• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gameday: 10/01/16 Gators at Vandy

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Um, puttin' this up on Fri aft 'cause I almost can't watch this early kickoff matchup: We could EASILY lose this one against an albeit mediocre edition (even for them) of the Commodores. Second week in a row our team goes on the road, this time with a massive hangover after last week's depressing meltdown in the 2nd half.
Not gonna dwell on that one--I still think they shoulda burned the film/tape, put it behind 'em in ritual fashion--except to note that old saw bout not letting a bad loss beat you twice...but these are kids (man, was that clear in that Vols game!), and shit happens.
It's not just our players who face a test of will, character and emotional growth. It's the coaching staff who will be weighed in judgement now. We ought to be angry, go out and rip the HELL out of an inferior SEC foe. Do everyone a world of good too--not really prove much, certainly not fix what we saw out there, but still: That's the way GROWING young teams with strong coaching react in such situations. BUT...
But, well, fact remains, we just don't know. Gonna learn a bit more about what we've got, where we're headed and how fast. For now, let's just say I'm worried.

awebbf5

VIP Member
Two years ago when tabor made that awesome interception against vandy I was at that game. I wondered how did we not recruit Ralph Webb who was right in the backyard? I am still wondering what muschamp was thinking not recruiting this kid? I'm pretty sure he would have had the pride we want in players wearing that orange and blue, considering he grew up a gator fan.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, been running round, WORKING today, actually (shooting certain bands at Samsung Main Stage at ACL fest--so I'm not complaining)--but I AM listening to the game on my phone, earphone-bud in one ear and comm-set in other.
We DO seem to suffer from loss-shock hangover so far--but appear also to possibly be waking up now. Lets give Vandy some credit here too, though I still think we oughtta be whipping them even if it is in their place. Just not quite clicking.
Lets see how this staff adjusts THIS week.
(Wish Luke was back in there...Anyone hear when he's gonna be back? Next week?)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Need to try staying with that "tempo offense" (geez, worked AGAINST us well enough last week).

awebbf5

VIP Member
Well, been running round, WORKING today, actually (shooting certain bands at Samsung Main Stage at ACL fest--so I'm not complaining)--but I AM listening to the game on my phone, earphone-bud in one ear and comm-set in other.
We DO seem to suffer from loss-shock hangover so far--but appear also to possibly be waking up now. Lets give Vandy some credit here too, though I still think we oughtta be whipping them even if it is in their place. Just not quite clicking.
Lets see how this staff adjusts THIS week.
(Wish Luke was back in there...Anyone hear when he's gonna be back? Next week?)

Look to be walking funny still on the sidelines

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
This is getting OLD: Once again we have failed to adjust at the half...With the opposing team having gotten their running game in gear (while ours continues to sputter), our D is on the field again way too much. Way it's setting up, we will likely lose this in the 4th qrtr--unless Appleby can throw for a TD real soon.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Poor throw, but still shoulda been caught by Calloway. Feast or famine with him, I guess.
Our offense looks like it's back in Muschamp-land. Up to our D to bail em out--and they are TIRED.
Gentlemen, our season may about to go into "REstart-mode". Sit Appleby ASAP (not his fault, really--just time to get the freshmen, or one of em at least, some game experience), pick one, at most two of the RBs to carry the ground load, and open things up. This is too much like the worst of the last 2 or 3 pre-Mac seasons.
Only way we don't lose this one is if the D gets a pick six or two.

awebbf5

VIP Member
Poor throw, but still shoulda been caught by Calloway. Feast or famine with him, I guess.
Our offense looks like it's back in Muschamp-land. Up to our D to bail em out--and they are TIRED.
Gentlemen, our season may about to go into "REstart-mode". Sit Appleby ASAP (not his fault, really--just time to get the freshmen, or one of em at least, some game experience), pick one, at most two of the RBs to carry the ground load, and open things up. This is too much like the worst of the last 2 or 3 pre-Mac seasons.
Only way we don't lose this one is if the D gets a pick six or two.

Yeah I think it's time to say let's rebuild with a freshman qb so they have experience for next year. This season looks lost

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
No matter the outcome here, we have to face facts: We have regressed, rather than grown, in the course of the season so far. This program is at least a season, more likely TWO behind where we thought, hoped they were. And only a couple of OUTSTANDING recruiting classes is gonna get us on track towards where we need to be.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Crap call there--but way it goes now.
D out there for another series--which is exactly what they DON'T need now.
I just don't enjoy watching this Gator team now. It really IS back to how it was before Mac got here...
But we get the dropped snap on the punt.
Better get THIS one in the endzone.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Oops-- looks like some of the Vandy not-so-faithful starting to leave... But they shouldn't: Our offense is sporadic today.
And Appleby's (supposed) mobility FINALLY pays off! Saves the gift-drive.
Aw fuck!!!! We really suck on offense.
Gave it away on our own inside the ONE!!
"Sporadic"???!! Try, purely INEPT!

awebbf5

VIP Member
I'm not ready to call for macs head yet, but at this point I wonder if he is the guy to get us back to national dominance?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
What kinda snap was that?!!
D better come thru now. Man, I am actually ASHAMED of this offense.
That was bush league stuff out there.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I'm not ready to call for macs head yet, but at this point I wonder if he is the guy to get us back to national dominance?
I've been a big supporter of him AND Nussmeyer--but I feel the same way.
Now our D is choking.
Sigh. This is just a sickening extension of LAST week's mess.
Think we are a very fragile team--on AND off the field.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yeah--we had all KINDS of chances to put this one away, in spite of mediocre, uninspired play on our part--and are now in the process of blowing it at the very end here. Our D HAS to get it done here.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I think they are nuts punting--but maybe not. We might give it back to em--in fact, with all their time outs, might be smart, considering our offense.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, we stopped the clock for em, on top of everything else. Just ONE FIRST DOWN, to win it--but watch: They will run it into the line and put ot all on the D...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema