• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gators used off week to improve, Meyer says

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Got a bad feeling about this response...

We've heard all this before--some variation on it EVERY WEEK THIS SEASON.
Meanwhile, there's NOTHING about changing the approach to play CALLING in any way. Hope that's "part of the strategy"...
Lots has been said here about what appears to many of us as glaring mistakes on every level--scheme, play calling, personnel choices, O-line play, and so on.
One thing ought to be settled this weekend:
Urban Meyer has had 2 weeks to step in and actually enact the kinds of "changes" and "improvements" he's been talking about all season. This time he appears to be taking personal responsibility (I thought it was his all along, but now the intimation is that this time it's for real).
Now, I have my own thoughts on this (for one thing, what is likely to be accomplished in "preparing a team" to face a bitter rival that is dying to finally beat us in 2 weeks that apparently WASN'T possible with all spring and summer to "prepare" that same team to face Miami of Ohio?), but I'll put them aside (well, most of 'em...) for now, and try to hope for the best.
I try to temper my expectations. For me, "the best" would be real changes in the offense (in the areas noted), and a general "passion", the beginnings of team chemistry "catching fire" on BOTH sides of the ball. The rest will take care of itself.
If they come out confused , back on their heels, UNPREPARED again there'll be no hope at all--and no excuses, from the top on down, thankyou very much.

sammy

VIP Member
I believe Meyer and the Gators will be improved this week. I don't know by how much, but it can't get any worse. I think Meyer is 16-1 coming off the bye week and we should have Debose, Demps, Rainey and Sturgis back on the field.

The Zooker

VIP Member
I'm praying that Meyer inserts more input to playcalling. He definitely isn't taking it over like some hoped. But I think he had a long sit down with Addazio on what plays we need to be calling in certain scenarios. Meyer knows football (understatement right). He knows that Addazio has become formulaic and predictable. I have faith that he has pointed this out. I do not have faith however that Meyer will demote Addazio this season.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I am going to try something new this season. Instead of getting drunk after the game, I will get drink before the game and not care if we lose.

All the talk from the Coach about improving coaching and execution is great, but we have heard it all season. The changes that I think we will see are very minor and do not reflect the actions of a coach that just lost three successive games and won four ugly ones beforehand.

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
Everything they've said indicates no changes have been made.......
Such as more reps for Trey.... nope.
Change who runs the option....nah
I hope it's just a ploy to lull ga into planning a defense against the same team that lost to those other bulldogs.

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
Keep the faith ...........
Your pre-game strategy should be helpful.
icon10.gif

I am going to try something new this season. Instead of getting drunk after the game, I will get drink before the game and not care if we lose.

All the talk from the Coach about improving coaching and execution is great, but we have heard it all season. The changes that I think we will see are very minor and do not reflect the actions of a coach that just lost three successive games and won four ugly ones beforehand.
I am with you! My fiance' is a UGA grad.. i am not looking forward to this weekend....

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Listen to us! No matter where we look for hope and inspiration is more evidence that very little has or will change. If these impressions are correct, it's not only our record and state of our program THIS season that will be in trouble, but the questions will continue to mount regarding NEXT year and beyond. This is why this week is so important: if change has not begun even now, then when, Coach Meyer? And what exactly DO you have in mind?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema