• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gator LB Dee Finley arrested

travisduncan

Gator Fan
Florida Gators linebacker Dee Finley, a redshirt sophomore, was arrested earlier Monday, on a felony charge of resisting arrest and also a misdemeanor charge of driving on a suspended license.

This isn't good.

According to the AP and other news sources, the arrest took place just outside of Ben Hill Griffin stadium on campus. Finley was on his scooter and tried to go past a barricade which had been setup.

A university police officer pulled him over and asked him for his license and registration. Finley tried to pull away saying he was late and then the officer grabbed Finley by the wrist. Finley resisted and then the officer pulled out a taser, after which he finally relented, was arrested and eventually booked.

His license is suspended for driving without a valid license both in Alabama and Florida.

At any rate one thing Muschamp wanted to rid the Gator program was its reputation for arrests and drug charges. While the charges for Finley began as traffic incident, the resisting arrest part of the incident is damning for Finely both legally and with the team you can imagine.

More information will follow as it becomes available.

travisduncan

Gator Fan
I agree a split second decision can mess things up for the kid.... Hopefully he can clear this up one way or another and continue his Gator football career.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I noted much the same things over on another thread when the news came in on my phone--nowhere near as calmly, though...I ALSO noted some of the "hazy" details coming in at the same time and my concerns not just with "head-case young players" but with over-eager young UPD officers as well, and some of the subsequent details show BOTH at work here. The kid will no doubt have to be "straightened out" here, Coach Boom has been pretty clear and proactive on this sort of selfish and stupidly unthinking behavior, but seems just as clear that the cop's behavior AND the resultant charges (felony "Resisting Arrest"? Come ON!) were inflated and unnecessary (the first always leads to the second, the Department covering its officer's and its OWN butts)...the "outstanding warrants" turn out apparently to have been dispensed with (past-due tickets unpaid, finally taken care of last week--but not having made it to the UPD's computer net; happened to me back when I was young and crazy and drove a Vette--I only drive a Firebird now, having matured heh heh ha ha hee hee (maniacal laugh)--but I had an attorney who made sure I had and carried a letter from each of the two states where warrants had originally been issued in my name--if you're not going to be reasonable, it pays to be smart--wait, let me write that down)...anyway, good ol' Huntley will get it all knocked down to a misdemeanor ticket-and-fine. Our Head Coach may not be as sympathetic.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema