• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

New AP Poll 10/12

TebowISgod

Gator Fan
Here's the latest AP Top 25 Poll.

I'm happy with Florida's jump to No. 5. I really thought we'd end up like 7.

AP Top 25
1. Texas (39) 6-0 1,599
2. Alabama (26) 6-0 1,582
3. Penn State 7-0 1,492
4. Oklahoma 5-1 1,306
5. Florida 5-1 1,284
6. USC 4-1 1,247
7. Texas Tech 6-0 1,210
8. Oklahoma State 6-0 1,184
9. Brigham Young 6-0 1,131
10. Georgia 5-1 1,081
11. Missouri 5-1 984
12. Ohio State 6-1 908
13. LSU 4-1 893
14. Utah 7-0 834
15. Boise State 5-0 714
16. Kansas 5-1 620
17. Virginia Tech 5-1 540
18. North Carolina 5-1 416
19. South Florida 5-1 397
20. Michigan State 6-1 371
21. Wake Forest 4-1 330
22. Vanderbilt 5-1 258
23. Pittsburgh 4-1 182
24. Ball State 7-0 166
25. California 4-1 115

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
No. 5 looks good to me, but with the Gators on bye this week, we'll probably see a couple of teams jump us. Texas Tech, USC, UGA, and heck even Missouri (with a win over No. 1 Texas) could all move ahead of us after this week.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
I figured top 10 at least, but #5 was a nice surprise. If anything we racked up some "style points" the BCS likes to see as well.

gators_2006

Gator Fan
coaches poll is as follows

1 Texas
2 Alabama
3 Penn State
4 Southern California
5 Texas Tech
6 Oklahoma
7 Florida
8 Brigham Young
9 Georgia
10 Oklahoma State
11 Ohio State
12 Missouri
13 Utah
14 LSU
15 Kansas
16 Boise State
17 Michigan State
18 Virginia Tech
19 Wake Forest
20 South Florida
21 North Carolina
22 California
23 Vanderbilt
24 TCU
25 Ball State

Remember, all polls are calculated into the bcs rankings.
I agree with texas as number 1, still would like to see alabama. The one that just blows my mind is putting usc back to number four. They beat a 2-3 arizona state, which we know what the dawgs did to them. The defense for usc won the game. usc had 5 turnovers(3 int's). that doesn't sound like a number 4 team to me. I like the ap poll spot we're in. Still enough games for us to win and sit back and let the other top teams duke it out. I don't see texas staying on top throughout the next three games they have. penn state still has mich, mich state and ohio state left, poss. lose to one of those. don't see texas tech winning out. they have yet to play a ranked team, but will start in two weeks. stoops and company could make it, but would still have a division title game to play. and everybodies suck-up, usc play only one ranked team(cal) and their home strech of the schedule has a combine 19-23 record as of today.what is up with usc and the hype.
oh well, point I'm trying to make, is that if we win out, we should be sitting around 2 or 3 before the sec championship as far as coaches/ap poll. This is just my take on things. remember the bcs comes out oct 19. ap poll, coaches poll, computer polls and schedule strength make up the bcs. so with the bye week, we might hang around the current spot as far as human polls but bcs, i feel maybe 8 or 9(hope i'm wrong, hope we're still top 5)
what's everyone elses take?

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
Coaches poll is a joke.

And we need Texas and Penn State to lose. If they are undefeated, they'll play for the national championship. It's still too early for me to figure out how all the one-loss teams shape up.

shandsgator8

VIP Member
Coaches poll is a joke.

And we need Texas and Penn State to lose. If they are undefeated, they'll play for the national championship. It's still too early for me to figure out how all the one-loss teams shape up.

If the Big XII champ is undefeated, they will likely play against a one loss SEC champ for the BCS title game.

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
5 is a good spot... but when we are talking about the Nat'l Championship, dont count out a Pac-10 team, not that i support them tho, lol

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
If the Big XII champ is undefeated, they will likely play against a one loss SEC champ for the BCS title game.

That's true if there is only one undefeated team at the end of the year (the Big 12 Champ).

Even though a one loss SEC champ should get in, I still think Penn State will get into the title game if they remain undefeated, despite their schedule.

Basically, Penn State being undefeated is bad for both the Big 12 and SEC. And if Penn State is the only undefeated team left, either the Big 12 champ or the SEC champ will not get into the title game.

shandsgator8

VIP Member
That's true if there is only one undefeated team at the end of the year (the Big 12 Champ).

Even though a one loss SEC champ should get in, I still think Penn State will get into the title game if they remain undefeated, despite their schedule.

Basically, Penn State being undefeated is bad for both the Big 12 and SEC. And if Penn State is the only undefeated team left, either the Big 12 champ or the SEC champ will not get into the title game.

Yeah, I suppose getting a Sugar Bowl bid against BYU or something wouldn't be so bad (since Florida would crush them), as long as PSU gets creamed in the BCS national title game, further showing the weakness of the Big 10.

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
Yeah, I suppose getting a Sugar Bowl bid against BYU or something wouldn't be so bad (since Florida would crush them), as long as PSU gets creamed in the BCS national title game, further showing the weakness of the Big 10.

Good point with BYU. BYU could very well end up there, as the only "tough" games they have left are TCU and Utah.

I'd be split if Penn State makes the title game. I like Paterno and I would much rather Paterno have the most wins record rather than Bowden. On the other hand, it's hard to pass up another chance to see a Big 10 team get destroyed!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema