• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Jeff Driskel video

JvilleJohnny

from OGGOA

OGGOA reader Austin Hittel sent in a personal video he made of new Florida five-star 2011 quarterback commitment Jeff Driskel (Oviedo, FL) after watching him play a few games this season. Driskel actually sat down with Austin and helped him film some additional scenes for the short, which is both well-produced and executed nicely. With National Signing Day less than a month away and Driskel already on campus, we figured this is something you, our readers, would be interested in. If you have any thoughts for Austin, leave them in our comments section.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcJXHw0Ubuc&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Jeff Driskel High School[/ame]

EXCELLENT VIDEO!:gator:

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Very nice! I like this kid, not only for his obvious football skills, but also the way other players on the team seem to respond to him and his comfort level in front of cameras and scout scrutiny.

awebbf5

VIP Member
Very nice! I like this kid, not only for his obvious football skills, but also the way other players on the team seem to respond to him and his comfort level in front of cameras and scout scrutiny.

yeah sorda seems like hes got a little bit of timmy in him with having a team rally around him. I sure hope muschamp lets him start hes already better than brantley.

Escambia94

yeah sorda seems like hes got a little bit of timmy in him with having a team rally around him. I sure hope muschamp lets him start hes already better than brantley.

Brantley is fearless! When you see him curling up into a little ball during the onslaught of the defense he is not really cowering in fear--he is actually praying to Allah. He is just misunderstood. He has the strength to pray when he feels it is time to pray. You Americans don't understand Muslims. Besides, we wouldn't want to hurt Brantley's feelings by not letting him play, would we?

Please note the sarcasm above where applicable.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I guess it depends on where u look but I swear driskel is only a for star recruit

Yeah, that's been an issue since during the season--he's the top-rated QB in his class according to every recruiting service, yet I think Rivals and at least one other (who always tends to FOLLOW Rivals) had him at 4-stars and has never re-evaluated that rating, even though he has accomplished and progressed so much more, filled out and played with and against top talent in Under Armor, etc. and shown so much else long since then. It may mess with our over-all rankings in rating our recruiting class, but aside from that it really is meaningless--he is the BEST, you can SEE his talent and how far he's come so quickly, and he is a GATOR.

Jack&Dew

Gator Fan
I like the guy. He has very deceptive speed which is a good thing. This is what I liked about Harvin, it looked like he was going to get tackled but then he would just glide on by the defender. I noticed this with Driskel on the video several times. I am excited to see what he can do for the Gators.

Go Gators!

Gatorfan24

Gator Fan
When he lined up at receiver, it made me think of the versatility of Trey Burton, but hopefully he has the team leader qualities like Tim had

Escambia94

I guess it depends on where u look but I swear driskel is only a for star recruit

There are a couple explanations. 1. One of the sites that lists him as a 4-star is run by FSU alums. They purposely handicap any known Gator commit. The other sites that rate him at 4 derive their ratings from these guys. The other sources all list him at 5 stars. 2. He is listed as a pro-style, but his team was so bad that he ran a lot, so some scouting sites will say that they lacked the data to give him 5 stars. They think he was over-rated due to inferior talent...even though he looked good in all his all-star games and talent combines.

Gatorfan24

Gator Fan
You know, even if he is a 4 star prospect, I don't care. I'm glad that someone has come to take Brantley's spot at QB.

bluemoon22

Gator Fan
[YOUTUBE][ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr40G7G6cfQ&hd=1"]YouTube - Jeff Driskel 2011 Under Armor All American Game Highlights [HD][/ame][/YOUTUBE]

Here are his highlights from the Under Armour All American game. Driskel is sick and he had a hell of a game in the Under Armour Game. He is the total package...fast, big, athletic, tough to bring down, and has amazing arm strength. You can see his athletic ability and arm in the very first play in the highlight video. He somehow escapes the pocket and delivers a nice ball on the run.

At about 1 minute and 5 seconds in the video, he launches a ball on the run and off balance on one foot for about 60 yards right on target...the WR dropped the ball, but that's not his fault. That is all you need to see to know he has a rocket for an arm.

He shows his ability to run through defenders, run by defenders, and then the speed to be able to house it in his highlight at around 3 minutes and 20 seconds.

Anyways, can't wait to see him on our sidelines.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yeah, he is a STUD, no doubt about it.
After the experiences with first Cam and now JB, we've been hit over the head with reminders that you never know how things will go in real life and you sure can't count on ANYTHING, but with this kid and this staff I just feel Driskel is the genuine article, our quarterback and LEADER over the next few years--THE ONE, barring injury. All the skills--plus a certain calm PRESENCE.
It's that last that "closes the deal" for me; it is the young man who pulls the team to him, makes it his own, that will lead them where we all are hoping they're headed. We have seen the two extremes with the last two quarterbacks: #15 had it (to the MAX), #12 did not--and in between there was Cam Newton, who glaringly lacked it when he was with us but somehow subsequently found it for someone else. They ALL were talented, had their own mix of demonstrable skills, but look at the difference when "IT" isn't there!
It's great that Brisset will be there to push him, and ideally he also will come along, redshirt and eventually back up Driskel, and then follow him to stardom his Junior (if Driskel goes pro early) or Senior year, but for now I just feel it's Driskel who is clearly the total package, ready to explode.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema