• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Day Thread: Gamecocks @ Gators - 11/13: LOSS 36 - 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
Screw Brantley. He road his dads coat tail here anyways. He is no where near the QB we all thought he would be. I see true freshman all over college football doing a much better job then this clown.

Did you see that? Brantley with men open near the goal line and NO pressure, throws it to the SC safety--should have intercepted it. Does it again. Then gets sacked. Amazing. Urban: if you don't smarten up, THIS will be your legacy, a monumental failure to mold great talent, as much as the previous good years--and since this will have come LAST, it'll be how you are remembered.
Here's a tip: the only way to change this sad outcome is to CHANGE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, not continuing to bang your head against the wall in the vain certainty that "I AM RIGHT! I WILL SHOW THEM ALL!".
That's called "tragedy".
What's that called? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is called insane??:confused0082:

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
The sad part is that not even the Ron Zook teams were this bad.

Zook didn't lose 3 games in a row.

Zook didn't lose 3 home games against SEC teams.

Zook's offenses were at least functional.

Zook didn't get completely demolished at home with an SEC East title on the line. At least when his teams lost, it was because of blowing leads in the 4th quarter.

...And ZOOK got fired for ONE embarrassing loss, against MSU; Meyer has presided over FOUR of 'em, including but not limited to MSU--but he is still somehow "untouchable", it seems (I usually get ripped for even hinting at such things).
(BTW, they finally THREW on one of those 4th down plays and LOW AND BEHOLD: a TD. The Gator band plays, but with less than 8 min. left, not even the home crowd is buying it at this point...If if if if if...The TOOLS were there all along, and IF our offense had shown ANY imagination from the START maybe we're on the other end of this score--and THAT is the problem. Well, one of them, one that could have made a diff. tonight, anyway; our offense AND defense seem to be waking up just in time to realize "Hey we shoulda won we're BETTER than these guys but aw sh*t it's too late!".)

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
I think I made it half way through the second quarter before I got sick of this team and began my rant on here. I turn it back on and see Brantley still in the game and it is obvious we will not win this game yest Meyer still plays this clown.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Well, it's the end of the season. Let's summarize:
- The Johnny Brantley Experiment (JBE) was an utter failure.
- The Three-Headed QB Ploy was just a band-aid to cover up for the failing JBE.
- Something is wrong with Urban Meyer and his coaching staff.
- This is THE worst season that I can fully remember. I was too young to understand '79, and did not follow as closely in the late '80s.
- It can only get better in 2011.

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
so much for the " blue out" the fans held there end of the bargain yet once again the coaches fail on theirs. LOL this is really funny if you think about it. Even Meyer is getting into this all talk no action game much like his sorry excuse for a center pouncey.

limelight543

Gator Fan
- This is THE worst season that I can fully remember. I was too young to understand '79, and did not follow as closely in the late '80s.

or worse if we lose our recruits and keep the same coaching staff and our of all good players leave, demps,rainey,a few O-line and D players, could be stuck with burton/reed as the QB's too..

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Meanwhile, with nothing but the smallest, longshot sliver-of-a-chance to maybe get down the field, score, kick/get it back and--whattayaknow, bad exchange and the STILL Brantley-"led" (I use this term in its loosest form, to say the least) Gator offense turns it over.
We're not gonna see a "FireMeyer"-site (hey, has a nifty ring to it, ya notice?), but if you're honest, you KNOW if it were anyone else, anyWHERE else...There's another 'Cock score (get to use that in print with no embarrassment); they're getting payback for the "half-a-hundert".

Escambia94

At least we get to see Reed throwing. He didn't practice much with the QBs this week. What that tells me is that we did not plan on using the three-headed QB today and that we had planned on just using JB to throw on that weak secondary. Great plan, except JB had zero blocking in the 1st half, decent blocking in the 2nd with crappy throwing.

ki501

Gator Fan
Foley should have never begged Meyer to come back after resigning last season. Meyer made a decision to walk away. You can blame that decision on health issues all you want but when he made that decision it was his way of saying his passion was gone and he was ready to leave the game. The coaching is horrendous and there have been no signs of improvement all year. The time to make the change is NOW, don't let this program revert back to the Zooker days or go the way of FSU with Bowden. As I've said many times before Mullen was the offensive mind that drove the offense and since his departure the offense has progressively gotten worse. It's time to start making a short list of coaching canidates because a change has to be made.

The Zooker

VIP Member
It's time to start begging Gus Malzahn to save us. Meyer has lost his edge. He is incapable of handling a major football program now. Disgraceful. Absolutely embarrassing.

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
At least we get to see Reed throwing. He didn't practice much with the QBs this week. What that tells me is that we did not plan on using the three-headed QB today and that we had planned on just using JB to throw on that weak secondary. Great plan, except JB had zero blocking in the 1st half, decent blocking in the 2nd with crappy throwing.

Re you F#^king kidding me. After he more then proved himself that he can indeed make throws down field this is what we get. Why in the world would any recruit wanna come here blows my mind at this point. If what you are saying is true I cant explain how bad this pisses me off. Im saying it now folks Meyer if a F%$cking joke.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator

My fear is that (as Zooker keeps insisting) that JBE continues next year unless either Meyer "snaps out of it", gets rid of Addazio AND brings in a top hired gun to be OC (and that is looking LESS likely, not more so), OR bows out himself voluntarily.
Steve Addazio is just an enthusiastic oaf in on-the-field matters who has administrative and recruiting skills that have allowed him to exploit the Peter Principle (ie. "Everyone rises to their own level of incompetence").
Urban Meyer, on the other hand, is a more complex subject. Like the doomed protagonist of classic Tragedy, in his rise were the seeds of his own downfall, it seems: that is, early and sustained success has long since convinced him of his own brilliance, rightness and infallibility. Now that things have turned against him, his previous formula for success ("Plan to Win", get it?) has become an inflexibility that now dooms him--and the team whose fortunes and future are in his hands. More's the pity, and bad luck for US.

(On the other hand, Zooker, you were wrong on this one...maybe you're wrong about Meyer and Brantley too? I can HOPE--it's all I've got, at the moment.)

The Zooker

VIP Member
I was wrong. Completely and utterly wrong. I'm dumbfounded. I'm on the fire Meyer bandwagon now. He's not the same man he was. He has no excuses whatsoever. His only excuse was that his coordinators were better coaches than him. But now they are both gone for head coaching positions and now Meyer looks bush league as a coach.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I was wrong. Completely and utterly wrong. I'm dumbfounded. I'm on the fire Meyer bandwagon now. He's not the same man he was. He has no excuses whatsoever. His only excuse was that his coordinators were better coaches than him. But now they are both gone for head coaching positions
and now Meyer looks bush league as a coach.

Yes. No one can be sorrier than I.

Escambia94

I was wrong. Completely and utterly wrong. I'm dumbfounded. I'm on the fire Meyer bandwagon now. He's not the same man he was. He has no excuses whatsoever. His only excuse was that his coordinators were better coaches than him. But now they are both gone for head coaching positions and now Meyer looks bush league as a coach.

Don't worry, Zooker. I still believe in you. I blame quantum physics for your being wrong on Saturday. Somehow either the quantum membrane curled the wrong way or the quantum string snapped the wrong way and it took us into this alternate universe.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yeah, we just live in "the wrong slice of the multiverse", see?
The good news? Just "NEXT" to us, infintessimally close, is a world where everything turned out just as you expected, "Z--"...in the other direction, just as near, one where Addazio's already long since canned.
Can't GET to any of 'em, but if it's any comfort: there they are.

Escambia94

Yeah, we just live in "the wrong slice of the multiverse", see?
The good news? Just "NEXT" to us, infintessimally close, is a world where everything turned out just as you expected, "Z--"...in the other direction, just as near, one where Addazio's already long since canned.
Can't GET to any of 'em, but if it's any comfort: there they are.

Or, if we could get there it would require an amount of energy approaching the Big Bang.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Or, if we could get there it would require an amount of energy approaching the Big Bang.

Or your own personal black hole.
...wait a minute, think we got a song: "Your own. Personal. Black Hole." (sounds familiar, tho'...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema