• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Kentucky prediction time

News Bot

News Bot
This game sets up almost too good for the Gators. Kentucky’s offense can’t consistently move the ball, can’t score points. The Wildcats are coming off a home loss to Louisville in which quarterback Morgan Newton was sacked six times. The Kentucky defense has been just OK. UK has lost 24 games in a row to the Gators, who are heavily favored to run the streak to 25.
On paper, this looks like a sure thing, an easy win for Florida. It may turn out that way, but I see the Gators having to work pretty hard to secure this victory. It’s the SEC, it’s UF’s first road game, and look what’s coming next week — Alabama. If the Gators get caught looking ahead, they could get blindsided by the Wildcats.
Will Muschamp and the players have stressed throughout the week that UF’s focus is on correcting mistakes from a week ago, and on Kentucky (not Alabama or anyone else). The players seem to have bought into Muschamp’s mantra that all SEC games carry the same weight and you really need to be ready to play each week if you hope to stay on the road to Atlanta.
UK’s defense is pretty solid and could cause some problems for Weis’ offense — at least early in the game when emotions will be running high on the ‘Cat sideline. But if Louisville can score 24 in Lexington, the Gators might have a chance to double that total.
As for the Florida defense, I think the Gators have a huge edge on the line of scrimmage. UF leads the nation in rushing defense and the UK offensive front has had problems handling the likes of Western Kentucky and Central Michigan. I don’t see the Wildcats scoring many points in this one.
The game could be dicey for a while, but I just think the Gators will eventually overwhelm the Wildcats.
Prediction: Florida 38, Kentucky 10

Source: GatorSports.com - Robbie's Playbook

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sounds about right...the UK "D" is their potential "strong point", and this could be the first game where we encounter some difficulty in scoring right from the get-go (would be helpful I think if we won the toss and deferred--absorb that hyped up, "early excited" first charge from their offense, THEN take the crowd out of the game with one of these Weis-scripted offensive series that have gone so well as far as chewing up yardage and moving us steadily, early in the game).
I'd like to see us work on (work OUT) problems such as TDs in the redzone, fewer careless penalties, and some life in our passing game (and work for the WRs!)--I don't think I need to explain why to anyone here.
Don't see our Muschamp-led team overlooking ANYONE on the schedule, certainly not an SEC-opponent; even if somehow "deep down" they figured they can beat them, only a real collapse would get us beat here--and we're on the road, which (as Meyer used to note) FOCUSES a team, has 'em all together and under the eye and influence of Coach Boom and the rest, so that's actually a PLUS in this case, I believe.
As for score, I think you have the general trends correct, maybe a bit of a slow start for us but soon a "wear 'em down and pull away" win. If we're a bit "off" and on our heels early, could even be a little worrisome in the 1st qrtr--but even then we end up winning big, say 38-16. If we can control the line of scrimmage from the start like I know we're capable of doing, shut down their rather meager offense with our nasty-and-getting-nastier defense, AND "kick-out-the-jams" on offense, well, NAME YOUR SCORE, in that event (I'll go with 56-7, IF we get rolling early).

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
In the event of the "NAME YOUR SCORE"-scenario, I only gave 'em that "7" 'cause I figured they'd put everything into scoring on us and breaking the shut-out against our third-string defenders. Maybe I SHOULD have made that a "3", in that case--but I was thinking under those conditions they'll be throwing for the endzone a LOT in the 4th qrtr. whenever they have the ball.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema