• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Life after tebow

inthestands

Gator Fan
Hey for all of you who dodn't know, I am pretty sure Newton got kicked off the team after his arrest. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
This is not freindly this is just bullshit, i dont sit here and point out the flaws of your team, plus manningham was the reason we won any of our games he has no idea what he was talking about, and its not even that our players are bad, its that lloyd carr is a terrible coach, he loses to bad teams, and he never wins bowl games

and thanks i think its a cool video too lol

Yeah, and what did Meatchicken do? Win only three games all year. Finish eating your humble pie, skippy.

As far as "life after Tebow"? Depending on the outcome of his case, Cam Newton could still be in a Gator uniform, but his future is unclear at this point in time.

As I see it John Brantley is the heir apparent; if a strong pass offense could be built around him taking advantage of his throwing strength, we'll still be potent.

That being said though, we do have an incoming QB recruit in Jordan Reed this fall; should Tim Tebow return and depending on the outcome of the Newton case he may or may not be redshirted. Should Tebow come back for his senior year I don't see much change; if the opposite happens we may go back to a two-QB system as we had in 2006.

Hey for all of you who dodn't know, I am pretty sure Newton got kicked off the team after his arrest. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Based on what I heard Wednesday night, Newton is on indefinite suspension pending final judgment on his case.

inthestands

Gator Fan
Based on what I heard Wednesday night, Newton is on indefinite suspension pending final judgment on his case.

Cool. What was he arrested for? I didn't hear that, I just knew he was arrested.

On the subject here though, I have watched a lot of QB's come and go at a lot of schools and I have to say. Brantley looks great. He has a TON of raw talent and remember, most backup QB's in college do not get much practice in at all because you are only allowed 20 practice hours a week. So think about how well he played when given the opportunity. He did that with very little practice. Wait 'til he is the starter. He will be a great one.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Cool. What was he arrested for? I didn't hear that, I just knew he was arrested.

On the subject here though, I have watched a lot of QB's come and go at a lot of schools and I have to say. Brantley looks great. He has a TON of raw talent and remember, most backup QB's in college do not get much practice in at all because you are only allowed 20 practice hours a week. So think about how well he played when given the opportunity. He did that with very little practice. Wait 'til he is the starter. He will be a great one.

Newton was arrested for the theft of a laptop computer, which he later threw out a window and damaged.

Maybe I am alone here but I believed in Chris Leak. Yes, they lost games they should have won but in January of 2007, Leak, Nelson and the whole team made believers out of a lot of doubters.

I personally was pessimistic about the Gators chances against osu until I talked to a friend who lives outside of Micanopy and he told me the Gators were going to win the game. After the opening kick off return it was osu's game to lose. Yes, that team needed Tebow, I am not disputing that but it also needed Chris Leak.

Tebow will not go pro this year, I honestly don't think Pam and Robert will allow him to evade the two way commitment he made with the University of Florida. In the long run I would like to see him become as successful a coach as Steve Spurrier was at Florida, preferably at Florida.

Sloan Ridge Gator

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema