• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

how do we play for the sec

awebbf5

VIP Member
If georgia loses once and so does tennessee how does that put us for playing for the sec,granted we beat south carolina,they would have the same amount of losses as we do.Can somebody explain.

zyonuf79

Gator Fan
So, I am guessing it goes like this. UF, UGA and UT are all 5-3 then we will get it since UT is ahead of UGA based on a head to head win and we are ahead of UT based on a head to head win. It won't matter if UGA beat us since we beat UT and UT beat UGA.

GatorsDiva21

Hayley Loves her gators
Ofcourse there's a chance for our gators!!!! remember when what I said, "ever since I've been watching gator football, one thing I learned and that is NEVER count out florida" ;) we're going and thats that!!! cuz I say so LOL ;) Arkansas is gonna beat tennessee, darren mcfadden is gonna have a huge game against them. And ewww on both georgia and auburn, but aurburn will beat them, so there ya go, buy your tickets to atlanta ;)

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
I was wondering this same thing. What zyonuf said sounds right, but I can't imagine the rankings being based on speculation like that. I thought it came down to points scored or something?

djg8tr22

VIP Member
Well where we get screwed is if UT loses 2 times and UGA only loses once. Cuzz then tht would make it a head to head instead of a 3 way.

GatorsDiva21

Hayley Loves her gators
Well where we get screwed is if UT loses 2 times and UGA only loses once. Cuzz then tht would make it a head to head instead of a 3 way.
There's only one team left on there schedule that can ruin there chances, and thats arkansas, tenn I beleive will beat vandy, but what if this....tenn loses to arkansas and vandy?? but you have georgia playing a very tuff aurburn team, and a kentucky team that was ranked 8th when we beat them, sorry to say but kentucky wasn't ranked 8th just cause.... so I'm thinking tenn and georgia could possible lose there next 2 games.

djg8tr22

VIP Member
No Kentucky was not really the 8th best team in the nation when we beat them. The polls had no choice but to move them up that high after beating LSU. Besides that game who else have they beaten this year?? And Auburn will wipe the floor with UGA. As for Tenn, I think UK poses a nice threat to beat them just because of the style of play they had it is alot like Floridas and as we all know we scored 59 points on Tennesse this year.

gator rob

Gator Fan
How It Breaks Down

Florida Has A Big Chance. Florida Must Win At Sc First. Georgia Must Lose One Game To Either Au Or Uk. Then We Are In Because We Beat Tenn. The Same Win / Lost Record Will Not Matter Because We Have Only Lost One Game In The East. If We Lose To Sc Georgia Must Lose To Both Sec Teams And Tenn Has To Lose One More Sec Game. But Check This Out. If Florida Loses To Sc And Tenn Loses Their Sec Games And So Does Georgia, Vandy Makes It Ha Ha Ha!! Anyway, The Gators Have A Big Chance To Make It!!!! And That Is All They Need To Focus On. Go Gators!!!!!

djg8tr22

VIP Member
Tennessee has to only lose one game for us to get in. They have 2 loseable games upcoming. And I agree we have to handle our business against a good SC team this week and not let our young players worry about what everyone else is doing or what other teams have to do.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema