• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gators add two commitments; early look at the Top 25

travisduncan

Gator Fan
The Gators 2012 Class continues to grow and get stronger. Muschamp and his staff added commitments 11 and 12 this week.

ESPN has the Gators ranked fifth for the 2012 class at this point and all signs appear that they will not only hold position but continue to add the top talent in the country.

On Tuesday defensive back Brian Poole out of Southeast High School in Bradenton committed to the Gators, and Wednesday, Lorenzo Phillips out of Patterson, Louisiana gave his verbal to the Gators.

Poole had offers from the likes of Alabama, Florida State and Notre Dame. The 5-foot-11 defensive back is ranked as one of the Top 10 for his position in the nation.

Poole told ESPN, "I did some research on Coach Muschamp and the way he coached the corners. Texas always has a first-round cornerback and he's great with the secondary. Why wouldn't you want to go to a place where the head coach is that involved with the secondary?"

Poole also indicated in another interview that the chance to play right away factored into his decision. With Janoris Jenkins' early exit and the departure of Will Hill for the NFL, defensive back could be a weak spot for the Gators.

Lorenzo Phillips (in 2012 the team will have three players named Phillips, including Omari and Brad) is a 6-foot-1 linebacker who some say is undersized at 200 lbs, but Florida's conditioning program can take care of that. But he's fast, with a 4.46 in the 40.

He has an offer from LSU about 70 miles away but the Patterson, La. native (population 6,000 or so) but indicated in a recent interview he'd like to try somewhere new and head to Gainesville.

-Former Gator and Heisman Trophy winner Danny Wuerffel is undergoing treatment for Guillain-Barre syndrome, a rare disorder of the nervous system, according to the St. Pete Times.

The 37-year is expected to make a full recovery according to the report.

-Here's an rough draft of a Top 25, derived from information and a variety of other polls populated across the 'net. I will update as the summer progresses. Let me know where the holes are.

1. LSU

2. Oregon

3. Alabama

4. Oklahoma

5. Stanford

6. Oklahoma State

7. Wisconsin

8. Michigan State

9. Texas A&M

10. Boise State

11. Florida State

12. Arkansas

13. Auburn

14. Nebraska

15. TCU

16. South Carolina

17. Virginia Tech

18. Georgia

19. Arizona State

20. Texas

21. Florida

22. Notre Dame

23. Missouri

24. Mississippi State

25. West Virgina

I don't know how the season will go under Muschamp.

I think 8 wins is a reasonable goal. We know there are concerns about the offense and the ability to score. We hope Charlie Weis' and a new system will take advantage of some things, so we'll see. But it's fair to say given the level of play in the SEC the Gators will have some challenges so I think 21 is a fair spot for them at least in terms of preseason speculation.

Attachments

• 20101126_JM_Blue_Devils_Seminoles_0415_t607.jpg
    20101126_JM_Blue_Devils_Seminoles_0415_t607.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 75

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema