• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

It's official! Magic release Billy

rawdog

VIP Member
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/6875046?MSNHPHMA

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - Billy Donovan is out in Orlando, and his cold feet could cost both him and the Magic.

The Magic finally let Donovan out of a $5.5 million annual deal late Wednesday night after news broke days ago he was having second thoughts. Donovan may have stained a good reputation built on two straight championships at Florida.

"I have had and will continue to have the highest respect for the Orlando Magic, its organization, and its ownership," Donovan said in a statement. "I realized in less than 24 hours after signing a contract with the Magic that I had made a mistake that had nothing to do with the Magic. Instead, I realized that, in my heart, I belonged in college basketball. As soon as I realized that, I contacted the Magic immediately to let them know.

In order to facilitate getting out of the contract with the Magic, Donovan suggested a non-compete clause in which he will not be able to take another NBA job in the next five years.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema