• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Looking ahead to UF vs. Miami of Ohio

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
"Everybody already knows everything there is to know about Alabama and Georgia and the rest of the SEC teams on Florida's 2010 schedule. But what about those other schools (other than Florida State) that fill out the non-conference schedule?

Miami of Ohio, South Florida and Appalachian State.

It seems like a good time to take a look at those teams over the next week or so, starting with Miami of Ohio, which comes to The Swamp for the season opener on Sept. 4."

More: http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20100626/ARTICLES/100629690&tc=email_newsletter

TenGator1

Gator Fan
"Defensive coordinator Carl Reese faced the Gators when he was the defensive coordinator at LSU and Vanderbilt in the 1990s. He's the guy who held a coaching clinic about defending Steve Spurrier's offense after LSU limited the Gators to 28 points in a 28-10 LSU loss in Baton Rouge in 1995. (By the way, Spurrier blew up Reese's defense a year later in a 56-13 UF rout at Florida Field)."

I got a kick out of this

jd_gator

Gator Fan
I can't wait for the season opener. Living in Ohio & being a big fan of Marshall (along with the Gators) I despise Cryami. They & Marshall have a past and it isn't a good one. I hope the Gators throttle them by 60.

Any chance I could purchase a couple of tickets to this game? Never been in the swamp & feel it is time!

AK Gator

Gator Fan
You know I'd like to see the Gators have a higher strength of schedule by booking some tougher out of conference teams, but at the same time there is no better way to get the season started than by hanging 120+ in the first two weeks. Something tells me that MofO won't be a big road block in this game. Our other two games against UCF and Appalachian State should provide stiffer tests, but I'm not too worried about either. Obviously, regardless of how the season is going, the press leading up to the Appalachian State game will focus all around their win over Michigan. Personally, I hope we stomp them into the dust and knock their egos down a little.

tngator15

Gator Fan
I can't wait for the season opener. Living in Ohio & being a big fan of Marshall (along with the Gators) I despise Cryami. They & Marshall have a past and it isn't a good one. I hope the Gators throttle them by 60.

Any chance I could purchase a couple of tickets to this game? Never been in the swamp & feel it is time!

JD, where would you be interested in sitting?

jd_gator

Gator Fan
JD, where would you be interested in sitting?

I am not really real picky, I would just be thrilled to get in the stadium! I am headed to Gainesville next week and am hoping to be able to sneak in and check out the field! haha In all seriousness I would sit anywhere I can afford!

tngator15

Gator Fan
I am not really real picky, I would just be thrilled to get in the stadium! I am headed to Gainesville next week and am hoping to be able to sneak in and check out the field! haha In all seriousness I would sit anywhere I can afford!

Alrighty, I'll keep an eye out for ya.

gtrgrl97

VIP Member
Every season we go to the season opener... but we can't this year :wacko:
I'm spending our family fun money on a great vacation this summer; also our 15 yr old is on the varsity football team this year and they have to practice Saturdays... at least for the start of the season.

So boo hoo! Don't know how I'll make it this season if I don't get to a Gator home game, and esp. the season kick-off!!!
You guys enjoy and cheer for me, I'll be doing so from home!

Go Gators!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema