• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Thread, Week 13: #11 Florida Gators vs FSU Seminoles - Nov 24, 2018

Leakfan12

VIP Member
The noles attempt at rap (which cause them the title in 1988).

and yet Deion didn't quit rapping because he gave another shot a few years later.

Also James Bates' music video about the Noles

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)

and yet Deion didn't quit rapping because he gave another shot a few years later.

The difference here is that the Seminoles seriously thought this was a good video. Bates was just being Bates by being silly.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator

GEEZ...Brings back (bad) memories! I had actually more or less (willfully) FORGOTTEN about these various examples of little talent and woeful arrogance on their part from some of their "leading lights" from what were for them no doubt "better days"--but now that I am confronted with it all once more, this IS exactly the sort of thing that has us all on edge with that irritated, "they got a lotta nerve"/"not THIS BS again" feeling now: it was bad enough when they did have some real talent on the field..."We gotta face, and worse, find ourselves actually worrying about our response to such hollow chest-thumping NOW?"
All the more reason administering a real Gator Beat Down at their place would so satisfyingly serve us so well today. But it's been so long since last we managed it, we are simply not sure this current Gator team yet has it IN them to get it ✔: The talent, the Coaching, yes, I think they DO: But are they EMOTIONALLY ready to properly prepare, then determinedly follow through?
I know I've had MORE than my say on all of this in the days leading UP to this one: You all know my concerns, how and why it weighs so heavy on us now, right or wrong. It's time I shut up and wait, see how we respond and judge the results with all of YOU.
SO: I WILL BE HERE, AND WE WILL SEE.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
(Still almost 2 hours to kick off. Glad as hell I'm not a nail-biter--would be gnawing on knuckles before then.)
Meanwhile, College Gameday etc no solace: Here's U Liar given ANOTHER national pulpit to make excuses, set up his latest bail out story, distract everyone from all the weirdness HE HIMSELF has wrought--and generally TRY and garner sympathy for himself alone. Not exactly the kind of "distraction" a Gator can use to pass these last tense coupla hours now...
Screw it: Gonna try skipping around among whatever movies I can find on my weird wide world of global streaming access now...OOOOOPS! But then I catch a flash of THIS on my way by:
Dan Mullen, on camera in a tunnel outside the visitors' locker room at Doak, giving each of his players the Hug'n'Bro-shake as they arrive and enter the locker room, a REAL INTENSE look on his face as he looks each straight and deep in the eye... Not sure this is live (more likely maybe an hour ago, I'm guessing), but there is no commentary, just the ambient sound there in the hallway as this all plays out, which is just right somehow.
GO GATORS!!!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
(I just want to see us GREAT again--and by "great", I mean in simple, non-relative terms: The unequivocal certainty that we are good, bring our best game each week--and DON'T BEAT OURSELVES! Been so long since all that has been the case.)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Early 1st, Noles take ball 1st, teams trade punts, Seminoles now starting DEEP in own end.
I have not been this tight, so tense and insides balled up fir a game in YEARS--not sure exactly why.
Will just have to sit back and wait, see what happens here.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
This has begun to turn against us.
I am so wound up, and now this: Not sure I can even watch this for much longer right now: Either we get this back NOW, or I might have to just go putter around elsewhere for awhile.
At least FSU keeps screwing it up here...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
GEEZ. We came close to folding to the pressure of their "pace"-offense.
Now they've flipped the field on us 'cause the running game isn't there for us.
Unless that changes, Franks will have to win this with his arm--and we ALL know that puts US in the "underdog" role.
Consider putting Jones in for a series now-- if you have a package for him already? It MIGHT work once: Let him throw it long
Damn! That wasn't Franks' fault: CLEVELAND dropped well-thrown lomg ball, damnit!
Thing is, FSU getting more confident right now; but they are still fragike, brittle I think...if only we can give them ONE SHARP HIT for quick points, we can get control of this even now.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Shame bout Cleveland--replay shows defender made good play, got arm in there to break up pass...
FRANKS AND JEFFERSON HOOK UP LONG! They are looking at it...but meanwhile, now Jefferson is hurt on the play.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
This re p ay is huge. Franks is looking MUCH better throwing it long today.
Jefferson up--and it stands!
Now we have field position back.
Take it IN, boys.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Think we have to throw it in from here today...Are they gonna do that here, or take the 3 this time? 4th down...GOTTA take the 3 this time.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, we should be ahead more--mainly outplayed them in first qtr. But take it--and now build on it. Waiting for D to make a big play.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Either D or special teams will have to break this thing our way. Our running game is just not getting it done so far--and though Fillipe is looking sharp so far, I do NOT like it ALL riding on our passing game. We NEED a break from elsewhere.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
YES! THERE IT IS! Perrine 74 yard run!
Could THIS break them? They will have to give us more room now on offense--and IF they try to gamble to much too soon when THEY have ball now, then the D WILL get a chance to break them, break this open.
Best thing that coulda happened there.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema