• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

I like the cut of this new guy, Will Muschamp

G8RB8R

VIP Member
I watched the 6:30pm press conference on TV tonight, and I must say, I found very little that I did not like about him. In fact, I really did not see ANYTHING I did not like. Numerous times he spoke of "stretching the field" - a personal favorite of mine and my biggest gripe with Urban. He stressed that fact numerous times. I also much appreciated the fact that he spoke very very highly of Wilber Marshall and the 1982 UF-USC game. The man was a monster in his time. Again, his defensive strengths were evident.

Body language says alot about him, too. The man is wound up like he is ready to explode! Jeez, I LOVE that! He said enough words in 30 minutes, that would take others 60 minutes to say the same things. It's not that he was nervous which caused him to speak so fast, it is his exurberance & enthusiasm. I get the feeling from watching him, that he just can't wait to get out on the playing field and start evaluating the players. Much the same way Spurrier did when he first arrived in 1990. This guy is going to cut thru the chaffe like a hot knife in butter.

Side note - Pay Dooley in the conference (at least I think it was Pat Dooley) made the stupidest remark about Muschamp and Tony Lilly, inferring that Lilly was a dirty player (Muschamp had said earlier he used to pretend he was Tony as ki9d playing football). That was how he preferenced his question to Muschamp. I couldn't believe I heard those words come out of his mouth. It seemed to shock everyone there. What a dumb thing to say.

I like Will Muschamp....perhaps he really is the man for the job.:gator:

InkedAdrenaline

VIP Member
I cant believe it, but I second that!...trust u will not meet a bigger urban fan than me but Muschamp talks the talk and hopefully he walks the walk on the field next year....Im pumped....now we just need 8 months to fly by lol

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I'll say it again. I'm excited. I'm stoked.

Don't mistake that for "E-94 is happy to get rid of Urban Meyer". I am also a big Urban fan. I can remember a fired up Urban before December of 2009. Sure, he did not have the same exuberance as Muschamp, but it was still an exciting time until Tebow left. Now I have a reason to be happy again.

Just remember that this really is a rebuilding year, so let's manage our expectations. Give Muschamp a year to build this program up. Expect a 7-5 year. Expect some growing pains. Let's have fun watching Muschamp grow into the position.

austingator

Gator Fan
I completely agree that we need to have realistic expectations going into next year. Fortunately for us the East looks like it will be down again next year. If we can get a little lucky here and there we might even be able to win it. A big question I have is who will be our QB next year and at what point will Driskel play?

Escambia94

I actually think the East will be more competitive than last year. My assumptions:
- Alabama in the West is going to lost a ton of seniors and a few juniors to the NFL.
- Auburn in the West is going to lose all of its good players...okay, just one named Cam Newton.
- Marcus Lattimore is going to continue being a beast in the East.
- Tennessee in the East will continue to get better under Derek Dooley.
- Florida in the East will be right behind South Carolina...again...but, not for long.

Coach BOOM! stated that he wanted a pro-style offense, which clearly puts Brantley in the driver's seat. Driskel is listed as a pro style in some scouting reports, a dual-threat in others. Either way, I see him be versatile in either role based on what I saw at the ESPN high school QB challenge, which means that even though he had planned on running a spread-option here he could pick up the pro-style. Either way, he will push Brantley to perform better. I see Driskel in a limited role, but MusCHOMP is more likely to start a freshman if the freshman clearly outperforms the senior. That's a hard thing to predict without knowing who the OC is and to what degree Coach BOOM! delegates personnel. My guess is that it will be Brantley, with Driskel in mop-up duty against Vanderbilt and the Division 2 teams.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
So far, so good--with this presser I'm diggin' on MusCHOMP too.
(BTW, us "Gators-in-Texas" can tell y'all that, predictably, that is NOT how the local radio guys spun that press conference: "Stuttering, stumbling, unsure of himself...unimpressive, uninformative, trying to just say a bunch of unrelated things that might please the Gator fans, who'll be on him soon as he starts losing...insulting to Mack Brown and a slap in the face to all the Longhorn fans who once believed in him..." You get the idea. Just makes me all the more certain: Folks, we got a good one!)

Escambia94

It will be interesting to hear the Short Horn fans when I get back to Texas. I'm guessing that if the fans and media are up in arms then there is absolutely no way we get Applewhite. We may have ignited a recruiting war as well.

austingator

Gator Fan
As of yesterday afternoon, the local ESPN radio station here in Austin has Applewhite staying at Texas as the OC.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema