• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Franks or Zaire?

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Who should start? I think both guys should get reps because it's Northern Colorado. They don't have the athletes that Michigan has.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Who should start? I think both guys should get reps because it's Northern Colorado. They don't have the athletes that Michigan has.
I just don't know. I see and can agree with arguments from BOTH your points of view...but neither really moved the offense in that offensive debacle yesterday.
Yeah, they both deserve, NEED "2nd shots" after that...but one could argue that del Rio SHOULD have also gotten some time, especially in that 4th quarter--couldn't have "messed it up" any worse, and it could be argued he sure deserves a look, at least some reps to "shake the rust" against what would have otherwise have been our normal "patsie opponent to open the season".
Only we better be careful, not arrogantly assume ANYTHING against a smaller but still game N CO squad that is among the best in their league and at their level, and for whom this game is like their own "Kickoff Classic". They are gonna be UP for this one--and, like the Longhorns learned yesterday against a Terps team almost NO ONE gave much chance, NEVER MIND SIZE, SPEED, RECRUITING OR MEDIA HYPE: we just aren't a good enough TEAM to take anything or anyone for granted.
So whatever the Coach's plans are, they better be flexible, ready for the unexpected, and aimed toward winning thru adversity--and somehow this time all of it communicated to his players.
Wouldn't surprise me if they gave us a game. And that's even with our best skill players back on offense--of which there is little indication so far.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
We did not see enough against Michigan to determine a winner, so play them both. I would also like to experiment with Del Rio actually calling the plays for both of them. Take the play calling away from Nussmeier for a bit and make the players trust each other on offense.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I go with Franks. Also sadly Will
Grier had a good game with WVU.
Yeah, wasn't at all sure coming in, but based on what we got right now, seems that in terms of building towards longterm success and stability, Mac NEEDS to give Franks EVERY CHANCE to start and STAR.
As for Will G "looking good at WVA, well, Of COURSE he did. That's how it goes with us and QBs nowadays. But Will chose to go...LOOKED like an emotional, impulsive bail-out at the time--then again, Mac did NUTHIN' to reassure, keep him. And more and more since then, we have seen that Coach Mac may not be the "Offense Fixer" as advertised when brought in.
Moreover, big picture: Since #15, how many Prep'n'Practice-field stars who turn out to be onfield busts (least for US) does that make??? (That long and sad littany of failure goes back to TT's leaving after his senior year 2009, jettising Cam, certain we had the next Big Star in JB etc etc and so on and so forth year in year out...)

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema