• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Thread 2023 Week 13: #4 FSU Seminoles at Florida Gators 11/25/2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Shane Matthews: “If they get a 1st down this game is over”

FSU: scores a touchdown

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Too much of the same old "Same Old"!
I just do not wanna HEAR about how "CLOSE we came".
I am sick, sick, SICK of it!!!
Another late Saturday headache.
Guys, if I stick around after this (as in, come back after a long break), it will be for tge sake if you all. But I am so disgusted at us losing this way AGAIN...I need to rethink a lot of my longtime attachments and loyalties here.
There is a pattern here that I truly HATE:
If this is now our "personality", COUNT ME OUT until it is CHANGED--Changed COMPLETELY!
And THAT can only happen one way.

Escambia94

But we SHOULD have won ALL THREE!
THAT is why I am ready to say it:
Where "good teams WIN those kind of games", "Good COACHES DEFINITELY DO!"
Agreed. This is a bad team. It cannot be good for another 2-3 years. The myth of the transfer portal is that, a myth. There are ZERO teams with > 20 transfer portal players in the top 10. Florida needs 2-3 recruiting classes and some coaching upgrades to have a chance.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Agreed. This is a bad team. It cannot be good for another 2-3 years. The myth of the transfer portal is that, a myth. There are ZERO teams with > 20 transfer portal players in the top 10. Florida needs 2-3 recruiting classes and some coaching upgrades to have a chance.
Yes. But I am beginning to become convinced that sadly, the HEAD Coach is ONE of them!

Escambia94

Too much of the same old "Same Old"!
I just do not wanna HEAR about how "CLOSE we came".
I am sick, sick, SICK of it!!!
Another late Saturday headache.
Guys, if I stick around after this (as in, come back after a long break), it will be for tge sake if you all. But I am so disgusted at us losing this way AGAIN...I need to rethink a lot of my longtime attachments and loyalties here.
There is a pattern here that I truly HATE:
If this is now our "personality", COUNT ME OUT until it is CHANGED--Changed COMPLETELY!
And THAT can only happen one way.
Be ready to repeat this next year. The Gators were 3 recruiting classes in the hole last year and this year. If Napier can keep this class in the top 5, he still needs 2 more classes.

Escambia94

GAME OVER. Interception. To make matters worse, that was intended for Pearsall, and he falls short of the 1,000-yard mark.

Escambia94

Get used to it, Gator Nation… William Hall Napier will be your coach until 2025.
William Hall Napier can shit on the field for 60 minutes after eating Taco Bell and laxatives for 12 straight games in 2024, and he will still be coach in 2025.

Escambia94

Normally I would lock this thread and create a reaction thread, but instead I will leave this open and let everyone vent. This post sponsored by Dulcolax, the official laxative of the Florida Gators.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Oh, he'll get a season or two more to do some recruiting--but after that it is gonna be OVER...And maybe, just MAYBE, the NEXT guy will be able to DO something with them.
As to who that will be, well, WE HERE have OUR "front runner" but WHO KNOWS?
Things change over time:
Perhaps THERE is the argument for maybe grabbing him SOONER than otherwise...
Not yet--I see the larger picture.
But maybe in a season, two at the OUTSIDE, we DO "pull that trigger"--get a "Gator with FUN'N'GUN credentials" in here?

Escambia94

Trey Smack’s missed field goals, the two ejections, and general boneheadness of William Hall Napier all contributed to this loss.

FSUFLA
Points2415
1st Downs1612
3rd down efficiency4-137-16
4th down efficiency1-10-1
Total Yards224232
Passing13486
Comp-Att12-269-16
Yards per pass5.25.4
Interceptions thrown01
Rushing90146
Rushing Attempts3144
Yards per rush2.93.3
Penalties5-228-90
Turnovers01
Fumbles lost00
Interceptions thrown01
Possession23:3534:52

Escambia94

Oh, he'll get a season or two more to do some recruiting--but after that it is gonna be OVER...And maybe, just MAYBE, the NEXT guy will be able to DO something with them.
As to who that will be, well, WE HERE have OUR "front runner" but WHO KNOWS?
Things change over time:
Perhaps THERE is the argument for maybe grabbing him SOONER than otherwise...
Not yet--I see the larger picture.
But maybe in a season, two at the OUTSIDE, we DO "pull that trigger"--get a "Gator with FUN'N'GUN credentials" in here?
Just remember that unlike previous coaches, Napier’s employment is based on an expensive buyout. It is not just the $19M to $35M buyout, but also the $60M to $100M contract for the next coach. Unlike previous contracts, Napier’s is fully guaranteed with just payment due in 30 days. The next coach will probably demand a similar contract with a certain amount guaranteed up front. Historically Florida floats a maximum of $20M in secured dollars each year. Unless Gary Condron and Hugh Hathcock want to raise $20M to $100M overnight, Napier will be head coach until 2025 or 2026.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
For the moment, I am at this moment considering "taking a year or two OFF" from Gator Football.
I cannot BELIEVE that I am even saying that, let alone considering it.
But I can't go through this on a regular basis any further...and "regular basis" is what we
are getting from this Coach and the personality he has stamped on this "Scrappy Team of Losers".
We have descended from "shoe-throwing, on a barely-bowl team" to "Spitting, on a team that cannot even do THAT!"
Yeah--That's about as accurate a description of the effect of moving from Mullen to Napier has been, in practical terms. You may be right about the "likely reality", but honestly E--:
Are you HAPPY with it?
Does it bring the SLIGHTEST "satisfaction"???
I respect your views and analyses, so your steadfast insistence somehow puzzles me.
The man is hugely WELL PAID; He DESERVES the "hotseat" at this point, don't you think?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Okay.
Then I am, out of DESPERATION, ready to be the first to go TOTALLY CONTRARIAN:
I predict that DESPITE EVERYTHING YOU SAY (however true it may well BE),
"Unless he pulls in TWO Top-Three recruiting classes from here (including not only retrieving this 2024 one currently slipping away but ALSO pulling it off NEXT year as well), AND, having named a hot young OC who can properly bring along DJ Lagway AND a wide open Bigtime Florida Offense that begins to flex its muscles in 2025, BILLY NAPIER WILL BE GONE BY THE END OF that 2025 season!"
PERIOD.
He has two more years--on those conditions.
And ONLY that contract you keep pointing to keeps him here THAT long now.
He has not made good thus far on ANY of his own promises and principles.
My impression is that even his original (and still mainly loyal) supporters recognize this--and are beginning to have their OWN concerns and qualifications regarding the future.
Like us, they TOO "LIKE the Coach--but are more and more wondering if 'he's the guy' after all".

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Meanwhile, I am doing my utmost to avoid even READING the endless postgame headlines out there: That is of course in ADDITION to my already having stopped following even the last few Gator-supporting Podcasts that I still liked; I am down to Shane's at this point--and am not sure I will even go THERE after the way THIS one played out.
This Coach and the way he has run things has just in the last few weeks turned 3 wins into 3 LOSSES--each in different-but-similarly-inept ways his various flaws in a wide-range of areas has led to 3 separate examples of lost leads at game's end...That is, even one of the mediocre teams his predecessors fielded near the ends of THEIR tenures in Gainesville would likely have WON these games--bringing us an 8 and 4 season that would have if anything not just given us a not-dishonorable bowl position, but put our season and future in a whole different light.
Three TIMES, instead of suffering we'd in fact be CELEBRATING once AGAIN "ANOTHER TOUGH LATE WIN"!!!
The fact that this is NOT the situation MAY in fact turn out to be the ONE "SILVER LINING" in this whole mess! All the very real FLAWS in truth REVEALED by actual events--events that could have turned out so very differently on just a few minor changes--indicate how thin and shaky this "foundation" he has "built" really IS.
So what happens from HERE presumably will resolve the question of WHAT all those "possible outcomes" might have been truly telling us:
EITHER we will prosper, as a "surprising winning record" thus season might have predicted, OR we will soon again be back to searching for "Mr. Right" again after ALL.
But no one has ANSWERED my specific QUESTION in that regard here--not yet, anyway.
Come ON:
I am really looking FORWARD to hearing your frank, unadulterated answers.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
(WITH THE ABOVE IN MIND:
I will check back here next few days in hopes of FINDING such responses here after ALL!)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nothing so far...Not that I can really BLAME you all. It's not like I have anything especially perpetrating to add here.
Except maybe this:
I might have gone stark, raving mad in a full online temper-tantrum had I not had this site and you guys to bat all this stuff around with--and yes, even to "VENT" sometimes.
Thankyou. I'm working through the worst of it.
At the moment, it seems the best I can manage is a sort of "sinking, diminishing-of-hope feeling" deep in my gut--one I am somehow COUNTING on working THROUGH in the weeks (hopefully NOT "months"!) ahead.
I must admit: I really thought that this team would find its feet and begin to show the "learning and growing" that that was supposed to be the underlying "strength of this team, staff and PROGRAM now"...I don't know if it was the injuries or weakness in those at its center that are at the root of what instead has been our ensuing accelerating DOWNWARD spiral, but at this point I PERSONALLY cannot STAND listening to our Coach spout the same old "calmly reasonable explanations and promises" each Saturday-night-thru-Sunday-and-Monday-pressers!
ENOUGH!!!
CAN it, Coach. There's a time for "calm and reasonable", and there's a time to "cop to your OWN responsibilities" and maybe even "get fired up YOURSELF!"

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I guess I really DO keep waiting for SOMEONE to truly convince me that I AM WRONG.
That things really ARE "darkest before the Dawn!"
But instead, the cold light of tomorrow shines its stark light in to force our realization of The Truth.
We really NEEDED that team to finally pull one of these otherwise "rough rides" we've faced each week OUT--but came up sadly just SHORT each time regardless.
No inspiration, only disappointing LET DOWN.
Helluva life lesson coach each time out.
And now the nascent opportunities are gone FOR THIS YEAR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema