• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

NFL Draft Projections 2019

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
The Florida Gators have 46 former Gators active in the NFL (48 counting Jeff Driskel and Janoris Jenkins) on 24 different teams. A dozen more are eligible to seek to join those ranks through the NFL draft and free agency. Here are the NFL prospects and their projections:
  • Sr Martez Ivey OL 3rd-5th
  • Sr Fred Johnson OL 6th - UDFA
  • Sr Cece Jefferson DL 4th - 7th
  • RSr Moral Stephens TE UDFA
  • RSr C’yontai Lewis TE 5th - UDFA
  • Sr Tyler Jordan OL 6th - UDFA
  • RSr Khairi Clark DT 3rd - 5th
  • RSr/ Tr Dre Massey WR/DB UDFA
  • Jr Chauncey Gardner-Johnson DB 1st-3rd
The following players have not declared for the NFL, but could choose to if they receive good grades from scouts. The players with question marks beside their names should consider returning, but could leave anyway.
  • Jr Jachai Polite DE 1st
  • Jr Jawaan Taylor OL 2nd - 4th
  • Jr/ Tr Van Jefferson WR 3rd - UDFA ?
  • RJr Jabari Zuniga DE 3rd - 5th ?
  • Jr Lamical Perine RB 3rd - 5th ?
  • Jr Freddie Swain WR 5th - UDFA ?
  • Jr Josh Hammond WR 5th - UDFA ?
  • Jr Tyrie Cleveland WR 4th - UDFA ?
  • Jr David Reese LB 4th - UDFA ?
  • RJr Jordan Scarlett RB UDFA ?
  • RJr Nick Buchanan OL UDFA ?

Last edited:

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Polite for sure, even Taylor I can understand, but I just don't quite get why guys like (for eg) Jordan Scarlett and/or Perine would elect to go early, under the circumstances--when all the signs and projections have them as UDFAs, where the money is relatively minimal and the upside seems all on the "wait a year"-side of the ledger--only thing I can figure is the "hardship" assumption, where they see ANY income as a step up for them and/or their anxious families. Either I am somehow missing the psychology of the situation in some "insensitive" way, or SOME part of the economics, but far as I can tell no matter HOW often I run through the whole "numbers thing", just strikes me that it not only would benefit US for Perine and Scarlett to put in another season filling out, strengthening themselves in our much improved development-system AND evolving further as more skilled and powerful runners in what is (with them ESPECIALLY) likely to be a high-profile successful one/two punch running game on a very impressive, much-talked-about SEC offense in 2019. The "potential RISK" probably ISN'T worth it when you're already at or CLOSE to 1st-round status, but that isn't the case with either--or do they not BELIEVE those projections? Any word regarding either's outlook/attitude? What do YOU think is driving these type of "early out" choices, at this point?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
(P.S. That Thibideau kid, the "#1 recruiting prospect" chose Oregon today...we were "in the running" along with Alabama, FSU and Oregon, and as a DEfensive guy the "smart money" had him likeliest going to the Tide, so main thing from MY P.O.V. was "at least Saban and Co. didn't get him!"--in fact, in going to the Pac 12 (already his "neck of the woods", after all) he has more or less "eliminated himself from a good deal of the hype picture" until late at night and (even more so) the end of the YEAR at BEST, lets face it. May sound cold and cynical, but that's how it is. Even if I'm wrong and he attains all he might have otherwise out there, I'll still be "RIGHT", insofar as it not having ANY impact on US or "the MAIN FOOTBALL ACTION" until (as I say) the late highlights on Saturdays and/or late-in-the-year as far as the rankings and Bowls. But I guess that is "played down" out there...)
P.S. As for our running game next season, as a result, well, IF both Starters go it WILL look different, to say the least--may even take a few games to truly get on track, but a number of things are worth noting here:
We already HAVE a couple of very fast, very elusive (if somewhat inexperienced and to some extent untested at this level) young guys on the depth chart right behind them, have a couple of high-upside commits, AND of course with BOTH "CO-starters" declaring for the draft can probably grab at least one MORE that might otherwise have been unlikely; Moreover, between growing experience--not to mention size and BULK--among those we have and those already a part of the likely incoming class we will have a notably stronger, deeper O-line, one that will only become a closer-knit, tighter unit as the season goes on...Finally, one might give some thought and consideration to how all this might affect the eventual decision at QB, too: There WILL BE a "competition" there come spring regardless, and though there has been talk with Franks' seeming sudden "sharpening/tightening-UP" last coupla games this season, even with more-of-the-same demo'd in the Peach against Michigan, what may have seemed a safer, perhaps even "almost inevitable" RE-emergence of "Frank the Starter" come spring with the return of our two strong, experienced, "BIGGER AND BETTER" RBs, if they both forego their Senior years with us, it seems more likely that a wide open audition-at-every-position on and fundamental STYLE OF offense will be about to play out in Gainesville... Where Mullen MAY still have the luxury of a "SLOW evolution" of his nicely-developing/developed one/two punch running game should they both stay for their Senior years, if they both leave he may also now more sooner HAVE to go with an ongoing, accelerated installation of the kind of wide open attack he is more noted for--one that may well REQUIRE the multiple skills-on-the-fly of an Emory Jones rather than the deliberate, good at what he CAN do "game management" of Filipe Franks. I may be selling Franks a little short here: He HAS shown signs of more "room at the top of his upside" of late, and Jones has yet had a chance to show more than signs of what he maybe can or can't do with the game, the team, the SEASON in his hands...
So this "off season"/post-Bowl interlude of final recruiting and on into the spring will be HUGE--interesting, even exciting-in-its-repercussions and eventual effect on us and our likely future.)

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Here are the updated draft projections:
  • Sr Martez Ivey OL 3rd-5th
  • Sr Fred Johnson OL 6th - UDFA
  • Sr Cece Jefferson DL 4th - 7th
  • RSr Moral Stephens TE UDFA
  • RSr C’yontai Lewis TE 5th - UDFA
  • Sr Tyler Jordan OL 6th - UDFA
  • RSr Khairi Clark DT 3rd - 5th
  • RSr/ Tr Dre Massey WR/DB UDFA
  • Jr Chauncey Gardner-Johnson DB 1st-3rd
  • Jr Jachai Polite DE 1st
  • Jr Jawaan Taylor OL 1st - 4th
  • RJr Jordan Scarlett RB 3rd - UDFA ?
  • Jr Vosean Joseph LB 2nd - 3rd
The following players have not declared for the NFL, but could choose to if they receive good grades from scouts. The players with question marks beside their names should consider returning, but could leave anyway.
  • Jr/ Tr Van Jefferson WR 3rd - UDFA ?
  • RJr Jabari Zuniga DE 3rd - 5th ?
  • Jr Lamical Perine RB 3rd - 5th ?
  • Jr Freddie Swain WR 5th - UDFA ?
  • Jr Josh Hammond WR 5th - UDFA ?
  • Jr Tyrie Cleveland WR 4th - UDFA ?
  • Jr David Reese LB 4th - UDFA ?
  • RJr Nick Buchanan OL UDFA ?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics