• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Lott IMPACT Trophy watch list includes Wright, Oakman, Nkemdiche, Bosa & more

News Bot

News Bot
You know we are starting to turn a page toward the next college football season when spring games are in the air and some award gets an early jump on watch list season. Today the Pacific Club IMPACT Foundation got award watch list season underway with 42 players being named to the watch list for…
b.gif

Source: CollegeFootballTalk.com

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Speaking of defense, here's a subject thats gotta lead the "Don''t wanna HEAR about it" list for 2015: ANY hype (and it's started already) about the "formerly-weak Auburn D" making these "HUGE strides already" under new defensive coordinator Will Muschamp. Yeah, yeah yeah--we all know, we SAW what he could build and make of a defense...Did WE have to be the proving ground for his utter LACK of the slightest judgement or feel for ANYTHING happening on the OTHER side of the ball? Did our AD have to make that roll of the dice, then "stand by him to the end"--the ASS-end of college football offensive rankings, the worst sustained loss-of-ground by the Florida program in decades? Now we get to have that waved in our faces as he gets a shot at public revenge for what was, lets face it, a WELL-DESERVED firing as ANYONE'S Head Coach--and the same media who heaped derision on him now helps him rub our faces in (considering his stubborn refusal to learn ANYTHING, make any real changes) his overdue removal. I mean, I LIKED the guy, wanted it to work out for him here somehow--but his complete ineptitude in finding and hiring someone with some modicum of knowledge and talent (bereft was he was of both), was apparently unable even to conceive or recognize what that looked like, yet continued to insist on a certain general "philosophy" of what the succession of bumbling poseurs he brought in were to pursue, has probably (and rightly) closed out his future Head Coaching opportunities for some time to come, at least at any major college level. He'll be a well-paid, "defensive-mind-for-hire" from now on--and it seems his defenses will be grinding his axe on us and the SEC in general now and for the forseeable. What fun for him--DOUBLE-sux for us, though.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
...and on a related tangent to the above belly-achin', this one goes at the very TOP of that "Don't wanna hear about it"-list for the decade, at least:
See where OSU just gave Urban Meyer a "monster extension" of his contract as Head Coach there? Yeah, I'm SURE he's a convincingly loud'n'proud "Buckeye" now--in his image, statements, "It's my home, my FAMILY'S, home, where we CAME from...", etc. So when begins the next (choose one) "illness"/depression/sudden-private-realization-that-the-string-of-luck-and-magic-has-turned-once-more-and-I'm-bout-to-get-caught-with-my-pants-down-again routine? Out will come the Drama Queen, the indecision, the confusion and mixed signals preceding the official statements and somewhat cloudy circumstances of his eventual exit. When, for how long, and where to after that?
In that vein, here's a long range, priests-of-Delphi-style prognostication:
"The City-man's pursuit of Our Lady never ends".
It doesn't take multi-leveled analysis of mythic symbolism, a la James Joyce, to follow what I'm saying here. OK--I've said it, gotten it out of my system. Sorry. Now I "Don't wanna HEAR about it" no more. But I will, WE will--right up until the decline and fall, the wheel inevitably turns and the other shoe drops. (Think I've run out of bile AND cliches now, you'll all be glad to hear)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema