• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

General Game plan

greggcowan

VIP Member
I hear people comment all of the time on how Tebow is used too much. I understand their point, but he is what he is and it obviously works. Here is what I have noticed even moreso than that.

Does anyone else wonder why James, Fayson and Moore aren't used in the running game much at all? I mean....give a running back a chance to get hot! It would add so much to what they already do. If you look at other similar spread offenses in the country there is one reoccuring factor...A big time tail back. It just seems to me that we make ourselfs one dimensional with Tebow and Harvin.

That said.... what is the story on this running back who transfered from USC?

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
Emmanuel Moody. Transferred from USC;that's why he couldn't play this year. He'll play in 2008. He should be pretty good, but I'm not sure how good.

GatorBait15

Gator Fan
Moody is suppose to be the real deal, they are saying he will take a huge load off Tebow and might take Tebows 2nd heisman chance away, but I think it's Harvins turn for the heisman anyway!

tunaboat

Gator Fan
Mon Williams will also be up, hopefully he can stay that way and avoid futher injury. When he's healthy he's a freight train. With Moody and Williams in the backfield we should give opponents fits with the run game. I'm sure the O line will play much better than that big steamer they laid on the field in the Cap 1 bowl.

shandsgator8

VIP Member
Fayson was apparently not on Meyer's good side. This was the case with Wynn from last year. Apparently, Meyer didn't like Wynn's lazy practices or something like that.

As for Moore, he fumbled the ball way too much. I'm guessing that's why Meyer didn't give him the ball more (no pun intended).

tunaboat

Gator Fan
If Moore didn't fumble so much he would have been a major contributor the last couple of years. Too bad, he's a good guy and the problem may cost him from making the next level. He runs hard and gives it his all, I wish things were turning out different for Moore. Maybe next year, but I'm afraid this year was the one he should have put a stamp on. He'll have one helluva lot more competition at running back next year with Mon, Moody and Rainey seeing the field, not to mention Cam coming in with and without Tebow under center. Our O should be scary good next year.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema