• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Florida Gators Travel to Lexington

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
The No. 1 Florida Gators are on the road for the first time in 2009. The Gators will play the Kentucky Wildcats in Lexington at 6:00 PM on Saturday. The Wildcats are 2-0, having beat Miami of Ohio and Louisville. They now get to open their SEC schedule against the nation's best team. I'm not sure the Wildcats have beaten Florida in the last 20+ years, but they are not a pushover like they have been in year's past. Florida is favored to win by only 22 points, that a touchdown less than they were favored to beat Tennessee.

The Gators are coming off a dismal offensive performance last week against the Vols. Tebow was not on his 'A' game and the offense just wasn't clicking. The Wildcats don't have a frightening offense, but they seem to be very well balanced in the passing and rushing attack. Looking at their box scores, I can tell they like to spread the ball around and control the clock. You can bet they will study every minute of the Vols game and devise a plan to stop the Gators.

The question is, do they have the players to execute? I don't think they do. Kentucky is led by junior quarterback Mike Hartline. He's more of a pocket passer... having only run the ball 6 times in their first two games. He's an efficient passer and has completed 70.4% of his passes in 2009. The Wildcats top runningback is Derrick Locke, who is averaging 5.8 ypc and has two touchdowns in his first two games.

They lack the star power that Florida has, and I just don't think the Wildcats can get it done at home. 22 points doesn't seem like a lot to me. If I were a better man I would take Florida and cash in. I predict the Gators will rebound nicely and use the Wildcats as an example of how they will play the remainder of the season.

Final score prediction: Gators 63 - Wildcats 9

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema