• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gators Beat USF 38-14

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
The No. 8 Florida Gators beat the USF Bulls on Saturday in one of the hottest days in The Swamp ever by a final score of 38-14. Once again, the Gators started out slow and were actually losing 0-7 at the end of the first quarter and tied 7-7 going into halftime. We know South Florida would be tougher than Miami, but it wasn't supposed to be like this. The second half proved to be much better though, and the Gators put up 31 points to seal the victory.

Jeff Demps was the star of Saturday's game - Demps ran for a career-high 139 yards and a touchdown (a 62 yard run), and finished with 255 all-purpose yards. Rainey went out with a concussion, which opened up the kickoff return duties for Demps. I know he must get tired running so fast and so far. but man I wish they could give him the ball more. No one can catch him in open space.

"I've never had a game like that," said Demps, whose previous best rushing day was 129 yards against LSU in 2008. "It's pretty good I guess. ... It feels good. But at the same time, I'm not satisfied."

Mike Pouncey also look improved - I can't recall one bad snap into the ground. Seems all that extra practice he and Brantley put in during the week paid off. "This isn't just a one-week thing," said center Mike Pouncey, who had several poor snaps in the opener. "I'm going to keep doing it week in and week out."

John Brantley completed 18 of 31 passes for 172 yards and two touchdowns - one to Carl Moore and one to Jordan Reed. Deonte Thompson could have had a touchdown, but he didn't make the catch. Thompson still finished the game with 6 catches for 83 yards.

The Gator defense also played really well again, clocking four interceptions (Black 2, Trattou and Jenkins), a fumble recovery and one sack. The USF quarterback BJ Daniels played with a lot of heart. He only had 84 yards passing, but rushed the ball 17 times for 107 yards.

What did you think of the Gators play on Saturday vs. the Bulls? Were you satisfied with the offense? Do you think they're ready for Tennessee?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema