• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Monday Cogitations

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Well, It’s almost here folks. National Signing Day is in 2 days. And with 4 spots left in the 2010 class(since Demar Dorsey has decommitted), we are all wondering who will top off this unanimous #1 class.  Offensive tackle Chaz Green, Linebacker Darren Kitchens, WR Ivan McCartney, Linebacker Christian Jones, and Offensive tackle Seantrel Henderson, all remain on the board.

At 6’8”, 338 lbs, LT Seantrel Henderson is an absolute beast guarding the blindside of any QB. Most say that Ohio State and Notre Dame lead this race. But, Henderson insists that “everyone is number 1”. The Gators would LOVE to have this monster of a guy fighting for playing time with Xavier Nixon this spring. Florida is considered a long shot to get Henderson out of Irish or Buckeye country. But, it looks like this will come down to Wednesday. Chaz Green almost looks like a certainty for Florida on NSD, and everyone else is a toss up.  Although, nothing is impossible on the craziest day of the year for college football, Urban Meyer should be crowned the king of recruiting this year come Wednesday.

Now, to Tim Tebow. This past week at the Senior Bowl, Tebow was battling a case of strep throat, as well as the media hacks telling him that he will never be a successful NFL quarterback. But, if there’s one thing we all learned these past 3-4 years is to NEVER count Tim Tebow out of anything.  Todd McShay has said that he “can’t play quarterback in the NFL, I’m convinced of it.” Everybody heard when Todd McShay praised JaMarcus Russell. Look how that turned out. In my opinion, Tebow didn’t hurt or help his draft stock at the Senior Bowl. He didn’t play enough consecutive drives to establish a rhythm, and he didn’t get enough playing time to completely grade his performance(8-12 for 50 yards). Besides, the guy was sick all week, and it’s a wonder he played at all. But that’s Timmy for ya. To be honest, I would love for the Jaguars to pick Tebow up in the first round. Because they SERIOUSLY need a way to put butts in the seats. And I think he would be GREAT for Jacksonville and the Jaguars all together. But, the fact is that it probably won’t be a good fit for him, starting right away. Lets face it, David Garrard is not a good quarterback. He’s a great guy, but not a good quarterback. And Tim needs somebody who is able to mentor him his first few years in the league. He needs to go somewhere with an established quarterback. Perhaps Minnesota, where he would be reunited with Percy Harvin and be mentored by surely outgoing Brett Favre. But if he’s going to be picked up in the first or second round,  Timmy needs to impress NFL scouts and coaches at the combine and at the pro day. Which I have no doubt he will do. Besides, Tim is a natural born leader and a winner, and as Urban Meyer said, “unless the job description changes at some other level of football, he’s a winner, and he’ll win at the next level, too.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm starting to have some SERIOUS withdrawals from football. NSD on Wednesday should quench my thirst a little bit. And certainly the Super Bowl on Sunday should be a good game.(GO SAINTS!)But, I don't think the Orange & Blue Debut can come quickly enough.

Well, back to lunch. Be well Gator Nation.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema