• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Let's give these Aggies a rude welcome to the SEC

Leakfan12

VIP Member
I hope Muschamp and company gives the Team ready because they can't let those f--king Aggies win after that billboard in G-Ville those Aggies. They got to beat the s--t out of them. I hope they play better than the BG showing.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I'm just not at all sure what we're about to see out there this Saturday from these Gators. Any kind of win'll be more than acceptable, given last week's group-grope--but I suspect it'll take a better effort across-the-board, improved play in all phases, to pull that off at Kyle Field. It's not that we don't have the tools, it's just a question of whether we'll be ready to put them all out there together and begin to use them properly yet.

Swamp Person

Swamp Gator
I'm SPOOKED OUT going into this.:cautious: I'm the biggest Gator around but reality is concerning me. I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worse. It's hard to explain but I'm very uneasy going over there. Someone help me out with this feeling.....:sick:

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Can't help ya, SP--'CAUSE I"M FEELIN' EXACTLY THE SAME WAY!...couldn't have put it better.

(I have a really obnoxious Aggie-neighbor who has been blasting the A&M fight-song over-and-over again since last night, is yelling shit at us from over the high wooden fence every time he comes outside, and so on--and he's setting up already--started at 7:30am-- for what looks to be a major Bar-b-que with his Aggie-friends while they watch today's game...I'm going to have to hear them clapping, whooping and carrying on extra-"enthusiastically", for my benefit, so the feeling you talk about is greatly HEIGHTENED around here, with me laid up and not easily able to be elsewhere today, as it turns out, I may well be COUNTING on the Gators shutting these fools up early--tho' let's face it, we'll all settle for them shutting their loud-mouths up at ALL, even if we have to suffer a close one until pulling it out at the end!)

mjfan23

VIP Member
Welcome back for the season...

This is a big game for Muschamp imo... If they drop this game I have a feeling hes going to start feeling alot of heat.

Last week was a big dissapointment IMO. Unfortunatly I dont see much change in a weeks time. Bummed.

Swamp Person

Swamp Gator
MJ I agree fully. It's time for the gloves to come off. DRU sorry your stuck so close to the enemy. Let's hope they do our talking for us. We all know giving over 100 yrds. in penalties has to stop. Something has to click. Running is good proud of Gil. but if they stuff the box and we got no air attack we will be threw. But you all know this. COME ON GATORS . Your time is NOW......

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Welcome back for the season...

This is a big game for Muschamp imo... If they drop this game I have a feeling hes going to start feeling alot of heat.

Last week was a big dissapointment IMO. Unfortunatly I dont see much change in a weeks time. Bummed.

Scary part is we're COUNTING on a MAJOR turn-around in a week...the only hope is that "first-to-2nd-week" CAN be the one week where that kind of improvement is at least theoretically possible.
Have to agree about Muschamp's position in the avg, fans' attitude towards the "state of his program": after last week's sad display, he almost HAS to get the win to keep them quiet, at best--and a convincing, sharper performance all around if he's to shut up the growing whispers from Gator Nation at large.
Don't think he's truly on the "hot seat" with the administration OR the real "insiders" yet, but a continued breakdown in the things coaches are expected to have some control over (penalties, attitude, mistakes on and off-the-field, and recruiting our future, to name a few), along with a general growing dissatisfaction among TOO many fans, WILL eventually take its toll. Time to turn this thing around PRONTO, "sooner rather than later"!

(PS "Game Day--Week 2" Thread up, whenever y'all are ready to focus on that as KO approaches)

Swamp Person

Swamp Gator
DRU I've heard they are really obnoxious I've never dealt with them before being from over here in Ga. their few and far between but I do got the semi holes who are just hoping we get beat and their talking their smack. I wish we got to play high school teams like the noles. Wait I take that back I wouldn't root for no-one with that kind of schedule.LOL, MY HEART IS THUMPING MY NOSE IS RUNNING. Hide the whiskey. Shoot, forget it I'm going to buy another bottle.....

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Swamp Person
I just rigged up a Gator-flag (using a real nice and big Swamp + School Symbol tapestry normally on wall of my office/study, now flying out front where normally I fly my old unit's flag on Nat'l holidays)--a bit heavy so it won't exactly be "waving in the wind", but a colorful eye-catcher and clearly makes my point for whole neighborhood to see. Longhorns don't like Aggies to begin with, and with all this loud (and no doubt 'bout to get louder and more sloppily aggressive) public breast-beating on these folks' part, I believe my quiet display has made the point well: I believe there could be a lot of 2nd-hand Gator fans among my otherwise-Longhorn neighbors as this day goes on...

(BTW--speaking of "wind", I understand that wind may well be a factor up in College Station today, where gusts over 20 mph are forecast for that time of day there...Though I'd as soon just see us beat 'em straight up, an even playing field on a fair day, with their reliance on the pass and ours on the run, clearly this COULD turn out to be an advantage in our favor--which would be nice, for a change, since it seems I've always witnessed it working the other way, where we go on the road somewhere and the elements work AGAINST us (don't get me started on all the examples over the years--several spring to mind immediately.)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Swamp Person
There are basically 2 types of Aggie-fans, SP: there are the enthusiastic-but-decent ones who love and support their team, and understand this in their "worthy opponents" when they meet 'em--and are correspondingly good natured and hospitable when you encounter them on their home turf...unfortunately, these are the minority--or maybe it just seems that way due to the others' overwhelmingly dominance-aimed behavior, these "others" being those like my neighbor, the widely known (and if possible AVOIDED) in these parts loud, dumb and sloppy-drunk-by-9am, "gettin' rich means gettin' a bigger trailer", "we're the REAL Texans" who may or may not have made it to highschool, let alone be A&M grads (no great academic accomplishment in ANY case)...you know, kinda similar to Seminole fans. In fact, the relationship between Texas and Texas A&M is kinda like ours with FSU, in terms of both our respective football programs and general attitudes towards one another--and the direction a person and/or family chooses in that regard early on. Having said all that, the level of fanatical support for their team by ALL of 'em DOES hold up well as far as their being worthy of SEC-membership...When it comes down to it, I'd have to admit that TAMU was a natural "fit" as far as potential matching level-of-commitment--more than any other Big 12 program they were and are the closest to having that obsessive, totally football-oriented outlook throughout student body, alumni and town itself that marks SEC programs' unique attitude, all of that living and breathing in their home stadiums on Game Days.

Swamp Person

Swamp Gator
I know those kind of people DRU...Lol,I hope they get a taste of the SEC. I'm hoping its what the doctor ordered My Dad used to tell me No matter how Bad you think you are There is always someone Badder....Lets Hope WERE IT!!!!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I know those kind of people DRU...Lol,I hope they get a taste of the SEC. I'm hoping its what the doctor ordered My Dad used to tell me No matter how Bad you think you are There is always someone Badder....Lets Hope WERE IT!!!!
(Laughing--and shaking my head at my own mouthing off!) Actually, I know those sorts of folks myself--and some of 'em are Gators, AND friends of mine!!! Just had to take a shot tho'--automatic, I guess, even tho' when I stop to think about it none of the ones I was aiming my swipes at were gonna be reading any of this in any event! I guess what I'm REALLY getting at is that the Aggies are likely to turn out to be the kind of SEC-foe a LOT of schools, their teams AND fans, will soon "love to hate"--ours probably for SURE, and sooner than others, since they've been tapped to be our annual opponent-from-the-West in the new alignment.

miltongator

Gator Fan
Gonna try the positive mojo thing. The Gators are gonna kill the Aggies!! Dru's neighbors will be cryin' in their beer by halftime. Perhaps we'll even get to see our new QB, Jeffcoby Driskett, in a mop-up role.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
I'll take it, wasn't pretty and they lost some players and They had to win that after that billboard. Now let's get the younger Dooley fired.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema