• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Guess who's been accused of illegal recruiting?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
On the one hand, we can sympathize with the Big Ten coaches' rude awakening to his true nature: riding to the rescue of tOSU's troubled program in their time of need, talking of honor and values in his new role as "Dean of coaches", then turning out to show utter contempt of any idea they had of honor, trust or tradition when it might impede his efforts to gain competitive advantage...On the other hand, you have to laugh and wonder at their naivite--what did they expect?
I mean, all you had to do was see how he cynically and manipulatively engineered first his "retirement", rather than face the consequences of his own missteps, then his covert arranging of his next job from within the offices of the Program he hadn't yet left--keeping it secret as long as possible while he arranged taking certain coaches and as much recruiting info as he could get before publicly "accepting" that new position. All the other stuff, the rampant legal and behavioral problems among his players that went minimally punished, the "Top-Rated Classes" that turned out busts 'cause all the talented losers, prima donnas and 5-star clowns couldn't or wouldn't measure up when reality set in--and ended up way down the depth chart and/or transferring out within a couple of years--it's all part of a trend that began to deepen and overtake earlier success.
It got worse and worse as time went on here at UF--and in direct relation to his very talented assistants moving on to their own Head Coaching jobs: hardly a coincidence. In fact, there is a certain air of desperation around Urban Meyer now: I think he is driven to try every trick in the books, anything he figures he can safely "get away with" pushed right to the limit. By now even he suspects the "magic" was in the group, a synergy of smart young guys-on-the-make who he put together and oversaw at just the right time--and they came to just the right place right then to do it.
Now he's got to fabricate some "reasonable facsimile thereof" essentially on his own, where he is. If you think this guy is gonna "play fair" to satisfy you or any unwritten code that can't be enforced, rather than take an opportunity that might help him beat you, you are just fooling yourself. I may have come to think he's a phony and a sh*t, but given the situation, I'm not surprised--and figure ya gotta be a damn fool to have expected anything else.
Hell, I figure that's what the Buckeyes are PAYING him for--as long as it works.

Block O

URBAN OHIO ERA BEGINS
Bielema is just a bit jealous. I think he just sat on his fat butt and expected recruits to come to him. Last I checked their class was in the 60's behind schools like Syracuse, Boise State, and Toledo.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Bielema is just a bit jealous. I think he just sat on his fat butt and expected recruits to come to him. Last I checked their class was in the 60's behind schools like Syracuse, Boise State, and Toledo.

and whose been the Big Ten champs the last two years. Hint not the Suckeyes.

Block O

URBAN OHIO ERA BEGINS
and whose been the Big Ten champs the last two years. Hint not the Suckeyes.

Well to be fair we did beat the Badgers this year with one of the worst Ohio State teams in the last 10 years or so. And the previous year, although it was vacated we did in fact beat Arkansas in the Sugar while Bucky was embarrasing itself vs. the Horned Frogs in the Rose. Bulimia is no Barry Alvarez, that is for sure.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema