• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Miami vs. Florida tonight

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Too bad it's not Miami vs. Florida in a football game :-(

We're stuck with the NIT right now, but that's ok. Any sports is better then no sports.

Here are a couple notes for tonight's game:

• Florida is making its 12th consecutive postseason appearance - nine NCAA Tournaments and three NITs
  • Florida leads the all-time series with Miami, 44-22, winning in Miami in 2005 in the last meeting between the two...UF is 2-1 vs. Miami under Billy Donovan, 0-1 in Gainesville, however (2004)
  • Miami leading scorer Jack McClinton played for UF assistant Rob Lanier his freshman year at Siena (Lanier’s last year as head coach)
  • Florida is 17-1 at the O’Connell Center this season and can tie the school record for single-season home wins (18-0 in 2006-07)

InstiGATOR

Gator Fan
Too bad it's not Miami vs. Florida in a football game :-(

Why? We played Miami in football this year. They were not very good and were a boring opponent. This is a much better match up in basketball. UF matches up pretty well.

We're stuck with the NIT right now, but that's ok. Any sports is better then no sports.

Here are a couple notes for tonight's game:

• Florida is making its 12th consecutive postseason appearance - nine NCAA Tournaments and three NITs
  • Florida leads the all-time series with Miami, 44-22, winning in Miami in 2005 in the last meeting between the two...UF is 2-1 vs. Miami under Billy Donovan, 0-1 in Gainesville, however (2004)
  • Miami leading scorer Jack McClinton played for UF assistant Rob Lanier his freshman year at Siena (Lanier’s last year as head coach)
  • Florida is 17-1 at the O’Connell Center this season and can tie the school record for single-season home wins (18-0 in 2006-07)

My worry is the zone allowing McClinton and other to go off tonight. I would love to see UF start Kadji, Tyus, Werner, Hodge and Calathes and open up in man. I would not be surprised if Shipman was an important player tonight. I could see him in man on McClinton if UF goes to a box and one.

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
Some good points. I hope we have a better turn out for this game than the previous one...........
I wonder what the team and coaches think when they look up into the stands and it's not even 1/2 full for a post-season game. Way to go Gator fans!

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Some good points. I hope we have a better turn out for this game than the previous one...........
I wonder what the team and coaches think when they look up into the stands and it's not even 1/2 full for a post-season game. Way to go Gator fans!

If it wasn't for the fact that I had to put in a full day at the office, I would have made the 2 1/2 hour drive up to Gainesville from Orlando to go to the game tonight. If it's televised on ESPNU, I'll catch it at home.

nismodrift

VIP Member
i would go if I lived in Florida, sadly i live in massachusetts but anyways ill be watching from tipoff to the very last buzzer no matter how bad or good they play.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema