• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

he(15)man or he(1)sman

preachinGator

VIP Member
What are your thoughts on Tebow or Harvin concerning the next Heisman? I think it is going to be harder for Tebow to win this year because our team is more diversified. It will still be possible but with Harvin 's abilities, he willbe the more likely candidate.

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
It would be very hard for Harvin to win a Heisman when Tebow is on the team. Tebow gets so much national attention that he would almost be a lock based on reputation alone. It would take a down year by Tebow or some insane Reggie Bush type numbers by Percy for him to win one.

All things equal I think the edge would go to Tebow because he is the quarterback and because he is Superman.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
I think Tebow has a better shot consider he has too many athletes in the receive position not to use like Murphy, CI, Cooper, Rainey, and possible C. Moore. Beside is Harvin has a good year more likely so will Tebow.

preachinGator

VIP Member
I think Tebow has a better shot consider he has too many athletes in the receive position not to use like Murphy, CI, Cooper, Rainey, and possible C. Moore. Beside is Harvin has a good year more likely so will Tebow.

Now this makes a lot of sense. I still believe Tebow will have to have a phenomenal season with his own stats also.

Swampman

VIP Member
This could be like USC a few years ago. Leinart won it in 2004, then Bush in 2005. Matt Leinart had an awesome year, but maybe since he won it the year before the voters didn't want to ever award another back-to-back winner.

preachinGator

VIP Member
If Tebow wins the he15man it will be because he has a commanding year at RUNNING the offense by spreading the ball around AND Harvin has to share the glory with the rest of the "O" .

Susie

Gator Fan
This could be like USC a few years ago. Leinart won it in 2004, then Bush in 2005. Matt Leinart had an awesome year, but maybe since he won it the year before the voters didn't want to ever award another back-to-back winner.

I couldnt agree more. I think that they would have a hard time giving it to Tebow again just for the simple fact of if he explodes in his senior year then he would have the possiblity of being the first 3-time winner. And most of the ego maniacs didnt want to give it to Tebow b/c he was a sophomore... so I am sure they wouldnt want to give it to him for him to have another 1st.

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
But you can't predict that a player will be back for his senior year nowadays.

If the Gators have a winning season and make a BCS game and/or if Tebow has stats comparable to last year, there is no way they can give it to anyone else.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema