• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Kicking...

Rhine01

Gator Fan
Maybe it's just me, since I was a kicker here, but I think we have a serious issue in our kicking game. I think it's time to put Phillips back in. We have missed too many field goals and now extra points are a problem. Last year it cost us a game. I think the SEC game could come down to an extra point or field goal to win.

GatorBa!t

Gator Fan
Maybe it's just me, since I was a kicker here, but I think we have a serious issue in our kicking game. I think it's time to put Phillips back in. We have missed too many field goals and now extra points are a problem. Last year it cost us a game. I think the SEC game could come down to an extra point or field goal to win.

I'm pretty sure Phillips kicked that extra point that got blocked....it looked as if he kicked it to low, why cant Florida ever have a consistent kicker?Reminds me of when we had that kicker in 06' that constantly missed field goals...cant remember his name haha..

shandsgator8

VIP Member
I'm pretty sure Phillips kicked that extra point that got blocked....it looked as if he kicked it to low, why cant Florida ever have a consistent kicker?Reminds me of when we had that kicker in 06' that constantly missed field goals...cant remember his name haha..

I think his name was Chris Hetland, but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

nismodrift

VIP Member
Caleb Sturgis is good better believe it, I mean cmon now hes a freshman stepped in and won a game for us and kicked a 56 yarder, he was on a hot streak coming in just cuz the past 2 games he hasn't been doing too good doesn't throw away the fact we could possibly NOT be undefeated without him, and I know J. Phillips is good but I'd stick it out with Sturgis he just has a leg and most of his misses are near misses so I still believe in him, I hate how fans just tend to jump the gun fast and like to point out something bad about there team always

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Sturgis is a good kicker in my opinion. He has some trouble on those short yardage field goals, but seems like he's hit a couple of 50+ yarders this year. He's only a sophomore so give him some more time. He's much better than Phillips.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
Sturgis is a soph not a fresh, and he is definitely better than Phillips. Phillips was pulled b/c he couldn't hit an extra point! Remember?

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Sturgis is a soph not a fresh, and he is definitely better than Phillips. Phillips was pulled b/c he couldn't hit an extra point! Remember?

With Phillips being in law school, he can't devote the time to football now that he could as an undergraduate. His lack of practice time is evident, especially having missed that PAT on Saturday afainst FIU.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
^^^Phillips missed two chip shots and a a PAT against Troy. That's more than enough chances for a 6th year senior. Plus Sturgis has a much stronger leg than Phillips.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema