• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

GameDay: Saturday Oct. 6 Gators vs. LSU Tigers (The Swamp)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
1/2 hour to go to kick-off...Guess it's time to put this thread up, gather my various foods and (uh) beverages around me here in my own version of "Saturday Command Central" (I'm sure most of you have your own) and, on a day like this one, against a foe like this one, and at such a pivotal point in our season--hell, in our re-emergence into the center of Big Time College Football--and basically just hunker down and get through this thing. Now that the reality is upon us, it is one of those moments that is almost too much, at least for me. I just care too damn much. For example, they're saying all kinds of good stuff about the Gators there on the CBS National Pre-Game Show ("...Let's face it, Florida is the most accomplished team coming into this game..."), but I almost can't listen to it I'm wrapped so tight..." We KNOW all that--let's get TO it!", my gut is screaming from below...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Shit...they're movin' the ball--and here's a flag...GOOD! Against LSU...good sign it's NOT us...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Flag on US now! Bostic...Stupid! F*CK! We had 'em backed up, now they're down in our end instead. Between penalties and that soft zone we're getting driven on here. (Elam makes a great stop, but we end up giving them a big 1st down instead--then they hit their third or fourth slant in-a-row and they're down near our 30...This is exactly how we can blow this game early!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
(A REALLY stupid call against Bostic, that barking over a player WAY after aplay) Meanwhile, we can't stop the short pass, it seems. Better get some prssure, hold them to 3.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OK...Let's see what the Hatter tries here...FG? Or fake? 3 pts. Could be worse--but we had them 3rd-and-17 back on their own 37, and let them out of it with that TERRIBLE penalty, just completely lame on Bostic's part. He's been the defensive play-caller while Easley was out, and done well, but that was just as stupid as it comes.
Alright...Let's see what Driskel and the offense has.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uh oh--y'all saw that snap...you know what that usually means..Debose finally makes a catch. Nice push by O-line for 1st down run.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Driskel looking sharp...to Dunbar this time, for 8...3rd again...Driskel draw for 1st D.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Pass rush kept him from having time to throw that one--otherwise a TD? Next play, MORE pressure--and Driskel can't throw it over the guy--BIG sack. Needs to get rid of it there...No chance there on 3rd and 18.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I agree with the announcers--Pourifoy was ready to fight ELAM for hitting him so hard in celebration on his coverage...this is the 2nd or 3rd eg of maybe our guys being TOO "high" for this game, at least at the start...Muschamp needs to get them settled down a bit, don't ya think?...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
SACK! Finally...thought he might be able to knock out the ball, blindside him...Good, 4th down deep in their end.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Anyone else wonder what's happened to our return-team? I guess it's another repercussion of "the disappearing Debose", but it seems both KOs and punt-returns are a nervous adventure of poor choices and zero-yard returns this year.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, there's a play they can put away for this week--the end around didn't fool ANYONE...Now a false start...Geez, we look just pitiful on offense here.. Driskel held it WAY too long here--if he doesn't have a man open, needs to throw it AWAY...seems to be back-sliding this week. We're moving backwards--and this LSU defense sure LOOKS like one of the best right now. Christy is our best weapon today. Can't score though. It's on OUR D to do it!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
No real rush on the punt--but no return set up either...Again: What happened to our punt-return game?!! With our punter giving us a chance at flipping field-position in a defensive struggle, that could make the difference here--but we have to go AFTER it, actually exploit one of the few openings we may have here today. I know, I know, the way we have won big games so far has been to keep it close in the 1st half, then adjust in the 2nd--but still, I'm concerned, heading into the 2nd qrtr.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema