• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Florida Gators vs Appalachian State Mountaineers

What's your game prediction? Who will show up this weekend?

• Reincarnated Michigan '07, Gators lose

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
We all know the story. The Football Championship Subdivision Appalachian State University Mountaineers upset the Football Bowl Subdivision University of Michigan Wolverines 34-32 in a game where Michigan was riding a 14-game winning streak and were 27-point favorites. They were favored so heavily, that Vegas refused to post a betting line on the game-–there was NO WAY that Appy State was going to defeat the mighty, #5 Wolverines. We all know what happened. To make matters worse, the 2007 Florida Gator football team lost to this same Michigan team in the 2008 Capital One Bowl, 41-35. If the Mountaineers can ride the momentum that got them to a 2010 Southern Conference championship and #2 FCS ranking, they can fly high and defeat this very vulnerable Gator team. On the other hand, this is the Swamp. Our losses have come against ranked FBS teams, and the Mountaineers just might have to get a TSA cavity search from a very angry Gator squad before they get on the plane back home to North Carolina.

littlegoldenbook.jpg

Read more ----------> here

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Well I'm nervous about this game. I think their speed matches up with the Gators so cut down on those screens. ASU's speed was the reason why they beat UM. Michigan beat the Gators because Gators had the HS Star team at defense. I don't know what to expect.

Escambia94

I definitely will not be forking over any PPV money to watch. Since I live outside of FL, I might be able to catch it on ESPN3.

As for ruining the season, it's not the worst season I have seen. Yet.

InkedAdrenaline

VIP Member
We all know the story. The Football Championship Subdivision Appalachian State University Mountaineers upset the Football Bowl Subdivision University of Michigan Wolverines 34-32 in a game where Michigan was riding a 14-game winning streak and were 27-point favorites. They were favored so heavily, that Vegas refused to post a betting line on the game-–there was NO WAY that Appy State was going to defeat the mighty, #5 Wolverines. We all know what happened. To make matters worse, the 2007 Florida Gator football team lost to this same Michigan team in the 2008 Capital One Bowl, 41-35. If the Mountaineers can ride the momentum that got them to a 2010 Southern Conference championship and #2 FCS ranking, they can fly high and defeat this very vulnerable Gator team. On the other hand, this is the Swamp. Our losses have come against ranked FBS teams, and the Mountaineers just might have to get a TSA cavity search from a very angry Gator squad before they get on the plane back home to North Carolina.

littlegoldenbook.jpg

Read more ----------> here

this is a very accurate and tru posting, but boy do I hope it isnt implying a loss, LOL i cant take a loss to app st lol CHOMP CHOMP!

gtrgrl97

VIP Member
Well, I'm gonna be at Beef OBrady's in all my Gator colors cheering on the team for my whole town to see! (Don't have espn3 at home)
I hope we do great!~~~~
My family's all busy, so I'll be alone for the 1st half, maybe I'll bring my laptop to keep up what you guys are saying here on gatorenvy LOL!

InkedAdrenaline

VIP Member
Well, I'm gonna be at Beef OBrady's in all my Gator colors cheering on the team for my whole town to see! (Don't have espn3 at home)
I hope we do great!~~~~
My family's all busy, so I'll be alone for the 1st half, maybe I'll bring my laptop to keep up what you guys are saying here on gatorenvy LOL!

chomp chomp

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Shoot! I was 1 hr. off on the game time and it's started--and of course they look like the team we thought they'd be all along. Even Deonte is making catches. (Of course, Brantley STILL isn't especially accurate, and Reed continues to impress--but this team looks like they EXPECT to dominate, and they ARE.) Touchdown!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Carl, Carl, Carl. Sit down and watch.
You're gonna miss out on a lot of fun, looks like...

Escambia94

Reed, Burton, anybody but Brantley. My patience with the kid is wearing thin. Not that I get a vote.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
THIS time back down here they go to Reed--and it works! Not that most of HERE are surprised that it did.

(BTW, E-94, I'm beginning to see a "road outta here" developing in what we're seeing today, some cause for hope--IF things were to continue in this direction with the new guys, AND the coaches were to learn and adapt what DOES work--and throw away what so obviously doesn't! I'll have more to say on this after the game...)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Meanwhile, here approaching the half, JB can't throw a long ball to save his life, apparently...

Escambia94

At least we know JB can catch the ball. Move him to receiver--he catches better than Brickhands Deonte Thompson.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sure looks like they got the wrong QB switching primarily to receiver...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
A shame the head coaches are friends and there's no bad blood here: no chance for us to practice Brantley throwing the long ball--even once might be seen as "rubbing it in", and I doubt Urban would call it...and it's not like #12 will audible to it (he's never even done it when it was necessary!). Meanwhile, this would be a good situation to run various posts, flies and the like: give JB lots of practice AND a chance to build his confidence and a bond with his receivers against game-competition. Oh well.
Defense looks solid, tackling well for a change, shutting down the middle/long-stuff when they go to throw. This is NOT a bad team they're playing, either, if a little out-sized by us. Well-coached. We have been far from"automatic" against this kind of team this year. Would like to see a shut-out for these Seniors, but this drive looks dangerous...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema