• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

For all those OBC fans

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
How many of you really have crush on Spurrier. I'll be honest, I'm pretty much over him now. I'm a big time Urban fan.

dbgator1

Gator Fan
I've been over him for awhile i didn't like the way he left. Meyer is a great coach. Go Gators!!!!!!!!!!!

GatorsDiva21

Hayley Loves her gators
Awwwwww I love spurrier to death regardless how he left, Steve Spurrier is without a shadow of a doubt my favorite coach, But Urban Meyer is close to me too, I think he's cute how he makes those faces on the sidelines LOL, But yeah I'd havta say I have a huge crush on Spurrier!!!!;)

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
Awwwwww I love spurrier to death regardless how he left, Steve Spurrier is without a shadow of a doubt my favorite coach, But Urban Meyer is close to me too, I think he's cute how he makes those faces on the sidelines LOL, But yeah I'd havta say I have a huge crush on Spurrier!!!!;)

Like most people.:mad:;) ;)

GatorsDiva21

Hayley Loves her gators
You ever heard once a gator always a gator, sorry I disagree, I'll never get over spurrier, just cuz he coaches at a different school, doesn't mean I have to hate him ;)

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
You ever heard once a gator always a gator, sorry I disagree, I'll never get over spurrier, just cuz he coaches at a different school, doesn't mean I have to hate him ;)

Never said you HAD TO HATE HIM. But it's pretty obvious who you like more between Meyer and Spurrier. To me at least. And it's like that for many Gator fans. That's all I'm saying.

gtrgrl97

VIP Member
I loved him... in a football sort of way:). He did a lot for the program here at UF, brought some pride back in our step. He led our team to its first National Championship. But he sure made me cry the morning I found out he was leaving..... (that sounds kinda weird.... especially since it was my husband that told me)
anyway, it's kinda of like a relationship that's hard to get over. You always remember the good times you had together, but the breakup never stops hurting.

Okay, I went WAY too far with that HAHAHAHAHAHa:p :no:

gtrgrl97

VIP Member
But boy oh boy I think Coach Meyer is the best now!!!!

My son went to his football camp last summer and he was so awesome to him, and very polite, nice, helpful and cool to me!

And look what he did for our football program in 2 years!
So, Go Coach Meyer and
Go Gators!

GatorsDiva21

Hayley Loves her gators
Well, I'm sorry, i've loved steve spurrier since I was 8 yrs old the same year I became a gator fan, and it doesn't matter where he goes in america, i'll always pull for "HIM" to be successful, I maynot like the team, but that has nothing to do with it, Steve is a great guy....As for Urban Meyer I think he's a great coach no doubt about that and he has certainly prooved his self to bein one of the best coaches in college football. thats my opinion, and I don't expect anyone to agree with me, it's like No-matter if florida is 0-12 or 12-0 I'll still say there the best team in america. There's a difference of being 1 of the best teams "record wise", but it's another being the best team, cuz you love them that much, and I love the gators that much ;)

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
This is how I see it: I love Steve Spurrier for what he did here, but since he is the coach for South Carolina, our division rival, my love and want for him to do the best he can stops, I want whatever it takes for the Gators to succeed to happen, even if that means Steve losing all his games. Sorry to say but that is just how it is.:p

GatorsDiva21

Hayley Loves her gators
Ya know, thing is, when steve was here at florida, our rivals was, tenn, georgia, maybe auburn, and FSU maybe LSU, but the real reason SC is our "so called" newest rival is because of spurrier, is that right? Cuz when spurrier was here, sc was just another game. I mean if not wrong, when ron zook was here, thats when SC became a rival, but yet at the swamp, when we retired spurrier's number, everyone in that stadium, gave him a standing ovation matter fact that was during a sc game, right?

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
Ya know, thing is, when steve was here at florida, our rivals was, tenn, georgia, maybe auburn, and FSU maybe LSU, but the real reason SC is our "so called" newest rival is because of spurrier, is that right? Cuz when spurrier was here, sc was just another game. I mean if not wrong, when ron zook was here, thats when SC became a rival, but yet at the swamp, when we retired spurrier's number, everyone in that stadium, gave him a standing ovation matter fact that was during a sc game, right?

What's you point?? I don't care about Spurrier. Enough about Spurrier. When he is retired I would talk about him. But until he either leaves USCe or gets fired and moves on from the SEC, I'm not going to sit here all gushy and complimentary of Steven Osbourne Spurrier. Great coach, great Gator, but he is now the enemy. LIKE IT, OR NOT. And please don't tell me if we somehow lose on Saturday, you would feel good, because it was to Spurrier. That would piss me off.:D ;)

gtrgrl97

VIP Member
Let's just take a moment and think about our awesome game last year, and how great those blocked kicks were, when we won and beat Spurrier at the Swamp!!!

WOO HOO!!!!:bananajump:

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
I think, if Spurrier was coaching a team like USCw, or Michigan, or Texas, or Ohio State, he would be winning most if not all of his games. But he is coaching a team that before he got here had sucked EVERY YEAR they had been a football team. He isn't on a team that is starting at the top. He has to build this team up. And when, or if, he does it, it will make him seem like a MUCH better coach than he is now. Believe it or not. I just pray it doesn't happen at a school (USEe) in our own division. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema