• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

GameDay: Sat., Oct. 20--Gators vs. Gamecocks in The Swamp

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
What a game. I am still getting used to this style of play. It's great to be a Florida Gator!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
WEll--we COULDDA...VICTORY formation now--BIG WIN BOYS!
Now I'll say it: I believe we'll take care of business next week in Jacksonville--and if/when we DO, it's straight down the road to Atlanta and a real chance at the National Championship after ALL...and that will be the LAST time I say ANYTHING like that until sometime in December. In the MEANTIME, it's "One game at a time...one game at a time...one game at a time...wongaamattatymwongaatattatymewongaamattatymwongamattatym..."...all the way TO and THROUGH FSU!

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
Wtf was that w/ Steve there?

he is probably completely embarrassed as he should be. We beat them on Defense and Special Teams alone. I called it, too much excitement. Plus he is coming back to his alma mater and getting essentially SHOUT OUT, take away the BULLSHIT punt block penalty and we have saved them from putting 3 on the board. Refs sucked ass in my opinion, but Gators 2nd half adjustment proved to be legit. Regardless of the dumb announcers.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
What a game. I am still getting used to this style of play. It's great to be a Florida Gator!
Right on, E-. Seems it's a part of who we are, and that isn't a BAD thing--"winning ugly" is still WINNING, and we'll take it over ALL the flashy favorites the media guys keep setting out there, then having to make excuses for. Hell, step back, think about that 1st half, everything we went through--and in the 2nd half, NONE of it made ANY difference at ALL: we just BEAT THEIR BUTTS up and down the field! It's like a test, only we've already peaked at all the answers--shoot, we took a copy of 'em in there with us and just filled in the blanks! I'm not sure if "Cardiac Gators " or something like "Immortal -" or "UnKILLable -" Gators tells the tale...only that it's time even I stop worrying so much: This is as good a second-half team, in every way, that I have ever witnessed--and it is OURS!

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
Right on, E-. Seems it's a part of who we are, and that isn't a BAD thing--"winning ugly" is still WINNING, and we'll take it over ALL the flashy favorites the media guys keep setting out there, then having to make excuses for. Hell, step back, think about that 1st half, everything we went through--and in the 2nd half, NONE of it made ANY difference at ALL: we just BEAT THEIR BUTTS up and down the field! It's like a test, only we've already peaked at all the answers--shoot, we took a copy of 'em in there with us and just filled in the blanks! I'm not sure if "Cardiac Gators " or something like "Immortal -" or "UnKILLable -" Gators tells the tale...only that it's time even I stop worrying so much: This is as good a second-half team, in every way, that I have ever witnessed--and it is OURS!

ever think "winning ugly" might be in the playbook? seriously, some calls by Pease I havn't seen thus far. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Wtf was that w/ Steve there?

he is probably completely embarrassed as he should be. We beat them on Defense and Special Teams alone. I called it, too much excitement. Plus he is coming back to his alma mater and getting essentially SHOUT OUT, take away the BULLSHIT punt block penalty and we have saved them from putting 3 on the board. Refs sucked ass in my opinion, but Gators 2nd half adjustment proved to be legit. Regardless of the dumb announcers.

I agree; however, that's low class. I would expect more from him.
Are y'all talking about his angry demonstrations on the sideline over what he thought should have been penalty-calls against us their last time with the ball--or did I miss something there at the end? I mean--his team had EVERY opportunity to take this game over in the 1st half but literally FUMBLED that away...and it was OUR team, OUR coach's adjustments and players getting it DONE that overwhelmed THEM in the second-half. He HAS no complaints with ANYTHING--except possibly HIS coaching and/or his PLAYER'S failure to rise to the occasion...only I prefer to think of it (pretty damn accurately, I believe) as OUR coaches, team and players just BEATING the other team in the 2nd half once MORE. It's what we DO, and we're pretty damn reliably GOOD at it. ("IN YOUR FACE, SOS!!!") (OK--Now I go back to being fairly composed and "classy" myself.)

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
Are y'all talking about his angry demonstrations on the sideline over what he thought should have been penalty-calls against us their last time with the ball--or did I miss something there at the end? I mean--his team had EVERY opportunity to take this game over in the 1st half but literally FUMBLED that away...and it was OUR team, OUR coach's adjustments and players getting it DONE that overwhelmed THEM in the second-half. He HAS no complaints with ANYTHING--except possibly HIS coaching and/or his PLAYER'S failure to rise to the occasion...only I prefer to think of it (pretty damn accurately, I believe) as OUR coaches, team and players just BEATING the other team in the 2nd half once MORE. It's what we DO, and we're pretty damn reliably GOOD at it. ("IN YOUR FACE, SOS!!!") (OK--Now I go back to being fairly composed and "classy" myself.)

you missed something at the end, he signaled for the "camera" people to stay away from him, had a super-brief, if any contact with Muschamp and then ran away, not talking to a single reporter

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
ever think "winning ugly" might be in the playbook? seriously, some calls by Pease I havn't seen thus far. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Can't really argue at this point, NG...I mean, whenever things feel all messed up in the FIRST half, as long as we're not down by a whole BUNCH of points "we've got 'em right where we want 'em" going into the SECOND.
In fact, I'm not even sure I'd really know what "broke" LOOKS like--I've thought things were "broke" in the first half of every game this season, and in the game where this feeling was strongest, today's, in truth we had our largest lead so FAR going into the break...But where special teams saved us in the first half, it was what we did on BOTH side of the ball in the 2nd that told the real story. I'll say it again: I believe.

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
Can't really argue at this point, NG...I mean, whenever things feel all messed up in the FIRST half, as long as we're not down by a whole BUNCH of points "we've got 'em right where we want 'em" going into the SECOND.
In fact, I'm not even sure I'd really know what "broke" LOOKS like--I've thought things were "broke" in the first half of every game this season, and in the game where this feeling was strongest, today's, in truth we had our largest lead so FAR going into the break...But where special teams saved us in the first half, it was what we did on BOTH side of the ball in the 2nd that told the real story. I'll say it again: I believe.

seriously, i was texting about 3-4 gamecock fans during the game and all of them had the same "pre-game" argument. That was "you can't pass", so every time Driskel threw it, I texted them ....................

"WE DONT HAVE A PASS GAME, UNTIL WE PASS IT"

......... which to me speaks volumes on the doubt that Jeff gets, but he doesn't care, neither do we, we've seen his throw and his pass in coverage, barely, but we know he can. The less film the better, call it strategy, but I call it stopping what we do that IS on film. Get with us or get wrecked, GO GATORS

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
you missed something at the end, he signaled for the "camera" people to stay away from him, had a super-brief, if any contact with Muschamp and then ran away, not talking to a single reporter
Sorry I missed it--I'll check it out in a minute, I'm setting up my box to playback the postgame portion of the DRS-recording--I was typing here online AND sending that text by phone to my big-mouthed bud, that's what I get for "rubbing it in", I guess--HERE it is: Yeah, he acts like a baby, really--could have had a LITTLE class and complimented Coach Will a little more man-to-man fairly...and he's always courted and PLAYED the media when here in Gainesville--SOS LIKES his "place in Gator -lore", and with THIS loss it's maybe sinking in that it's just about gone...no one in that stadium CARES about all that anymore--all it means is MAYBE one more reason to enjoy beating him, and even THAT is losing significance--and certainly any "mystique", after this one...Now he just comes off like the ego-maniacal phony I've heard he is behind the scenes ANYHOW...I give him ALL the props for what he did for us, as a player AND a Head Coach, how he came in "riding to the rescue" at our low-point of NCAA persecution and cleared the scene (much as Muschamp would do, in his own way, all these years later), raised our team and program back up and brought us to new heights, but he CHOSE to move on to the NFL after the 20o3 season, elected NOT to come back (thank GOD, in retrospect) after failing there and instead went to a rival SEC-East program, looking for lower-expectations, which he's found--but don't start complaining NOW, SOS, 'cause IT AIN'T FLORIDA. I mean, we still take the best highschool players out of South Carolina, but HE'S not beating us out here in Fla.--so how does he THINK this is gonna go, over time? Does he really BELIEVE that he'll win based on HIS "coaching" alone? Here's his answer to THAT question: 44-to-11.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
WWEELLL--I'm gonna get dressed and go out for the first time since I broke my knee a couple of months back...My girlfriend and one of her stripper-friends down here visiting from Canada are taking me out to dinner, see a show downtown at the Paramount, then out to the Clubs, and, well...Hey, I've borrowed a friend's way-cool ivory-carved-skull-headed cane/antique walking stick (even has the twist-out hidden blade concealed in the handle) and I am REAL flexible, ya know?--and in a HELL of a good mood! Go Gators!

InkedAdrenaline

VIP Member
uploadfromtaptalk1350785781927.jpg

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I looked at my checklist, and it seems that I do not know these Gators well enough. I am still learning how this team works. Fair enough. At least it is working.

• [ YES ] Dominate the line of scrimmage. The Gators will impose their will on the adversary after the Cocks, Cocks, Cocks have showed all their cards in the first half...
    • The Gators did their halftime adjustments and shut down the Cocks. They looked strong on the LOS all game.
  • [ YES] Nullify the SC offense, focusing on their "center of gravity (COG)", Connor Shaw. ... If the Gators execute the 3Ds, they can keep the C0cks under their average of 350 yards of total offense.
    • The Gator D held SC to 191 yards of total offense, well under their 350 yard average.
  • [ YES and NO ] Control the first half and make smart second half adjustments. The Mighty Gators will prep the battlefield with some trickeration--play action, misdirection, and Wildcat early in the game. ...
    • The Gators kept it very vanilla in the first half, then lined up in some interesting formations in the second half, so they did some trickeration, misdirection, and Wildcat--just not in the first half. They did make nice second half adjustments.
  • [ YES and NO ] Free Gilly! Let Gilly pound the rock... If Clowney really is injured, then Gilly may run for 150 yards or more.
    • Gilly did not have a very productive day with only 37 yards, yet the Gators controlled 35-1/2 minutes of clock. Clowney was the only playmaker for the Cocks, and the Gators really could not contain him. Xavier Nixon was beat on pretty much every snap with Clowney's first, second, and umpteenth steps.
  • [ YES and NO] Don't leave points on the board. Whether by sea, land, or air, the Gators will probably need 350-400 yards of offense to beat the C0cks. (No. The Gators only had 183 yards of offense, but they only had to settle for one field goal.)
    • 200 yards in the air from Driskel (No. JD only needed to pass for 93 yards.)
    • 100 yards by sea from Driskel running (No. JD ran for -5 yards due to sacks. Dude, fix that.)
    • 150 yards on the ground from Gilly running (No. Gilly had 37 yards.)
  • [ NOT REALLY ] Dominate the line of scrimmage, minimize mistakes, control the clock, and take care of the ball. (Those penalties were killers! 7 penalties for 74 yards, and 1-2 scores removed from the board. The Gators need to clean that up.)

InkedAdrenaline

VIP Member
The refs had some horrible calls which nullified quite a few good gain plays... And Gilli couldn't run against that sc Dline because it was all our Oline could do to hold them off much less make a hole for Gilli to run in...

FrozenGator

Gator Fan
(Btw-@FrozenGator--between that guy at half-time in your stadium there in Winnepeg kicking that FG-for-a-car, then MISSING the longer one for a million bucks--it was LONG enough, just wide-right...you could tell he'd been practicing, and tho' he took it in-stride, he's gonna kick HIMSELF all over the field later--SO CLOSE--...THAT made it to ESPN's "Friday's Top Ten Highlights" countdown, and it wasn't even the highest-RANKED highlight coming out of that game: a couple of rankings higher was a CATCH from the CFL game that halftime kick came from, a pretty acrobatic bit of magic on the part of the Toronto Argonaut receiver--your Blue Bombers won the game, though, by a big score as I recall, so you can afford to be generous about this, right? Anyway, since y'all have TSN (The Sports Network) up there instead of our ESPN down here, I thought you'd get a "kick" (yeah yeah, bad pun) out of knowing how much attention your team and home stadium got on American TV, primetime nationwide...Hope you see this AND can spend some time with us here today: Not sure how this game is going out, and whether you'll have access to it up there...I THINK there's a good chance, either on CBS, who always has first choice on any SEC games, or ABC who, with their sister-network ESPN hosting College Game Day from Gainesville all late-week and weekend, may well pick up the feed for national broadcast if CBS DOESN'T, so if you are home or have time to hit a sports bar you SHOULD have access to it somewhere up where you are. GO GATORS!!!)
Man, I'm late to the party, but I finally got here. See, I'm out of town, so watching the game while being online just isn't a possibility. Still, I'm at my in-laws', and my father-in-law is a Gators fan, so we got to catch the game.
CBS shows SEC games up here, but really, only the high-ranked teams. So, with the Gators ranked #2, I can be pretty sure of getting to see them.

(Didn't get to SEE the Bombers game, as I was driving here. Listened to it, though, and we needed a win that huge. I'm pumped that the League is getting some exposure south of the border.)

My thoughts on the game (my apologies if some of them have been covered already):
1) Trey Burton is my player of the game. Dude almost single-handedly kept us in the game through the first half. He was all hustle, all heart, and played like a warrior. Without him, we're done.
2) Great development in Driskel. He's showing all the potential that we've seen in him all along. A few missed reads, and he was getting NO help from his o-line, but the QB should really be an impact player for years.
3) Clowney is a beast. He was the biggest threat, and disrupted everything we tried. I'm glad we got out to such a big lead, so he could stop caring... Did anyone else notice he was either worn out from the time of possession difference, or he figured the game was out reach?
4) What was Muschamp so pissed off about at half-time? I didn't think the penalties called were THAT bad? Or, was it something else? Should I have gone back and read the 8 pages before this?
5) Momentum seems to be on our side. Georgia is up next, but I think that if we have everyone playing int he first half like they played in the second, we should be alright. What we NEED is a team full of Trey Burtons.
6) Did I mention I like Trey Burton? I'm so happy that we're continuing to make him a key feature of our team, even if he can't quite be the starting QB. He's too good, too versatile, and too passionate for us to leave him on the bench. LIKE (but nowhere near as good as) Tebow in his skillset, heart, and passion.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema