• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Jim McElwain's Contract Through 2022 (Muschamp Clause)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
(Actually, E-, lets face it: His record, and those first 2 years' hollow "SEC East Champions" thing fell on the "PLUS" side of the ledger, prob woulda been a big part in giving him at least "one more season", had all this other stuff not happened.)

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
(Actually, E-, lets face it: His record, and those first 2 years' hollow "SEC East Champions" thing fell on the "PLUS" side of the ledger, prob woulda been a big part in giving him at least "one more season", had all this other stuff not happened.)
Exactly. Without the death threat discussion, Mac would have come back next year. If Mac did lie about the death threats, then he earned a termination for cause without collecting $12.9M. If he is telling the truth about death threats and he failed to provide proof, then he is either abetting the felons who made the threats or impeding the investigation into felony, which makes him a liar. He made it easier to get rid of him without having to look at wins and losses.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Agreed, AND "Liked": That is exactly what I meant about finding "strange satisfaction" in noting how the flaws in complex, DEEPLY flawed individuals so often lead to their eventually having to face the CONSEQUENCES of those flaws.
The bigger, deeper, and more selfish the aims of such individuals, the bigger and more self-destuctive of that inevitable come-uppance, too, btw.
You may have noticed I am somewhat of a "half-empty" sorta guy, so this I offer as an example of what in me passes for "Hope". LOL

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
For me there is no hope. I am just numb. Florida was on top of the world a decade ago, and now we are fighting with FSU for the ignominious title of worst football program in the Sunshine State. Scott Stricklin needs to hire Touchdown Jesus or someone better. This is getting old.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
For me there is no hope. I am just numb. Florida was on top of the world a decade ago, and now we are fighting with FSU for the ignominious title of worst football program in the Sunshine State. Scott Stricklin needs to hire Touchdown Jesus or someone better. This is getting old.
Had to choose between "Like", "Agree" and "Funny" on this one, E-. Chose "Funny" because that's more than ever where I'm determined to head for the rest of this season. For us the main action will be OFF the field for the duration now, who we get and then on to recruiting--with NSA our next "Big Game". Unless the powers-that-be do something REALLY stupid OFF the field, I really DO intend to pass the rest of our ACTUAL games left on this schedule with the dry and the droll.

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
I’d actually love to see Strong come back with the Ole Ball Coach as OC. I read an article where he said he would love to just call plays and be an OC. Perhaps he gets his wish.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I’d actually love to see Strong come back with the Ole Ball Coach as OC. I read an article where he said he would love to just call plays and be an OC. Perhaps he gets his wish.
Oh THAT would be "FANTASYLAND"--and it'd not only be fun, it'd WORK too...for 2 or 3 years, then Charlie'd have to go looking for another OC. But for a bit awhile, it'd prob be a BLAST.
But back here in the sad, boring Real World, with everything I've heard this morning, by now I don't know WHAT to think:
Apparently SOMETHING happened in discussions with the early "top of list" candidates...At this point things have reportedly "RE-opened up" as far as who will be "talked to". Don't know how far "back to square one" things have gone, but "Square One" includes some pretty far and wide names. Google "next uf head coach" and check out the first 3 or 4 lists--it'le leave ya laughing AND your head spinning...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Make of it what you will, but I am now starting MY "prognosticating" re "The Next Coach" from here: Strong could have/could have HAD (choose one) the job if he were ready to take it NOW--But whether he somehow flip-flopped at the crucial moment or turned it down entirely, the decision seems to have slipped past him, moved on...The same sources who first said it was "his if he wants it" are now talking about similar-but-distinct versions of "coming down to one of three guys". Fortunately, most of us would be OK with a pretty similar list ourselves: Kelly, Frost and Mullen. The interesting part (to me anyway) is the background info we are hearing now about the history, personality factors and resulting backroom politics that apparently will play/are playing a big part in the outcome. So much so that there is always the possibility that in the end it might be NONE OF 'EM--ego, stubborness, old issues and resentments left over from lingering turf wars could lock up and produce someone currently outside the insiders' "first-choices" and "done-deals".
Trouble is, it could ALSO lead to another MISTAKE.
My dad (an Air Force flag-level officer, btw) had a saying, "A camel is a horse designed by a committee."
Use that one a lot, 'cause too often sums up the problem. You feel me here, brothers?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema