• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Game Day (11/15/14): 'Cocks in The Swamp

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Just overthrew Demarcus Robinson on a post. Referees gave the Gators a break with that flag. Note: SC cornerback Chris Lammons drew that PI. He was once a Gator commit, along with running back Mike Davis.

awebbf5

VIP Member
Geez...went to get some fresh booze (KNEW I had another bottle of Crown Royal Black somewhere!)--'cause it turns out I'm gonna NEED it, trust me--and all this stuff has happened, apparently, tho' NONE of it has garnered us more than that 3 points...Another chance at a 4th down shot, and we again fail to take a shot: Muschamp playing for the "close game", mainly "not to lose" it again. Well, at least Christy got off some decent yards this time--aside from Treon, who today is basically OUR WHOLE OFFENSE thus far, our punter IS our "MVP". That's a bad thing.
Im a crown guy myself

Escambia94

Florida-Gators-Florida-Football-The-Swamp-South-Carolina-Gamecocks-Super-Gallery-Florida-Gators-Wide-Receiver-Demarcus-Robinson-Touchdown-Celebrate.jpg

Another post pattern from Harris to Robinson ties up the game. 10-10 at the half!

Last edited:

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Robinson gets the reception for 6. OK--we are now "officially" back in this one--by definition.
Anyone ELSE both happy--and WORRIED that a Gator-win here, no matter HOW "ugly", becomes part of that "keep Muschamp wave that's sweeping thru' the media, at least? I don't hear or see ANYONE among the fans who wants Muschamp back.
I just think it takes either not actually SEEING this game, or ignoring a whole PILE of crappy plays, to think this shows a "resurgent Gator team".
Meanwhile, report is that Treon "split his finger" out there in the 1st qrtr, and it's on his throwing hand. Of course, the ESPN guys are trying to spin that, "Did them a FAVOR--woke them UP to running the ball more--The numbers show that they win games when they run the ball, mainly" (!!!). What a bunch of backwardly-reasoned, "lying with numbers" pile of DOO-DOO! That's the kind of bs that's been thrown around in this campaign to somehow whitewash all that's happened, redeem his stature, in general try to rally general support for, at least make possible Foley's eventual public-rationale for keeping him.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
If the let TH throw we have a chance!!!!!
Couldn't agree more--he IS our offense today. And never mind "let": Since last week and carrying on thru this far into this game, almost every pass play has been either to the receiver he checked down to, OR audibled to that play in the FIRST place. And a big part of our running yards have been when he either calls his own number OR has chosen to break from the pocket 'cause it was his best chance. Treon doesn't just run fast, he THINKS fast. That's what makes him especially dangerous--and COULD make him great, as time goes on. But we need, HE needs a few more young, fast, sure-HANDED receivers (oh, how having that big TE might have helped him AND us this season!) and a deeper, closely-knit O-lone in front of him, to really get where he can go--and take the whole team with him. In the meantime, we can only cross our fingers and hope the way he has managed to almost single-handedly carry us, just on talent and instinct, so far.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Alligator Army ‏@AlligatorArmy 3m3 minutes ago
It's a good thing Florida didn't fire Muschamp in the first quarter as Twitter wanted. Prolly wouldn't be 10-10 right now.

0 replies3 retweets4 favorites
Retweeted3
Favorite4
More
Whole idea is ridiculous, of course--even to ME...But let's face it: Not as if he's been the "difference" so far. If he were suddenly gone, a la "Varsity Blues", this team couldn't do much worse than most of what we saw in that 1st qrtr.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Now's when the "defer to the 2nd" deal can pay off--though it mighta been a better one if the D had actually been ready to play. STILL don't "get" that pattern, every wk it seems...

Escambia94

Even the media acknowledges that a loss today should be the end of Will Muschamp.

Escambia94

The Gator offense is once again sputtering. The SC defense is getting into the backfield before the ball snap.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
3rd and 10, already. Oh Oh. Bout to give away that so called "momentum" announcers were crowing about a few moments ago. Um, you're supposed to run that pass to Robinson PAST the marker. Oh well, good idea, anyway. That IS our one "connection" out there.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Even the media acknowledges that a loss today should be the end of Will Muschamp.
Really? Ya THINK? You know, if I REALLY believed that, I suppose I really MIGHT find myself rooting against us here--at least take a poor performance with more composure...but I just DON'T. I mean, the guy's like a friggin' ZOMBIE, keeps comin' BACK FROM THE DEAD.

Escambia94

Jon Bullard gets the sack! Since the Cocks are getting into the Gator backfield, it is time for the Gators to wreak some havoc in the backfield and give Dylan Thompson someting to think about.
Florida-Gators-Florida-Football-The-Swamp-South-Carolina-Gamecocks-Super-Gallery--Usc-Quarterback-Dylan-Thompson-Scrambles-Bullard.jpg

Last edited:

Escambia94

Really? Ya THINK? You know, if I REALLY believed that, I suppose I really MIGHT find myself rooting against us here--at least take a poor performance with more composure...but I just DON'T. I mean, the guy's like a friggin' ZOMBIE, keeps comin' BACK FROM THE DEAD.

That is because you are dead set on a midseason firing. I will bet you money that unless there are fights in fraternity houses or DUIs or Jameis Winston-like behavior, Jeremy Foley will not fire any coach before 1 December.

Rooting against your Gators will not change anything. I hate to say that, but I cannot and will not root against the Gators. Ever. I can disagree with the coach, because he is a paid employee of the University Athletic Association. I cannot hate or root against kids who really were put in a bad position by a not-so-good coach. Maybe average coach.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema