• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

I hope this isn't true

Leakfan12

VIP Member
There's a rumor that Braxton Miller might go to the SOW. Man I hope not though it depends what Mr. Crablegs decides to do. Also Happy New Year.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
There's a rumor that Braxton Miller might go to the SOW. Man I hope not though it depends what Mr. Crablegs decides to do. Also Happy New Year.

In the past month Braxton Miller has been rumored to go to the following schools:
  • Ohio State
  • Oregon
  • Duke
  • Florida State
The Internet has not been very reliable as far as viable rumor intelligence (RUMINT). If I were in his shoes, I would transfer to Oregon and follow behind a better Heisman winner and better offensive scheme.

Mr. Rapist/Crablegs/Scrong should enter the NFL Draft, because the media are onto his shenanigans and will not let FSU or TPD hide any more of this missteps.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Ditto to above (ie. BOTH posts regarding Miller). Might be a lot of post-season "musical chairs", all over the college football map--players AND coaches, if the last coupla weeks are any hint of what's to come.
Btw, along those lines, it kinda gets to me the way Muschamp is somehow garnering more media buzz now as Auburn's new DC (eg. all over net right now, "Muschamp Up In Box For Auburn In Outback") than he did lately here at UF. Not blaming him, of course--just bitchin' about the same ol' crap, everyone so quick and willing to banish US to the Irrelevancy Zone. 'Course, whomever you wanna blame, we made it easy for 'em last coupla seasons...

Leakfan12

VIP Member
In the past month Braxton Miller has been rumored to go to the following schools:
  • Ohio State
  • Oregon
  • Duke
  • Florida State
The Internet has not been very reliable as far as viable rumor intelligence (RUMINT). If I were in his shoes, I would transfer to Oregon and follow behind a better Heisman winner and better offensive scheme.

He can look into those schools because he graduated (I'm guessing because he can't if he didn't get his degree). I agree Oregon looks like the best option.

Escambia94

Ditto to above (ie. BOTH posts regarding Miller). Might be a lot of post-season "musical chairs", all over the college football map--players AND coaches, if the last coupla weeks are any hint of what's to come.
Btw, along those lines, it kinda gets to me the way Muschamp is somehow garnering more media buzz now as Auburn's new DC (eg. all over net right now, "Muschamp Up In Box For Auburn In Outback") than he did lately here at UF. Not blaming him, of course--just bitchin' about the same ol' crap, everyone so quick and willing to banish US to the Irrelevancy Zone. 'Course, whomever you wanna blame, we made it easy for 'em last coupla seasons...

What? The media loved Muschamp as Florida head coach. Most folks were rooting for him to succeed at coaching the team he rooted for as a kid. The positive media support helped keep him around after the loss to Georgia Southern. I detailed Muschamp's downfall in the Driskel thread.

To sum up what I said in that thread, Muschamp or any other young coach was doomed to fail at Florida ever since Meyer's coaching staff fell apart in 2009.

The media will support him as Auburn DC as well, because he will fix that defense before he decides to leave and become a head coach.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
What? The media loved Muschamp as Florida head coach. Most folks were rooting for him to succeed at coaching the team he rooted for as a kid. The positive media support helped keep him around after the loss to Georgia Southern. I detailed Muschamp's downfall in the Driskel thread.

To sum up what I said in that thread, Muschamp or any other young coach was doomed to fail at Florida ever since Meyer's coaching staff fell apart in 2009.

The media will support him as Auburn DC as well, because he will fix that defense before he decides to leave and become a head coach.
(Later) Mmmm...One more thought (as the Rose Bowl kicks off here...don't know bout y'all, but just can't bring myself to do anything BUT root against FSU in a game like this one...I'm a "Florida boy", born'n'bred--but I'm a "FLORIDA boy", a GATOR forever, thru'n'thru, and just cannot fight the gut-level sour attitude towards everyone and everything 'Nole-related...Still, interestingly enough I feel similar hostility even more strongly with respect to Meyer's OSU squad: Despite the fact that it's against Saban and the Tide, of all people, I may be a lot more into watching that one):
With respect to E-'s main point above, that ANY incoming coach was bound to fail post-Meyer, I understand and even somewhat agree and accept the basic premises upon which his conclusion is based--I just am not so sure it is the case, that there was NO way to "recover, re-establish, build and win" here then. Would have been difficult, harder than we understood at the time (most of us knew and said "the cupboard was bare" at the time, for eg., but how badly and the circumstances of that "bareness", among them and especially that neither the highly-touted QBs we had nor the "future sure-stars" we recruited right after would pan out, not ONE), but it is certainly the case that in ways we didn't, maybe COULDN'T recognize at the time, Muschamp was definitely the wrong guy at the wrong time. Maybe he COULD have been the "RIGHT guy" later, after both he AND us had been through all of that and more, each with other people, in other places. Who knows? But this is exactly why I don't generally dwell on or examine things that way: It doesn't MATTER now. Everyone made the decisions they did, what happened happened, and we all go on from here.
If there's an important "lesson" that we can learn from all of that, one that could help us now and in the future, it is the same one that everyone should ALWAYS either be learning or remembering once more, a group of lessons, really: "Be cold, hard, clear-eyed honest with yourselves, understand your goals and the main things standing in your way from the start, and no matter how strongly you feel about ANY of it, be ready, willing and able to be flexible, adapt and change any and/or all of it as conditions and your understanding of them evolve."

Escambia94

In most years I would root for FSU. I was even happy for Jameis Winston's success before I found out about his bad behavior. Shooting BB guns at windows, and getting away with it? Stealing food from Burger King, and getting away with it? Stealing food from Publix, and getting away with it? I can forgive all of that and attribute that to "boys will be boys". Yes, I firmly believe he did all of that, and that he got away with it. What I cannot support is his alleged rape and confirmed lack of respect for women. Even if I assume he was innocent of rape, we all know he does not respect women and that he is one beer or one dare away from raping a co-ed, girlfriend, acquaintance, or actual cleat chaser. It is a travesty that the FSU, Tallahassee, and Leon law enforcement allow the athletes to get away with so much. Meanwhile, at UF, Gainesville, and Alachua law enforcement nail athletes for every little thing.

On a related topic, Gator athletes do not have dedicated athletic dorms due to a 1991 NCAA ruling that bans athletic dorms. Athletes at UF can stay in Sledd Hall, Tolbert Hall, the Keys Residential Complex, Lakeside Residential Complex and Springs. Meanwhile, FSU and Oklahoma are building...athletic dorms. FSU is almost done with a $7M athletic residential area. Oklahoma just finished a $70M athletic residential development.

I find it interesting that everyone else can bend or outright break NCAA rules, but the minute Florida bends a rule all the other schools in the area turn us in. There is one reason of many that Florida is falling behind in the college sports arm race.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema