• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Long day in Atlanta

News Bot

News Bot
There’s really no reason to spend a lot of time going in depth trying to break down the SEC Championship Game. I think everyone has a pretty good idea how this Florida-Alabama game is going to play out.

Let’s see, for starters, the Florida offense will be abysmal again. There will be lots of sacks, lots of negative plays, few first downs, no sustained drives, and, maybe, no points — just like a week ago in the 27-2 embarrassment against arch-rival Florida State.

The defense will keep the Gators in the game for a while, but not as long as it did in the loss to FSU. By the middle of the third quarter, Tide tailback Derrick Henry will be trampling weary defenders on his way to a Heisman Trophy-clinching performance.

Part of me says Jim McElwain will change up the offense and the Gators will have some positive plays, especially early. That won’t happen. He may change the offense, but the results will be the same — because it’s the same quarterback and the same soft offensive line.

Part of me says the defense will stay strong and keep the Gators in the game late into the fourth quarter, but forget about that because the bad UF offense means the defense will be on the field all day long trying to contain a powerful and balanced Tide offense. The collapse could being early.

Part of me says Nick Saban will take it easy on his old friend Jim McElwain and call off the dogs early. But zero chance of that because Saban is ruthless (like all great coaches) and style points are important for a Tide team that wants to impress the nation and the College Football Playoff selection committee.

It all adds up to a long, tough (and maybe embarrassing) day in the Georgia Dome for the Gators.

Prediction: Alabama 34, Florida 6 (defensive touchdown and a missed PAT).

Source: GatorSports.com - Robbie's Playbook

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema