all?)
I sure as HELL don't care to listen to how the media condemns us and deifies Stoops and the UK program from here.
So that'll have to be IT for me and the whole college football scene for some time, it seems.
This was a real kick in the head.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I guess we suck again. This is as bad as I have seen the Gators in a long time versus an SEC opponent.

StatUFUK
1st Downs714
3rd down efficiency3-81-4
4th down efficiency0-00-0
Total Yards154259
Passing10836
Comp-Att10-154-12
Yards per pass7.23.0
Interceptions thrown10
Rushing46223
Rushing Attempts1718
Yards per rush2.712.4
Penalties5-522-20
Turnovers10
Fumbles lost00
Interceptions thrown10
Possession17:0112:59

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
You just cannot self-destruct (least of all from the COIN FLIP) in a "pivotal game" and not pay a price in how well your "message" resonates.
Perhaps the ONLY possible "redeeming feature" here, ironically enough, is that it was SO pervasive, across-the-BOARD in affecting virtually everyone in every AREA of our TEAM that there shouldn't be any finger-pointing:
EVERYONE screwed up at some point...PERFECT time for Billy to shoulder the responsibility, take the blame that (THIS time) he so richly DESERVES!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I guess we suck again. This is as bad as I have seen the Gators in a long time versus an SEC opponent.

StatUFUK
1st Downs714
3rd down efficiency3-81-4
4th down efficiency0-00-0
Total Yards154259
Passing10836
Comp-Att10-154-12
Yards per pass7.23.0
Interceptions thrown10
Rushing46223
Rushing Attempts1718
Yards per rush2.712.4
Penalties5-522-20
Turnovers10
Fumbles lost00
Interceptions thrown10
Possession17:0112:59
Yes. That's the real source of the "shock and disappointment": This really IS as bad as we have looked in quite a while.
There is something still WRONG, something somehow missing at the CENTER of this team and program's "heart", I'm afraid.
Losing is one thing...Losing in the thoroughly incompetent way an up-til-now seemingly "growing team" did here today is something else. Something I can't quite fathom.
I thought we might LOSE today--but I didn't expect this complete collapse and surrender.
WTF??!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
What to DO?
Not that anyone is going to actually DO anything, sorry to say. Billy will talk, media will question, and fans will RANT.
I guess the circumspect among us (for example here at GE) will hurt, but reserve judgement...Not much TO be done but wait, ignore 99% of the bs and HOPE that recruiting holds, changes are made, and progress is somehow made after ALL.
Even if THAT is looking less promising than EVER right now.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I WOULD truly like to hear Billy take proper and full responsibility for today's "complete collapse"--with no frills or coach-speak.
Does he even REALIZE how appropriate and appreciated that would be now?
(Unfortunately, I personally doubt it.)

Escambia94

Gators show signs of life, I guess.
StatUFUK
1st Downs1119
3rd down efficiency3-91-6
4th down efficiency1-10-0
Total Yards237341
Passing16869
Comp-Att14-197-17
Yards per pass8.84.1
Interceptions thrown10
Rushing69272
Rushing Attempts2225
Yards per rush3.110.9
Penalties6-563-25
Turnovers10
Fumbles lost00
Interceptions thrown10
Possession21:1619:33

Escambia94

I WOULD truly like to hear Billy take proper and full responsibility for today's "complete collapse"--with no frills or coach-speak.
Does he even REALIZE how appropriate and appreciated that would be now?
(Unfortunately, I personally doubt it.)
I do not want to hear a damn word out of Napier’s mouth unless it starts with “I am sorry for being so stubborn with my shitty coaching. I realize after getting my ass kicked in by a better coach that everything needs to change and that change starts now.”

Escambia94

We are the boys…
IMG_0579.png

Escambia94

End of the 3rd
StatUFUK
1st Downs1119
3rd down efficiency3-101-7
4th down efficiency1-10-0
Total Yards247347
Passing17871
Comp-Att15-208-19
Yards per pass8.93.7
Interceptions thrown10
Rushing69276
Rushing Attempts2426
Yards per rush2.910.6
Penalties7-613-25
Turnovers10
Fumbles lost00
Interceptions thrown10
Possession23:5621:04

Escambia94

How much would it cost to bring in Dan Mullen as offensive coordinator? It would probably be the first time in history that a former head coach was brought in as an assistant, but it might take that kind of out-of-the-box thinking to fix the program. I know. Crazy idea.

Escambia94

Graham Mertz pass complete to Trevor Etienne for a loss of 7 yards to the FLA 42

Escambia94

Down go the Gators in embarrassing fashion. The Gators lose three in a row to Kentucky for the first time since Bear Bryant coached the Wildcats 70 years ago.
StatUFUK
1st Downs1522
3rd down efficiency4-131-9
4th down efficiency1-30-0
Total Yards313398
Passing24469
Comp-Att25-309-20
Yards per pass8.13.5
Interceptions thrown10
Rushing69329
Rushing Attempts2936
Yards per rush2.49.1