• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

In defense of Urban Meyer

Urban Meyer should be remembered as a:

• other: explain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Escambia94
I've had a good feeling about Muschamp since he got here, and everything that has occurred since, especially the way he has both gathered "the branches of his tree" AND dealt with the many "curves" and disadvantages thrown his way (more than I think even we were aware were in play before he got here) has ratified and further strengthened my confident impression of where he can take us. This idea of "the size and strength of his tree" is a really apt and interesting way of envisioning the long-term potential involved--in fact, at some later time perhaps we can apply it across-the-board, to our own and rivals' relative success, how high and how long...For now, I think you're dead on in it being the key to the outlook for his time here at UF. In fact, I'll take the metaphor one step further, and predict that here and elsewhere, it will be the strength of the roots of that tree that will make the difference--and it takes time for roots to take hold and grow deep, so they can hold up a tree great and strong for a long time to come. Some of that is within his own control, and some is not--the same can be said for all of us, the coaches that share his vision and are committed to it, the players they carefully chose to bring in and work with, the students, fans, and boosters that support them, and the administration that pays his and his staff's salaries. The sooner all the parts are "pulling in the same direction", and the longer they remain committed to stay that way, well, you can see how that "organism" will grow, healthier and stronger, over time. The question remains: Are all the "resources", in time, patience, mutual support, trust and loyalty here in sufficient quantity to sustain that growth for the necessary period of time, as we struggle to grow and eventually flourish "above ground", for the world to see?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema