• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Head coach Urban Meyer fined $30K by SEC

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Kindness of Lane Kiffin, Bobby Petrino and Dan Mullen, Coach Meyer is forced to pony up $30K for his comments about a call during the WLOCP. That really burns me up; the others only got reprimands but Meyer got hit in the pocket. Still, Kiffin better keep his big mouth shut if he knows what's good for him.

Yet only one crew (Marc Curles et al) were suspended by the SEC for poor gametime judgment - IMO Mike Slive should start holding SEC officials to a higher standard of accountability for the calls made during a game. Then, coaches won't face penalties from the league for questioning calls (or the lack of).

It works both ways, Commish.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
That's BS. I'm sick and tired of coaches and players getting by fined the leagues for taking shots at the refs. Coaches and players can't fined the media or us the fans for that (thank goodness). Make better calls you zerbas.

GatorBa!t

Gator Fan
The SEC needs there asses kicked....30K are u serious?!?!? This pisses me off coaches are held accountable for there bad calls why aren't officials, its not like he was slamming the SEC officials he was simply pointing out a play where there should be a penalty....even if you were going to fine him, i would say 10k at the most....absurd....I'm not liking these new policies...Mark Slive can go screw himself...

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
I posted a link to an article Buddy Martin wrote today at GC; he's basically putting the onus on Mike Slive to avoid caving in to the whims of the media and address the issues concerning SEC officials this season.

I honestly think the fine levied against Coach Meyer was bullshit, especially considering Lane Kiffin started all this nonsense in the first place with his buffonery and running his big mouth so much, and also that he, Dan Mullen and Bobby Petrino were merely reprimanded for calling out the officials over botched and/or absent calls earlier this season.

If media types like Tim Brando and Paul Finebaum can't stand Urban Meyer, then too damn bad. Just because Coach Meyer won't grant either of them interviews (and after all the vitriol they've been spewing, he'd likely give them short shrift if he decided to talk to either of them), they act petulant, unprofessional, and like immature children keep the rumor mills turning. They're only making themselves look ridiculous.

The whole crux of the matter lies with the ineptitude of the SEC officiating crews, and that's where Slive needs to get things corrected. Fine and/or suspend them, not the coaches who are only looking out for the best interest of their teams and maintaining the integrity of the game.

And screw the media, too.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I blame Lame Kitten for this whole mess. SEC officiating was almost as crappy last year, but we are getting more even more negative attention thanks to that punk and more pressure on the commish to be more vocal. I liked it better when SEC was less vocal, less political, and less knee-jerk reactionary.

stonythegator

Gator Fan
Things have gone downhill since Kiffin came into the picture. What's worse is that Coach Meyer has been the victim of attacks that have no grounding or no concrete stance. How can you talk out of one side of your mouth, and then turn around and slap a 30k fine on something that was not meant to criticize or down?

I think Coach Meyer is way to successful. Anytime an SEC coach becomes a dominating force in college football, they are attacked. I've never understood this trend. Why is our conference always being attacked? I guess when you have somebody like Kiffin running around, a bad apple is suppose to spoil the bunch.

This whole situation is a crying shame. They know better than that. They just need to get over it and let Coach Meyer have his due. I have yet to find anyone, anywhere that says this fine had credible reasons. I think Coach Meyer is used to this sort of thing. I certainly would be. Jealousy and envy of Coach Meyers seems to be big thing these days.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Not only the SEC but also NCAA at least with the harsh punishment of Dez Bryant. OK he deserved a few games suspension for lying but not the whole season plus that Oregon thug will be able to return.

stonythegator

Gator Fan
I haven't really kept up to much with the whole NCAA. My games are mostly limited to Big 12 and SEC. I haven't seen very much on sports news this year. Been a busy year.

However, it is shocking to know that this is going on everywhere. I wonder if they know this trend is going on or if they just don't care? I for one can not see how they can live with this crap. I would rather want to be known as doing my best for my sports programs as opposed to just pissing everyone off.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema